eDreams
Etrip
Priceline
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

Arrived early morning and got to my room easily.
Big size room but only had a fan and it does get extremely hot!
Pillows weren't that great and there was no one to ask for extra pillows.

I believe the manager was away and they had no one else manning the place. Which was a bit unsafe,cos literally anyone could walk in to the place. There's been food thieves during my stay, not my food but other people's.
The bathrooms were basic. There's a nice outdoor seating area.
And extremely close to the beach!

I booked through with them via booking.com and usually payment would be taking out. On my checkout day I had a long wait for my flight anyways and this woman came along looking for whoever was staying in room 6 - me. And asking for payment. Before I paid her I had to check that payment wasn't already taking out! I just thought that it's stupid how there isn't anyone there to greet you at all throughout the stay and to actually check you in.
The phone also didn't work..
You also had to pay for Wi-Fi which was fine but it doesn't cost $20 an hour! From what I read!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Great staff, clean rooms and cool interaction with other guests make this guesthouse especially standout.
The location is awesome (1’ away from the beach & 2’ away from small stors, awesome restaurants and the market). Definitely again if on the island.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank arnofauth
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Wonderful budget accommodation: House keeper named Lovey was “Lovey by name and Lovey by nature” She was really lovely, always having a bit of time for a chat if needed. Brendan the manager is friendly n helpful but is it mostly Lovey you see every day. The guesthouse is in a good spot in Muri to reach everything like the lagoon, the night market or the shops & cafés of the town quickly in very short walking distance. With the common area it was easy to meet other guests & do things together. I was also allowed to leave my luggage for my late flight out. Would recommend the place to anyone looking for a good budget accommodation.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank DesleyMarch2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

This was my second time staying at aremango guesthouse and I had an awesome time!

What really makes this place special is the on call manager Lovi. From the moment we arrived she made us feel like family. Anything we needed she was there for us, nothing was too much trouble. Her warmth and hospitality are what made our stay here so enjoyable.

No aremango is not a 5 star hotel, but at the price you pay it is a great deal being right on Muri beach's doorstep. What you do get is a comfortable bed, clean room and great place to stay where you can meet different people from all over the world. Yes you do have to clean up after yourself in the kitchen, which shouldn't be hard to do if you're a responsible adult who has basic respect for the other guests.

There is no rat problem at aremango like the below review has stated. I was staying here at the time of this incident and that night the outside kitchen sliding door had been left open by mistake during the night by one of the guests. Management were extremely sorry about the situation but their apologies were just being ignored.

I already plan to stay at aremango again on my next trip to Raro. It's an awesome place to stay. You get to meet some amazing people and save abit of money to spend on better things like new experiences and making memories!

Thanks and see you again Lovi and team :)

Grace

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Gaiaka27
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I was misled in thinking this was a 3-star guesthouse but it is actually a run-down hostel. 3 bathrooms are to share for 10 bedrooms and there are no towels. There is no wifi unless you purchase it from outside and it's very expensive. There are notices everywhere with lots of instructions and we are told to clean after ourselves as "we are not your mother". No one was there when I arrived until the next night when a black mouse jumped on me when I was in bed and crawled on me. The manager on duty called in emergency hardly applogized and said mice are common in the tropics. I have travelled a lot in the tropics and never saw one in my room. I don't recommend staying there unless you are happy sharing your room with a mouse.

Date of stay: February 2018