“A great option among many places on the same street”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bluewater Lodge

Bluewater Lodge
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Montreal, Canada
“A great option among many places on the same street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Along this one road there are about a dozen hostels/guesthouses and although I haven't stayed in any of the others, this was a pretty good one.

The biggest draw for me was the free, unlimited internet access and breakfast included. It was a comfortable stay with friendly and really helpful staff. A great time all around!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights, the staff were SO lovely and would do anything for you. I stayed in a double room which was huge and had a really nice en-suite. The aircon was a god send in the heat as well. Unfortunately it was raining horrifically while we were there so we didn't get to experience much of the pool or beach, but the beach is literally just a 2 minute walk from the hostel and the pool was good to swim in when the weather did brighten up a bit!

The food you can order was gorgeous and a good variety. Again, the staff were just awesome.

Had a complimentary pick up from the airport and if you needed a taxi you just had to ask in reception and they would get one for you.

Only little issue was that my room wasn't serviced at all while I was there, I had to ask for more toilet roll etc but I don't really class that as being an issue!

It was a great start to my Fiji experience.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Oswiecim, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I decided to stay here after my trip to the Yasawa Islands on the reccomendation of a few other travelers I had met. I only stayed one night since my plane was leaving the next day but it was a really nice hostel and was very affordable. The reception was cheerful and helped me bring my bags up to the room.

I was booked into a 3 person dorm which had lockers under each bed and none of the beds were bunks. There was a little balcony I used to make phone calls outside but if you smoked it would be the perfect place to do so. There was also an air conditioner but it didn't seem to work very well, luckily it was not too hot the night I stayed there. The bathrooms and showers were nice and clean and hot water was always available

Since it was raining pretty hard I didn't want to adventure into town and find dinner so I chose to eat at the hostel's restraunt. I was able to sit outside under a rain tarp and remained dry during the course of my meal even though they had to keep adjusting the tarp to release water. The food was fantastic and was a very big portion, quite filling and reasonably priced too. The free breakfast in the morning also was nice with toast, jam and fresh fruit.

I can reccomend this hostel to anyone arriving at or departing from Nadi, especially if you are seeking a good deal at a quiet, clean and relaxing place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Bluewater Lodge was our first destination in Fiji, and it did not disappoint. We were looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful, close to the airport, and also allowing us to get to Denerau early the following morning to get the Yasawa Flyer. The lodge ticked all of the boxes fantastically.

The place was very near, tidy, and clean and is basically a very large house. There is a lovely pool and bar area out back where we spent a lot of the day relaxing after a long haul flight into Fiji. The food at Bluewater is amazing - for sure some of the best that we enjoyed whilst in Fiji, and great value for money too.

Denerau is only a short and cheap cab ride away, and is very handy for somewhere to get lunch and a beer or two.

All in all, could not recommend this place more as a one night stop over on your way to another destination in Fiji.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

If you are on a tight budget, but still look for clean places, beautiful, easygoing and an experience that represents the country, this is the place. I had a great experience, surrounded by helpful and friendlt staff. The place is quite/very clean, it´s got aircon, swimming pool, excellent food at an affordable price, free and nice breakfast, and just one minute walk to the beach. If you wanna go shopping to the town, local buses (1.15 dollars) or taxi (8 dollars) take you there, but it is not necessary to look for an accommodation right in town while in Nadi (and when you visit it you will understand why I say that). We organized the rest of the trip around Fiji with Mary (receptionist), who was an awesome Fijian lady (like the other staff). Don´t look further, because we did and didn´t find anywhere else that affordable and of such quality.

Room Tip: Better to pay the extra 5 dollars to get the nice 3-4 single bed dorm upstairs rather than the downs...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nadi
0.2 km away
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,969 reviews

Been to Bluewater Lodge? Share your experiences!