“The Best Meal in Peru!”
Review of Killa Wasi

Killa Wasi
Ranked #14 of 95 Restaurants in Urubamba
Reviewed 30 April 2018

My son and I had lunch here while waiting for a 2pm tour. We're glad we had the time, because we enjoyed the most wonderful ceviche lunch that I have ever had.

My son ordered fried calamari with Tiger's Milk, and we were thrilled that the Tiger's Milk was a full serving of trout ceviche, presented elegantly in a martini glass and topped with the traditional onion salad.

I ordered a Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche that far exceeded my expectations.

The chef stopped by during the meal and we requested spoons and a chili sauce which they promptly brought along with more bread, so that we could enjoy all the delicious sauces.

Their beer selection topped off the lunch and my son had espresso. A very nice lunch for the two of us, one we are sad we didn't share with the rest of the family - they just had to listen to our stories about what they had missed!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Amazing innovative food at this lovely restaurant. Try the quinoa falafel, delicious. Guinea pig was a tad too strong for me, but everything else, superb. Good wine list and great service.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Once we found the place, doesn’t show up as Killa Wasi on google maps, look for sol y Luna...

Let the guy at the gate know you want to eat at the restaurant.

The service was great! The food awesome. Good beer selection too. Nice touch with the extra appie and desert.

I had the mushroom chicken ravioli in beef consume appie, very refreshing. The trout with rice and aji as the main. So good. Finished with truffle desert and andian peppermint tea.

Worth he adventure to get here !

SolyLunaRC, Gerente at Killa Wasi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Mrs. Sharon,

We are so proud of the good comments about your recent experience in Killawasi. Thank you for sharing them with all the TA community.

We hope to delight you again in a near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

The service was impeccable and the presentation of the dinner excellent. Peruvian food is generally not very spicy and rather starchy which is not the restaurant's fault... I would have preferred more highly seasoned food and the chef was amenable to accommodating my taste. We chose to eat here twice.

The meal has extras, such as an 'amuse bouche' before the meal and a couple of 'petits fours' at the end. Don't be afraid to be bold and try Peruvian delicacies, such as Guinea Pig, Llama, Pulpo [octopus],Trout [not the American variety] or any other seafood.

I would definitely chose this 'Relais Chateaux' restaurant again.

SolyLunaRC, Gerente at Killa Wasi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all us here, thank you very much for sharing such a kind review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the food and and the service in this Relais & Chateaux in the heart of the Sacred Valley.

We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Had supper here tonight and the food was exquisite. Each dish was well prepared and so tasty. Had mushroom consume with chicken dumplings (small and delicate). Main course was pumpkin lasagna, made with local squash and cheese. Wine selection very large and ask for recommendations. Service was prompt and efficient and personal. Head waiter and restaurant manager stopped by to check on service and food and to chat. Got wine suggestions for future. Would definitely return.

SolyLunaRC, Gerente at Killa Wasi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our Killwawasi restaurant.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your dinner, thanks to the professionalism and dedication of our teams and the gastronomy of our Chef Nacho.

We look forward to welcoming you back to make you discover other dishes.