See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2018

This hotel is a gem. Excellent location across the street from one of Montevideo's trendiest malls. Many options to eat out within 2 blocks, heated pool in 15th floor, two bars with excellent bartenders and the staff deserves a special recognition for going out of the way to make sure you feel awesome. Definitively recommended.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LHVM
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Aloft for a couple of days, it’s a new hotel, nice rooms and nice personnel. Seems to me like the are testing a new concept with loud music with DJ in reception/bar.
Will say it is a good choice and value for €a$h

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sindre S
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I spend two nights at the Aloft during a family getaway to Montevideo. I was worried about all the negative reviews, but we had a pleasant stay.
The location is great, close to the river and across the street from the Punta Carretas mall. It's also surrounded by restaurants and cafés, so it's really convenient. Other attractions are easily accesible by car or Uber (Ciudad Vieja, Carrasco, etc.).
The rooms were on the smaller side, but comfortable. I hadn't stayed at an Aloft before, but I liked the decor. The bathroom was big enough and the beds were comfortable. My room, on the 9th floor, had nice city and river views.
Service was not outstanding but we had a positive experience overall during check in and check out. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel since it wasn't included in my reservation.
The hotels' parking is not open yet and the one next door is very expensive for South American standards, so if you go there by car it's probably better to find another alternative (street parking seems safe enough).
All in all, I'd definitely stay at the Aloft again if I get a room for the right price.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank FrequentFlier802746
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Arriving at Aloft Montevideo, we saw a nice staff, modern building, and a clean room. However, what we thought would be a peaceful stay with a welcoming staff changed very quickly. We originally asked for a late check out, upon arrival. (Check out is 12 pm, we asked to extend it to at least 2 pm due to our flight not being until 6pm) - originally they said this should not be a problem and that we would just need to confirm the same day. We also inquired about the breakfast which they are charging $17 per person for - they said it would be large and extensive breakfast with a variety of options. This is when things started to go wrong, with the room, as well as staff promises.

1) The temperature in the room was very unstable - we kept having to change the AC/Heater settings every 30 mins we were in the room

2) The temperature of the shower was terrible - it would be scalding hot, and then cold, and then hot, and then cold, without even trying to adjust it. There was no stable water temperature. It made showering a nightmare.

3) The bed was short in length, my husband who is just under 6 feet, had his feet dangling out when he was sleeping.

4) The breakfast option was not good at all - there were very few options, and most of them were just sweets and pastries.

5) This is, in my opinion, the main reason I would never stay at Aloft or suggest it to any of my friends/family or even acquaintance. The day of our check out, I called downstairs in order to confirm the late check out. They replied to me saying no, this is not possible and that the hotel is completely reserved for that day. This was a bit odd to me, considering after a few days in the hotel, it's obvious it wasn't really so busy. So, I go online, and I try to book essentially the same type of room I had, low and behold, any website I went to, had Aloft Montevideo as an option, with a plethora of room options available for that day. So strange, considering they said it was completely booked? I called again, and told this to the front desk person, who then got very agitated, and said, "Fine we can give you another 30 mins" - but I asked her to address my concern, at this point it felt like the hotel was lying to me? She hung up on me. We ended up checking out at noon anyways and hanging around the lobby until about 2:30pm, which during this time, we also saw no one come to check in or arrive at the hotel. It's really disgusting behavior when the staff is lying about a couple hours, and for what reason? I have no idea.

Aloft Montevideo just seemed like they were trying to be impressive and "hip" and try to attract millennials. As a millennial - I would suggest anyone visiting Montevideo to find another hotel with better services and amenities - or at least a nicer staff.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank finjan
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Its a very simple hotel, with the premise of being more affordable than its big sheraton brother, but this comes at a price. Dont expect that somebody comes to help you carry your luggage when you arrive, you have to take the bell boy roll from the beggining, that actually its not that bad if you dont like from your arrival to start giving money becasuse they are helping you out. You have a nice pool table but dont put your drink like you would in a pool place because it shows no class, weird when all the personal dress like hipsters, so be ready to be illogical at some moments, the breakfast buffet its acceptable and they have nice meal menu, but not in the week end. So if you are looking for a nice hotel in front of a mall and a little more affordable than the sheraton, give the aloft a chance.

Date of stay: January 2018