All reviews a great place to meet nice patio the main bus station noisy at night clean rooms a great stay would stay here again old town hostel lockers sheets facilities computers mvd
Reviewed 21 September 2016

They claim the have hotel standards. However, our room had no windows at all and felt like a prison. The door didn't lock properly. The place was incredibly loud. At the reception desk they kept loud music all the time, including by night. Music went on at least till 3am, and so did the general noise. They claim they have laundry service, but once you arrive there, they will explain you that you can wash your stuff by hand and hang it upstairs to dry. Desk is friendly but not professional at all. For a few dollars per night more, you get a much better room in a nice hotel nearby. At El Viajero the only thing with hotel standards is the price.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Everything was great including the breaky, only thing lacking was the atmosphere. Possibly due to the fact it appeared there were a lot of long stay/workers living there, I'm not too sure. Otherwise great hostel in the heart of Downtown Montevideo close to most attractions. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becky E
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a night at the end of July. Mostly everything was fine, very helpful staff who spoke Spanish to me to help me practise (even though their English was far better!) and a good breakfast. The only thing I'd say is the rooms aren't ideal - in mine (11 I think) I didn't have a proper locker as the person sharing my bunk could get to my locker even if it was padlocked, and the rooms were cold: lacking both good insulation and heating, a sheet and blanket in mid-winter wasn't really sufficient.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

I loved the place! It's beautiful, very good location, great people,awesome receptionist, delicious BBQ and cool bar and party at night! The price is reasonable, complete breakfast, nothing I could complain about! Thank you El Viajero for the incredible experience!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Li I
Reviewed 27 June 2016

I was actually here during the World Cup June 28th to July 3rd ofl 2014. I'm starting to use my TripAdvisor acct, so I selected the date from last year. I arrived here very late at night and the reception was nice enough to let me stay and pay for my stay the next morning since I didn't have cash on hand. The rooms were great! I stayed in a 6 bed dorm, the sheets, blankets and pillows were clean and they had a towel I could rent for $1. There are Bikes for rent and tours you can look look through to see the city. Reception is excellent and very helpful. Almost all the employees spoke pretty reasonable English and some did so very well. The hostel is a short walk from the rest of downtown Montevideo or the ocean which provides a atmosphere for awesome bike ride around the edge of the city! I'll stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo