“Very nice setting , impressive !”

San Ceferino Restaurante
Ranked #97 of 3,143 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Isidro
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Italian / Peruvian with an endless menu.
The duck wasn't really extraordinary but in general food was good. Service was good. Not too pricy.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I was warned this place is expensive but maybe the food would be exceptional. However the food was some of the worst I've had in Lima. I ordered an Angus steak, rare. It came rare, but it was hard to believe it was Angus. Very chewy and approx 1/4 was fat I could not eat. The papas fritas are frozen and low quality crinkle cut, a travesty in the land of the potato. The salad was a strange mix of tasteless rubbery cheese, corn, tomato and leaves, plus a few (approx 4) slices of avocado. My partner ordered a pepperoni pizza which was ok, just ok. The wine list was average and expensive. I ordered a malbec for 150 soles, it was ok but quite average and I would not buy again considering I've had much much better for half that price. The restaurant itself tries to be Italian but it felt like an eccentrics play room, with bottles of cheap whiskey hanging from the ceiling and some random posters of Italian models and Al Pacino. Very strange.

1  Thank Adam R
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We went for dinner a few days ago. The place was as nice as I remembered from years back. The food was excellent and so was the service

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Overpriced.
Poor wine list.
My fish was served with a small little bug... I had to grab waiter's napkinand kill the bug. No apologies from management.
Portions are huge. My guests' food looked ok. The fried calamari tasted ok.
Will not return.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

An incredible complete and huge table of fare. Seafood italian style, pasta dishes, wide variety of meats and also typical peruvian dishes. What a choice. Watch out, the portions are very generous indeed. Service is friendly and helpful. The decor is definately like a popular Tratoria in Italy. Maybe a bit overbearing. Food is between average to very good. We had 4 different dishes which were ample to share between 6 people. However we found thee place pricy evan a bit overpriced for Lima standads of this kind of eatery.

1  Thank picafloralpino