1,361 results
All reviews wine tasting great location soaking tub rooms are large small pool pocitos beach nice neighborhood uber ride nice property center city residential area two blocks great shower rooftop pool the air conditioning nice stay three nights
Reviewed 23 December 2015

We have stayed here before and even referred people, however that was many months ago and THEY HAVE GONE WAY DOWN in everything. The food is awful...served us a microwave pizza for "room service" and it was cold along with super poor attitude from the person delivering. Breakfast is super low quality and the eggs are always cold and stale. Front desk upon check in was extremely poor with zero assistance despite THREE EMAILS prior to arriving with assurances of many things. Lastly we paid more for an "upgraded room"...they don't exist so dont pay more they are all 100% the same. The bathtub is only good if you are under 5.4" and the walls are paper thin. We had specifically stated we needed rest and relaxation and were placed on a floor where the other rooms were occupied by a two families with LOUD children, constant open doors to hear everything and even when they were closed it was to loud and our room was on the street. WILL NOT EVER RETURN....totally sad how far they have fallen in standards. For sure there are many other concept hotels that are far better and more accommodating.

Room Tip: Each floor only has four rooms, try to be the only one on the floor due to paper thin walls and also ask to be away from the street side.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TOSALL
GERENCIAMYSUITES, Gerente at My Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear TOSSAL,

Thank you so much for your comment.
I am sad to read your comment and apologize for not having provided you a good experience at our hotel.
We are constantly making changes to our restaurant menu; we recently included a pizza that is made from scratch with the finest ingredients. I am sorry it was not of your liking.
We put great emphasis in delivering the best service possible; it disappoints me you did not feel our staff was up to the highest standards.
The hotel has two room categories, Junior Suites and Suites. The difference between them is the square meters; one of them is 25 the other 40. The second is what we refer to as an upgraded room. All of our Suites are equipped with bathtubs that are the standard size on most hotels in the world.
I am sorry you stayed in a room close to a family with kids and could hear the doors open and close; if you had brought it to our attention during your stay, we would have changed you to another floor and to a room not facing the street.
I greatly appreciate your comment because it lets us know the areas we need to improve.
I hope you had a wonderful return home.

Best regards,

My Suites Boutique Hotel General Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The hotel staff are very helpful , friendly and courteous . Its located in this cool little neighborhood (very safe) with lots of good restaurants . Everything you need for personal service ie pharmacy , bakery , laundry , change points , plus more are within 2 blocks . The breakfast is very good ! The rooms are large clean and modern . Its only a few blocks to the beach and just a few minutes from the old city . When I come back I will definantly stay here again ! Thanks again to the staff Merry Christmas !!!!!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank alan p
Reviewed 25 November 2015

My Suites is ideal for a quiet , comfortable hotel, close to the sea-front, local restaurants and with go services to the centre of town. Very helpful staff and spacious rooms. Wi-Fi is very useful for keeping in touch with home.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GERENCIAMYSUITES, Gerente at My Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Dear G249XE,

Thank you so much for your comment.

I stayed very happy knowing that you had a good stay in My Suites Hotel.

Would be a pleasure reciveing you again how guest.

I hope that you have been a good back to your country.

Thank you for choose My Suites.

Regards,
Mónica Rossi - Management

Reviewed 15 November 2015

second time staying at my suites boutique hotel. first time was good, second time brought back some of the things we didn't like the first time. first, front desk woman was less than helpful. we arrived and parked our car in the garage. there was only one person at the front desk, and she said the maid would help us with the luggage. we just kind of stood there waiting and after a few minutes decided to get the baggage cart and get it our selves. stuggling with the luggage in the garage, i was passed by two employees of the hotel who saw me and offered no help. they were going into the employee entrance so i know they worked there. $12 for parking a day. the room was very large and I had requested this room for this reason. very large. bright, full windows. sheets were not changed daily if stained and we slept on them for three nights. we did not request a change, but thought that the maid would have changed them seeing we spilled soda on them. light bulb was out next to bed when we arrived and after unpacking alerted front desk that suggest we move rooms. we got maid to get bulb from other room that was vacant and switched the bulb.
the hotel is clean, and they have a great wine tasting that is free and the wine is delicious and the presenter was knowledgeable, and friendly and i would suggest it. they have very good tapas to purchase also during the wine tasting.
the breakfast was only so so, running out of fruit often, replacing with only a few pieces at a times, running out of scrambled eggs and hard boiled eggs. however, there was an abundance of delicious cakes and breads. coffee is self serve. staff tries hard to keep up with demand though, but may be short handed.
the main thing though is that there is construction next door. i do not mean just banging, i mean a jack hammer right outside out window on the eighth floor working on the facade. starting at 8 am a noise that made it hard to hear the other person in the room and continuing until past 4 pm. impossible to stay in room, hear tv, take a nap or rest during these hours. we complained twice and were not offered any type of compensation and were met with shrugged shoulders and a kind of really? attitude as if there were not aware of the noise. the next door building is covered in scaffolding and draped with tarps so it is ongoing and has been ongoing. the level of the noise was so loud that earplugs would not mask it. we stayed in room 801 and while i can not account for rooms that were perhaps in the middle of the floor, i would greatly suggest not booking a room with a number one in it.
it is a good location, on a busy street so getting a cab is not problem. also only two blocks away from the rambla. it also has some great second hand stores near it. we ended up bring our own luggage down again as there was no one to help us and we wanted to leave
my husband and i would not stay in the hotel again. i would not recommend it to a friend either. there are way to many other places that try harder and are more accommodating. there is also only one computer and printer available and while they do have free wi fi, there is a wait for the computer at many times.
some of the night staff were extremely helpful though, but most were just there getting a paycheck.
i will say also that we were there last february during valentines day and they were very nice then. they laid out rose petals on our bed in the shape of a heart. that is why i rated it average, because it, all told, averages out to "average".

Room Tip: don't pick a room in the front unless you like jack hammer noise outside your window
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SophieNYC
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Very happy we chose this hotel in a mostly residential area of Pocitos. It's modern and clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The room was nicely decorated and the bed was very comfy. The closet was huge with a number of cubbies and the lockbox. Kitchenette has a small sink, microwave, and a small fridge that was mostly full with the mini-bar items. Bathroom is very nicely done. For Americans used to our typical hotel accoutrements, no hotel of the four we stayed in in Uruguay had an iron and ironing board, though they all had bidets. Different priorities. There was a small table with some upright (not for lounging) chairs. The room was kept clean and was in very good condition. Also the only room we had in Uruguay that had an alarm clock. A large window with electric screens (one for shade and one that blocked out most all the light) looked out the front of the hotel onto the busy one-way street. There's a lot of bus traffic on this street, so if that kind of thing bothers you, you may want to ask for the back of the building, where I don't think the view is as nice (apartmentbuildings). I tuned out the noise easily, my wife not so much. Breakfast was a nice selection, and high quality. Onsite parking is three pretty tight spaces in the basement down a steep narrow ramp, but it worked for us. I believe they also have other parking options nearby if the basement is full. The best thing about this place is the very friendly and helpful staff. My Spanish is only rudimentary, but their English was decent to excellent. I asked many questions about the hotel or Uruguay in general, and they always took the time to help me out with a smile. Recommended restaurants within a short walk: La Otra and Si Misanto

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple