Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sophia M

Beautiful property

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Apr 2024via mobile
This is a very beautiful property and the pictures from management are accurate. The rooms are large ( I had a standard room) aesthetic and the bed extremely comfortable, with nice sheets, great mattress and pillows and windows overlooking the property with plenty of fresh air. The staff is very attentive and some of the guides outstanding. Special shout out to Lucy, Luis and Edith who made my stay and explorations a truly remarkable experience.

To me, the downsides were mainly logistical, and can be overcome with clear advance communication. You really need to make sure the excursions you end up doing are what you want to do, esp in busier season when you join others on those tours. Some guides can be more knowledgeable than others, too. My experience manager and guides above were willing to modify the program a bit to suit my interests but it definitely took effort because the brand overall seems a bit rigid, and is managed out of Chile. It’s good to ask questions in advance and clarify the itinerary etc so that you don’t feel like you’ve lost a day or two doing things you weren’t interested in, as some fellow guests explained to me they did.
Same goes for the food- my last dinner was truly outstanding because I explained to the waiter what I liked and they suggested dishes and wine pairing a that were perfect. My waiter Boris of course was a true professional.
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: Make sure the excursions you want to do and the pace are indeed act on offer ahead of time
Trip type: Travelled solo
Explora Team, Otro at Explora en Valle Sagrado, responded to this review
Responded 16 Apr 2024
Dear Sophia,

Thank you so much for choosing us to explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas and for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor! Your feedback is genuinely valued as it significantly contributes to our ongoing efforts for improvement.

AU$252
  • Official Site
    AU$82
7.1 km from Explora en Valle Sagrado
View more hotels in Urubamba
All reviews virgilio martinez sacred valley machu picchu daily activities a wonderful stay explorer exploration excursions culture hike treks spa peru overland luxury mountains altitude
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2024

Literally one of the best experiences, and yes it’s partly the beauty of Peru and places like Macchu Picchu but also because they were exceptional at taking care of us. Literally all your needs are met…you can be at any level for hiking the Andes, with many options…I highly recommend Explora.

Room tip: Take all the necessary preparations for the altitude so you can enjoy yourselves.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thank Stephanie Saras... M
Explora Team, Otro at Explora en Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2024

Dear Alan,

Thanks for choosing us to explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas! We are very pleased to read such a wonderful review of your experience with us on TripAdvisor!

We hope to welcome you back for another unforgettable journey, whether it's exploring the breathtaking landscapes of Torres del Paine or Atacama in Chile.

Reviewed 31 March 2024

The best of the best for active luxury. Explora en Valle Sagrado was even better than the last Explora I stayed in in Chile. Worth the price in every way for fantastic, personalized service and the opportunity to see a highly touristed destination in a different way.
Pros-
Exceptional level of service-every staff member greeted me, many by name and seemed truly interested in how my excursions were and getting to know me personally; went out of there way to ensure I could do a half day excursion on my final day; bar staff and servers at restaurant were engaging and enjoyed sharing how you make certain cocktails, how you liked the food, etc.
Location-far enough away from the city to be special and quiet (still get to experience the local village life) but close enough most excursions are a 50-90 minute drive away
Top notch food including many vegetarian options; most staff was aware of this and made sure to point out those choices; even the picnic lunches were high-end with real silverware, soup, cookies, etc.
Unique and truly expectational excursions-guides were outstanding and I was able to experience both the commonly visited sites like Machu Picchu or Ollytambo as well as remote destinations where we didn't see one person in hiking over 10 hours; the level of planning by staff was perfect to ensure I could see what I wanted/challenge myself and ensure a seamless day at Machu Picchu
Facilities-the spa facilities were outstanding and surrounded by gorgeous gardens. I loved the hot tub (there are two but one wasn't open), pool area with self-service bar (pool wasn't heated so I didn't swim but used the area around it), steam room, relaxation areas and I had a true deep tissue massage that was one of the best I've had
Rooms-spacious and light filled with just the right amenities such as a jetted tub, turndown service with chocolates, plush king bed and a waterproof bag to take on excursions; quiet-just the birds in the morning
Great value for what you get- which was everything except the massage!

Cons:
Service did slow down when restaurant was busy so I had a drink forgotten one night and wasn't able to order as much coffee as I wanted one morning
As an avid coffee drinker I would love coffee (instant or the ones in tea bags) in the room
At the last Explora the waterproof bag had Band-Aids, a blister pack and Kleenex provided-this would be a great amenity to add

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear TravelgirlMontana,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to hear that you had a memorable stay at our lodges before.

Reviewed 28 March 2024 via mobile

This stay was transformational! Our highest hopes and expectations for a travel experience have been completely reset. All facets of our stay were extraordinary. Staff, facility, culinary, culture, comfort, personalization. Everything. People always say ‘we were treated like family’ as the highest accolade. We were treated like the family you want to visit and who long to host you!

Room tip: Go at the change from the rainy season to the dry season if you can. Enjoy the sites without the hoards.
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DoradoDuke
Explora Team, Otro at Explora en Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2024

Dear DoradoDuke,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to hear that you had a memorable stay at our lodge in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.

Reviewed 17 March 2024

I have nothing but EXCEPTIONAL things to say about my stay in the Explora lodge and with the Exlora tour company. The accommodations were first rate, top-of-the-line. The service and staff make you feel like family and treat you with the utmost respect, regard and professionalism at all times and accommodate any request you have. The Guides are knowledgeable and talented, the excursions are outstanding- with visits to remote and jawdropping areas. From start to finish, I could not have asked for a more beautiful experience and high quality accommodations, foods. The menu and restaurant is totally suitable and exceptional for vegetarians as well. The drinks are artfully designed. All needs are anticipated. Could not recommend more highly! Thank you Explora! They truly care for their guests and want to make sure you walk away from Sacred Valley with an in-depth appreciation for the historical value and majesty it has to offer.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Explora Team, Otro at Explora en Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2024

Dear Nik,

Reviewed 22 February 2024

We had an amazing stay at Explore en VALLE SAGRADO. This was our third experience with Explora and we really enjoyed our time. Our guide, Juan Jose, for the four days we visited, was amazing and knowledgeable about the area. We had a great time with him. All the staff was very accommodating. Rooms were very nice with an amazing view of the valley.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Explora Team, Otro at Explora en Valle Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2024

Dear Kristina,