“All has been said so here is my Acrostic Poem for The Green House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sacred Valley
The Green House Peru
Ranked #1 of 190 Sacred Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 October 2010

The Green House beyond description
Heaven here on earth in all it's simplicity
Each moment spent a treasure ion ones memory

Guests become family as the gate is opened
Refreshing in its peace and tranquility
Enthralling in its beauty blending with nature
Exquisite blossoms to gaze at in the garden grounds
Nourishing with Bryan's breakfasts and Gabriel's generous dinners

Happy with the tail wags from Jana, Paco and Lika
Outstanding in ways too many to count
Unbelievable setting amongst mountains so grand
Special in the love and care it radiates
Escape to this place you will never forget

Marilyn Crang, Truckee California

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Things I love about this place:
• Great surrounding, and a waterfall nearby
• Lovely surrounding, the view at night and in the morning is the best.
• Great breakfast
• 3 Course Dinner, I highly recommend it! (Optional)
• Loving pups (Laika, Paco, & Janna), I love dogs even more after meeting them
• The best hosts (Bryan, Gabriel, & the girls). So helpful and welcoming.
• The activities, if you're up for adventure try them all (treks, horseback riding, mountain biking, ferrata + ziplines, and more). These were the highlight of my trips.
• The architecture and the attention to details, is superb.
• Most of all, the other visitors you'll meet are the friendliest and they all have wonderful stories.

I think this is the perfect place for a honeymoon. Thanks for everything guys, this is so far the best place I've stayed in all of my travels.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2010

This was without a doubt one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed. The owners couldn't have been friendlier, the food was delicious, my room was beautiful, and the setting is breathtaking. Even the owners' dogs were wonderful hosts! I really cannot say enough good things about my experience---plus it was really affordable.

The only thing people should know is that it's a little isolated. It's a great place to relax, go on hikes, read books, and spend time with friends. It's not the place to stay if you want to be in a town or go out at night.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2010

My husband and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary with a trip to Peru, and while Machu Picchu left us pinching ourselves for being so awe-inspiring, so did our visit to the Green House. I say 'visit' rather than 'stay' because that's how Bryan and Gabriel make you feel: Like visitors to their home (one of the most beautiful, restful, inviting, and welcoming homes you'll ever encounter).

The views, the food, the restful pace, the company of hosts both human and canine, the fascinating fellow travelers who come through their door -- all of it blends into what was, for my husband and me, the most incredible lodging experience we've ever had.

Though we would have liked to stay longer, I was grateful for the foresight to book at least 5 days. One day was perfect for a hike to the local waterfall, another for a visit to Pisac, a third for the town and ruins of Ollantaytambo, and a fourth for either catching the local salt mines, taking a combi bus to nearby Urubamba for a true slice of how local Peruvians live, or just enjoying the hammock on the grounds of the Green House, Don't miss a single night of Gabriel's culinary skills at dinner, and do yourself the favor of an early-morning meditation with Bryan. And don't forget to look up at the night sky before heading to bed: More stars than you've ever seen in your life, I guarantee.

We used the Green House as a base for our 1-day hike to Machu Picchu, which was a perfect approach. We had two nights before we left and a nice safe place to stow our luggage while trekking. After staying overnight in Aguas Calientes and spending the following day at Machu Picchu, we returned to the Green House for an additional two days, thrilled to have familiar faces with whom to share our impressions of such a breathtaking wonder of the world, not to mention some welcome R&R after the trek.

We're back home now just over a week, and on those frequent moments we find ourselves aching to be back in Peru, it's the Green House we find ourselves thinking about.

This is an absolute gem in the Sacred Valley and a must for travelers headed to Machu Picchu. Thanks to Bryan, Gabriel, and sweet pups Laika, Yonna, and Paco for such a memorable visit!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We booked to stay at the Green house after seeing all the rave reviews on trip advisor. To be honest I was a bit sceptical, I mean how could somewhere be *that* good? After spending 4 blissful nights there I now know why they have recieved nothing but top marks.

The guesthouse itself is beautiful, rooms are top notch with amazing showers and a gigantic bed. The garden is a little slice of paradise ( complete with vivid coloured flowers, big butterflies and humming birds). The village where the Green house resides is perfect for exploring the sacred valley, and is small friendly and very traditional.

I have to mention the food which was absolutely delicious. A 3 course meal cooked fresh every night. Sometimes we had Peruvian dishes sometimes Italian but all of it was absolutely out of this world - I have never tasted chocolate brownies quite like it!!

Last but not least the owners Bryan and Gabrielle (and their 3 gorgeous dogs) were the kindest people you could meet, they made us feel at home, chatted to us for hours, gave us tips and were just lovely during our stay.

We are sure to be back soon!
Sarah and Ian