“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 226 Hotels in Lima
Santiago, Chile
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I would have given this hotel an excellent but we did a packet deal and they put us on the second floor which has no view, unless you count the brick wall three quarters up the window, they also have a "bomba de agua" ( water pump) which woke us up a couple of nights because it was so loud. Everything else about this hotel is excellent, the staff are all very friendly and helpful, from the people who clean the rooms, to the guys outside who get you a taxi, waiters, receptionists, etc, etc. Breakfast was very good and the eggs got a different accompaniment every day. We would definitely use it again if we could guarntee a room higher up!

Room Tip: third floor upwards!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank judrich
Mariel_Owner, Manager at Mariel Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your wonderful comment, we are happy that you enjoy our service and location ,

Cristy Medri C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I was so skeptical at first about this hotel since I have been to Lima like many times since year 2006 to travel like every other week or month,..yes..A LOT!. And normally (most of times) pictures are not the same with the fact and I have learned a lot from my experiences in this city (especially 1 room to another room, most hotels you can barely hear over the wall and noisy but but not this one). I notice that you can get lower rate thru online web, and I ignore that option and just walk in, because I want to know in reality. First impression, the location is so great, across the hotel is The Art Market, for any souvenirs or collection you want, The Kennedy Park to Pizza Street and the choices of clubs are in your reach or hands, they are just surrounds you within walks distance. Amazed by the bell door and concierge, whom they are so helpful and very accomodating. And on top of it, they speak English!. Tell or ask them what you like or need, they will try their best for you. I am so picky with bathroom, wow...it's nice, from fresh and clean towel, hair dryer is there, the simple toiletries are so nice (I love that exfoliate lemon grass bar soap, I even run to their store to bring some for home). There is LCD TV in the room and also the safety box, and it's clean and not smelly, nice carpet. Wifi is free and you can easily use in your room which I love it. Please do not expect for spacious room, this is more Ibis or Novotel style kind a room from Accors Group. It's small elevator for 4people and it works perfectly fine, and you also have choices to walk from stairs if you like to. Now, talking about bed, I love that feather bed quilt, so comfy, and it has 2pillows(1soft and 1firm). The only thing for me that I need is softer bed not firm one, but my friend whom stay with me in the room, said that the bed is perfectly fine. (I guess is depending your sleep style). And the AC works pretty well and it's well maintained. The closet, you can pretty much put your suitcase also carry on and some hangers are available and extra blanket is available inside it, also in case you want to drop your laundry, they have the laundry bag too. Refrigerator is available in your room with some or limited drinks or snack choices. They have also internet, small bar and little comfy restaurant to eat on 2nd floor and FOOD IS EXCELLENT!!!. The transportation is average $25 one way (hotel to airport), with a nice driver and van. Definitely I will come back here and I will introduce this place to my coworker and my colleagues. I truly hope this property will maintain its service and value. This property is recommended or great for Solo Traveller, Family, Couples, for business or vacation and LGBT Friendly. Affordable!!!. Thank you for all you have done for me!! (Room 304).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mariel_Owner, Manager at Mariel Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 23 July 2014

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

For more than US $130 per night, I had expected something a little nicer.The best thing about the hotel was the airport pickup. We got picked up on time in a new and large van. Things went downhill from there. Once we arrived at the hotel, nobody offered to help us wit our bags. We had to carry our own bags and squeeze into a small elevator where the door had to be manually opened and closed. Our room was clean but it was the smallest hotel room that I have ever stayed in (with a width of less than 10 ft and a length not much more than that). The only place that we could sit was on the bed. I honestly don't understand why the reviews here have been so positive. Maybe we got a different room from others? Make sure how big your room is before you book it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank song4033
alflop007, Gerente at Mariel Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
We have a problem with this people. They start shouting everybody at front desk. Maybe they thought they booked a Marriot. I have to ask them to leave with no charge.
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Nestled away yet close to everything. Staff was courteous, helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. Breakfast was hot and on time everyday. Services for the hotel were very prompt. Doorman looked out for you and was sure to check every taxista. Very clean rooms, bathroom was immaculate. A nice welcome when arriving in Lima.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Booked direct & stayed 3 nights so got the free airport pickup. This was in nice new car with a good driver, perfect after a 12 hour flight. I agree with all the good comments from other reviews, nice clean rooms & bathrooms, great beds (though pillows a bit firm for me), reasonable buffet breakfast, staff all good & reception staff all spoke good English & very helpful. Easy 5 mins walk to Park Kennedy. WiFi signal a bit varied but they also have 3 good computers with free fast internet, which I´m using now! Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors best as road gets noisy from early morning onwards.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple