“DON'T MISS IT”

Cusco for You Salineras Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Staying at the Ranch. Reconnect with mother earth, family, friends and serenity. At Salineras Ranch, the personal touch and hospitality by tradition is carefully blended with the quality of a fine personalized service. The true family welcomes you to the ranch. We have the right horse for every guest from beginners to advanced riders. We also offer other activities in the Sacred Valley such as trekking tours, mountain biking tours and hiking, or photography, cooking, nutrition, coffee, tea and chocolate workshops. We even help you too to organize tours to renowned places around The Ranch such as Machu Picchu, Ollantaytambo, Pisaq, Chinchero, Maras, Moray or off course The Salt Mines.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 July 2010

This company was reccomended by our hotel, I checked some of the opinions people left in this webpage and decided to go for it and I'm glad I did. It was an AMAZING experience, riding horses for 5 hours around the Inca sacred valley, a once in a life thing. They take you to visit some ruins and towns all by horse...like in the old times. Pablo was extremely nice and was a great companion in this adventure, Adraina was really sweet too and the horses are great! It is a bit tiring but you finish in a nice restaurant called wanca wasi, and there you can have all the chicken or vegies you can eat, or a huge piece of steak. A great ending for such an unforgettable journey. And if your bum feels sored after 5 hours on the horsies, I recommend a massage in the local spa!

All reviews
"long ride"
"farm to table"
"night stay"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"

Reviewed 10 June 2010

Adrianna and Neilo took my son and i for a delightful ride through some beautiful country. We visited the salt flats and a few small towns. We finished at an inca ruin. The horses were spirited and obviously well cared for. They provided one of the greatest stretch gallops i have ever experienced. It sure beats traveling on the buses.

Reviewed 9 June 2010

It gives me great pleasure to write this review, because even after a month of being back from Peru, this day remains firmly in my mind and is likely to remain one the highlights of our trip.
Cusco For You offers wonderful trips to the various Inka sites in the area. We chose the day visit to the Pumahuanca Valley, which included a picnic lunch. The first thing that made this trip special was the fact that it was just the two of us and Adrianna. What a pleasure to be spoilt with a genuine, personal tour of the region, by someone who has a great love for the area (too many of the tours we came across involved bundling as many tourists as possible into one excursion and giving them the same-old travel guide version of information).
However Adrianna's interest and passion for the Sacred Valley comes second to her interest and love for her horses. Each one of her horses are treated with gentleness and respect, which results in each one her rides being comfortable and safe with out nappy, grumpy or sore horses.
Cusco for You is also very much involved in providing a sustainable tourism option to travelers looking for something special.
Sadly our trip to the valley was cut short by a rockslide which prevented us from going any further along the path and it looked like our day would be cut short. It wasn't to be, before we had even settled down to lunch, Adrianna had come up with a working solution to the problem. Instead of continuing our outride we would head back to her ranch (through the local village - which was an added experience) and have the opportunity to watch a Peruvian Peso display (she has a number of Peruvian Pesos on her ranch). She even granted us the opportunity to ride one her horses, as an avid lover of horses and riding - this for me was a once in a life time experience.
The picnic lunch was a great treat (and quite possibly one of the best meals we had in Peru), cooked to perfection on the side of a river and complemented with a specially chosen wine, it was a chance for my husband and I to really enjoy some down time and take in our beautiful surroundings.
In so many ways this was a near perfect day, Adrianna was generous, kind, interested and all heart, she didn't try and be a tour guide and we enjoyed conversations about so many different aspects of Peru and South Africa. It felt as if we were sharing a day with a friend.

Reviewed 27 May 2010

We had such an amazing ride with Adrianna. AMAZING with no exaggeration! And I feel this way despite the fact that I was sick the entire day from a stomach bug (damn ice in the pisco sour the night before). I love horses and as avid travelers I search out a riding tour nearly every trip so I feel like I have some creditability in judging horseback tours. For me this was by far the best horseback riding tour we have ever done. We rode through the Pumahuanca valley on the private tour/picnic for two. The scenery was nothing a picture would do justice, the horses were obviously well cared for and in great health, and Adrianna is an excellent host and guide for the day. The picnic prepared was top notch. I still cannot believe the guys packed in all the equipment to make such a great lunch. Feel free to contact me with any questions. This was a tour I will remember for a very long time and was worth every penny.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I went horse-riding with the lovely Adriana from "Cusco for you" on Monday May 4th 2010 and had one of the most memorable experiences of my stay in Peru. Now that I am leaving Peru, my top two experiences here have been riding through the Sacred Valley with Adriana, and Day 3 of the Inca Trail. So that is to say I was very impressed with "Cusco for you".

When you come to a place with as much history and natural beauty as the Sacred Valley, you will want to experience it in a natural way. Getting bus tours, etc, just does not do justice to this amazing land. That´s why I wanted a more natural way to enjoy the beauty of the Valley.

I did the Moray-Maras-Salineras trip, which is an all-day experience. Adriana first walked me through Moray, explaining the history of this archeological site in her excellent English. And straight away I knew this was going to be a brilliant day, because Adriana does not act like a tour guide giving you historical bullet points. She is from the area and knows everything about the area, so she is basically talking about the place she is from -- it´s a much more natural experience and you don´t feel like you´re "on a tour".

Next, we started the horse-ride through the Sacred Valley. I am a beginner when it comes to horses, which I´d told Adriana before the trip, but the horse she gave me (Matador) was gentle and a pleasure to ride. We rode through the most amazing country I´ve seen in a long while -- really open terrain with beautiful mountains in the background. I really began to just relax and lose myself in this serene and beautiful land. We arrived at the old town of Maras and trekked the horses through the quiet, cobblestoned streets. There, we took a break and ate a nice lunch Adriana had brought with her. Afterwards, Adriana showed me the very old church in the town.

From there, we rode to the salt pans at Salineras. Riding to Salineras on the gentle Matador, the scenery was again breathtaking with barley fields all around and snow-capped mountains in the background, and I felt truly alive and in touch with nature. Adriana showed me around the salt pans, which are definitely something to see. Finally, we rode on along a spectacular pass above a river until the end of the trek where I was picked up by taxi (included in the tour) and brought to my hotel in Urubamba.

It was one of those days I will think back on happily for years to come. I didn´t come to the Sacred Valley to be herded from site to site in a crowded tourist bus. I came to actually get a sense of the Valley, and I definitely did with Adriana. She is a unique person and I thoroughly enjoyed her company. She lives her life to be in touch with and respect nature, and this comes through in the way she talks, and also in the way she trains and treats her beautiful, gentle step-horses.

I had such a good time that, at late notice, I asked Adriana if she was available for anything the following day. She was bringing a couple horse-riding in the afternoon, but she kindly brought me hiking to the Pumahuanca Valley (in the Sacred Valley) the next morning. She usually does this trip by horse, but since we only had a few hours in the morning (as I had only requested it at short notice), we walked it instead. It´s a beautiful valley, with streams and Inca ruins along the way, and a local village at the end of the valley. This was another great day. If you have only one day to spare, I would highly, highly recommend the Moray-Maras-Salineras trip. If you have another day free in your itinerary to do something in the Sacred Valley, I would then also highly recommend the Pumahuanca trip (even though I hiked it, I think it would be even better by horse).

So there you have it. I´m so happy I didn´t do the touristy thing in the Sacred Valley and did this instead. Adriana is wonderful and will do everything to help you during your stay. Indeed, she actually reserved for me a lovely, peaceful hotel in Urubamba, as I decided at late notice to stay in Urubamba for a night. She rang around and got back to me a few hours later with some hotel options, and the one I picked was excellent. So, if you are going to go horse-riding with Adriana, get in touch with her through the "cusco for you" email maybe, and she can help you out if you need anything. She is a great person who believes in taking care of the people she is bringing horse-trekking -- she certainly made an impression on me.

One thing -- if you are going horse-trekking with Cusco for you, it´s better to be staying in Urubamba. I was staying in Cusco the night before my first trip, so I had to get up early to get from Cusco to Urubamba to meet Adriana. Better to be based in Urubamba when you´re doing this. You can still do it if you´re in Cusco, but just easier if you´re staying in Urubamba.

Okay, that´s all. I hardly ever write TripAdvisor reviews, but I felt so alive during this trip that I felt I had to let people know what a remarkable experience it is.