“Best stay ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Lima Peru
“Best stay ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

Awesome resort. You feel like your living in a house (room) in a small town. I paid $223 for a room and it was worth it just for all the free food, alcohol, drinks, and ativities. We were just planning to spend the day there but after seeing the resort, we checked in for a night.

The room inside was below par. The room had a small tv, hard bed, needed more linens, big nice towles, screens on windows, good water pressure with hot water, and I don't think the heater/AC works but I did not try to turn it on. No room is alike so I don't know if they have better rooms or not. I did notice that they had actual small houses with pools.

The rooms are set in a small town and you have the feel that each room(s) is a small house. Within the town are resturants, bars, disco, church, spa, and everything else you can imagine. The streets are stone so don't wear high heals. We enjoyed just walking through the town. We also rang the church bell. There are no bugs and moquitos because the resort is so clean and kept up, saw a bee, thats it.

The resturants vary from a BBQ shack to fine dinning. The food is the best I had in Lima and I live here, except the breakfast needed improvment. The menus don't have prices because all the food and drinks at the resort are free, everything. The beef was so good and tender that I asked the waiter where they purchased the beef and he said the beef is specially prepaired for the resort by a private farmer. For dinner, I ate two meals in the same sitting. Really good service.

During our stay, the hotel was deserted, there were only a few guest staying there which was nice. There must of been 50 employees working there so I don't understand how they make any money, maybe from the conventions.

Don't plan on having any visiters because the resort is only for guest. I think they had half day passes for $60 per person. Best to just stay for the night.

Many activities, all of them are free. This is what I remember,

Paintball (one session), small court
2 lane bowling alley (really bad shape and run down)
3 big clean swimming pools with wet bars, one pool has a water slide, lifeguards
Sauna
Aroamic steam room, must try
Massages (I did not get one)
Jacuzzi (water was luke warm)
Very good food in the afternoon and night, breakfast was below average (buffet)
Many reasturants
Small church
Gift shop (not free)
small petting zoo
Horses (the guy doesn't want you to run the horses or let you go out of his sight)
Small disco (was closed because no guest)
Karaokee (did not inquire)
Hiking with good views
Bicycles
Ping pong, pool, video games
Tennis courts, squash courts
Nice kids playground(s), small trampolines
'Very young kids' playhouse
Exercise room (big)
Aid station with nurse
meeting rooms, diferent sizes.
Wireless internet I was told

Will definately go back soon. Highly recommend. Best hotel stay ever.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Medeno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2010

So we just completed our second night at El Pueblo with 3 more to go, yes I am writing this review while sitting in the kitchen area in bungalow 102 / 103 after another night without a second of sleep. This is my third visit to Peru, my wife being from here, and I am aware Peruvians believe in seeking penance for some sin by sleeping on beds that for all intensive purposes cannot be called beds but slabs of stone. The one I currently have in El Pueblo is the single hardest bed I have ever slept in even rivalling the bathroom floor at the Hilton in Paracas where I spent the night with food poisoning (that review to follow). The food is bland here which knowing Peruvians and thier love of food suprises me, I cannot understand how they tollerate it. El Pueblo recently changed over to an all inclusive and because of this even if you have guests come in they must pay the full stay amount even if only for a few hours, personally I think there should be a "food charge" for those that may have a guest since many of those that visit Peru are here to visit family. The only redeeming feature of this hotel and by NO MEANS does this constitute a recommendation is the entertainment crew, they spend much time an energy trying to make an otherwise miserable time more enjoyable.
I cannot recommend this hotel to my worst enemy, steer clear if you at all can. They charge way too much money for so little. Spend you money at a 5 star in Mexico, they have learned over many years how to treat people and they are generally less expensive.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank Pansonsito
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

Alas because it was work I didn't get the chance to sample either of the two pools, but the food knocked me out. Breakfasts were of the generic hotel buffet variety, but lunches and dinners were truly out of this world. Not sure I ever had the same thing twice, which is quite a feat given five lunches and four dinners, all of which were buffet style. Even if I had, it would have been a sheer delight. The funicular railway to the top is a must - even if the guards kind of give you a hard time about it. I wish they had given me extra blankets - it got quite cool at night in late September, and there is no heat in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank olivetreecanada
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

We just spent two days and one night in El Pueblo and an we really liked it.
THere are a lot of options in the type of rooma they offer, we had a bungalow. THe website does not really do agood job of describing the types of rooms. This hotel is sort of a retreat - conference center for the most part. They are going to be going to an all inclusive plan in July so things could change a lot.
The place is very nice and the grounds are great. It could be packed with people in the Peruvian summer ...dec jan It is a god size property.
The rooms are rustic and that is the theme. We had a bbq grill and dishes and plates etc ' full kitchen. Not all rooms in the bungalow have this. FOr example we had five people and we really rented three rooms total. One master suite with a big living area, bar, kitchen, fireplace etc. We had two other rooms that kind of connected and these two rooms were just bedrooms with bathrooms, All sort of one bungalow but three seperate room numbers and locks etc.
The place offers a lot of activities such as bowling, suana, disco, and an animal farm.
They also have a nice gym. The best way to go is to rent a bungalow and bring your own food in. There is a Plaza Vea not too far away. The restaurants in the property are kind of expensive, For example a glass of O.J is almost 3 dollars. There is only really one restaurant and one cafe. They have a nice bakery wehre you can see inside but you really cant purchase something on a retail level. You have to go into the cafe and order it. It would be so nice if they had a little general store where they sold at retail or even a little more. But they dont have this.
They have rooms up on a second and third level. To get to these rooms you take a funicular. They wont let you just ride up there and take a look. We did get one guy to let us go up there but later another guy told us no, and the policy is to not let people go up there. There is also some bungalows that have there own pool. Some bungalows patio face the parking lot so it really depends on which unit you get as far as your experience goes. THis is a place that you almost need to go once an see it and then you know a lot more the second time. I know thats not possible but I just trying to explain.
It is a resort but more like a summer camp. THere are 3 pools and a nice water slide.
Again, I wish the website would show the map pf the property and everything.
Most of the people are from Lima but they get big conventions. I hope this helps. All in all we had a good time. THe people who worl here are very nice but in a typic peruvian style the front desk isnt really the best. For some reason a little bit of power seems to go to peoples heads. ALSO the best way to really book a room in my opnion is to call the hotel. Most peruvians love to call on the phone for everything and they seem to be set up for that. Keep in mind that all inclusinve could change a lot of things here.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank jimmyglen
Greensboro, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2008

Stayed here on business two nights in mid November. Arrived late and was driven in by a tractor to my room, which is the first time this has happened in my travels. My room was spartan at best but with a very musty smell. I would say all the fixtures are from the late 70s. The breakfast buffet was ok and the service was good. We ate in the restaurant one night and it was very good. Overall the staff was very friendly, they need to update the rooms a lot. Will have to stay again due to location of my business in Lima.

• Liked — food and service
  • Disliked — smell in the bedrooms
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)