Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Parker M
Seattle, Washington

The Best...

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 May 2024
Full disclosure: this was our fourth visit to an Explora property, and we are obviously big fans of the model. Having said that, our stay at Explora Valle Sagrado was simply the best hospitality experience we've ever had. We stayed for six nights with the goal of acclimating for the four-day Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu, while visiting the Valle Sagrado at a relaxed pace. We worked with the guides to walk at a higher altitude each day, with each hike including one or more cultural or archeological sites. The food is out of this world - thoughtfully curated by Virgilio Martinez and executed by Santiago, the talented chef, the menu is a very important part of the adventure. The staff are professional and friendly. The bartenders are loads of fun. The guides are brilliant. We were very, very well cared for.
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Explora Team, Otro at Explora en Valle Sagrado, responded to this review
Responded 21 May 2024
Dear Parker,

We greatly appreciate your feedback! It's wonderful to see that you've highlighted the significant contribution of our team, as they are an essential part of our company. Every detail in our lodge and service is designed and conceived for travelers to feel comfortable and relax, either as they enjoy the facilities or go out to explore.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back!

AU$204
Bar/Lounge
    AU$260
15.1 km from Explora en Valle Sagrado
View more hotels in Urubamba
All reviews virgilio martinez sacred valley machu picchu daily activities a wonderful stay explorer exploration excursions culture hike treks spa peru overland luxury mountains altitude
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 May 2024

Explora lodges focus on hiking and biking with local guides, architectural beauty set within natural beauty, locally sourced foods, and conservation-minded. It’s hard to leave…we’ll be back

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Explora Team, Otro at Explora en Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2024

Dear Kathry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to hear that you had a memorable stay at our lodge in Sacred Valley.

Reviewed 17 April 2024

My husband and I stayed at the Explora in Sacred Valley for five nights in April. It could not have been more wonderful. We did a different hike each day and spent one day in Machu Picchu. The staff is outstanding. The guides were knowledgeable, fun to be with and very caring. We hiked with Desire, Chio and JJ…each had a different style and we loved being with each of them. The dining staff was also wonderful as were the drivers. Explora seems to think of your every need from a waterproof pack filled with a few necessities for the hikes, snacks to add to your backpacks before each hike and filling you in on what to wear and bring when you arrange your hike the night before. I had a small medical issue and the reception desk could not have been more kind and caring (thank you, Alessandra). The setting is beautiful, the rooms are very comfortable and the food is delicious. We are sadly leaving this special spot and have plans to go on another Explora vacation very soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Explora Team, Otro at Explora en Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2024

Dear Julieh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to hear that you had a memorable stay at our lodge in Sacred Valley!

Reviewed 8 April 2024 via mobile

This is a very beautiful property and the pictures from management are accurate. The rooms are large ( I had a standard room) aesthetic and the bed extremely comfortable, with nice sheets, great mattress and pillows and windows overlooking the property with plenty of fresh air. The staff is very attentive and some of the guides outstanding. Special shout out to Lucy, Luis and Edith who made my stay and explorations a truly remarkable experience.

To me, the downsides were mainly logistical, and can be overcome with clear advance communication. You really need to make sure the excursions you end up doing are what you want to do, esp in busier season when you join others on those tours. Some guides can be more knowledgeable than others, too. My experience manager and guides above were willing to modify the program a bit to suit my interests but it definitely took effort because the brand overall seems a bit rigid, and is managed out of Chile. It’s good to ask questions in advance and clarify the itinerary etc so that you don’t feel like you’ve lost a day or two doing things you weren’t interested in, as some fellow guests explained to me they did.
Same goes for the food- my last dinner was truly outstanding because I explained to the waiter what I liked and they suggested dishes and wine pairing a that were perfect. My waiter Boris of course was a true professional.

Room tip: Make sure the excursions you want to do and the pace are indeed act on offer ahead of time
Trip type: Travelled solo
Explora Team, Otro at Explora en Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2024

Dear Sophia,

Thank you so much for choosing us to explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas and for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor! Your feedback is genuinely valued as it significantly contributes to our ongoing efforts for improvement.

Reviewed 31 March 2024

Literally one of the best experiences, and yes it’s partly the beauty of Peru and places like Macchu Picchu but also because they were exceptional at taking care of us. Literally all your needs are met…you can be at any level for hiking the Andes, with many options…I highly recommend Explora.

Room tip: Take all the necessary preparations for the altitude so you can enjoy yourselves.
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thank Stephanie Saras... M

Dear Alan,

Thanks for choosing us to explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas! We are very pleased to read such a wonderful review of your experience with us on TripAdvisor!

We hope to welcome you back for another unforgettable journey, whether it's exploring the breathtaking landscapes of Torres del Paine or Atacama in Chile.

Reviewed 31 March 2024

The best of the best for active luxury. Explora en Valle Sagrado was even better than the last Explora I stayed in in Chile. Worth the price in every way for fantastic, personalized service and the opportunity to see a highly touristed destination in a different way.
Pros-
Exceptional level of service-every staff member greeted me, many by name and seemed truly interested in how my excursions were and getting to know me personally; went out of there way to ensure I could do a half day excursion on my final day; bar staff and servers at restaurant were engaging and enjoyed sharing how you make certain cocktails, how you liked the food, etc.
Location-far enough away from the city to be special and quiet (still get to experience the local village life) but close enough most excursions are a 50-90 minute drive away
Top notch food including many vegetarian options; most staff was aware of this and made sure to point out those choices; even the picnic lunches were high-end with real silverware, soup, cookies, etc.
Unique and truly expectational excursions-guides were outstanding and I was able to experience both the commonly visited sites like Machu Picchu or Ollytambo as well as remote destinations where we didn't see one person in hiking over 10 hours; the level of planning by staff was perfect to ensure I could see what I wanted/challenge myself and ensure a seamless day at Machu Picchu
Facilities-the spa facilities were outstanding and surrounded by gorgeous gardens. I loved the hot tub (there are two but one wasn't open), pool area with self-service bar (pool wasn't heated so I didn't swim but used the area around it), steam room, relaxation areas and I had a true deep tissue massage that was one of the best I've had
Rooms-spacious and light filled with just the right amenities such as a jetted tub, turndown service with chocolates, plush king bed and a waterproof bag to take on excursions; quiet-just the birds in the morning
Great value for what you get- which was everything except the massage!

Cons:
Service did slow down when restaurant was busy so I had a drink forgotten one night and wasn't able to order as much coffee as I wanted one morning
As an avid coffee drinker I would love coffee (instant or the ones in tea bags) in the room
At the last Explora the waterproof bag had Band-Aids, a blister pack and Kleenex provided-this would be a great amenity to add

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear TravelgirlMontana,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to hear that you had a memorable stay at our lodges before.