All reviews museo larco pueblo libre bed and breakfast next morning small hotel felt very safe neighborhood airport taxi peru
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We felt very safe in the evenings. The room was clean and bright. Peter was very helpful, providing a great local map with restaurants and other sights. As well, he let us use the fridge when we bought local fruit and yogurt at the nearby market.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We used this hotel as a quick place to sleep between flights. I question if our less than great experience was due to our quick stay, however, the hotel positions itself as a good option to and from the airport.

When we arrived the security guard showed us to our room, as there was no one at the front desk, however, we did arrive within check in hours. Because he showed us to our room and we didn't formally check in, we never received a room key. The doors are also paper thin.

The bathroom wall had a large hole/cut out behind the showed (Probably 2ft by 1ft) We are not sure where it led, but it left me freaked out as I showered.

The next morning we awoke around 6 (which I would think is an average time to be awake for an airport hotel). There was no one downstairs, and no breakfast avalible (though it was supposed to be included). We couldn't even exit the hotel because the gate was locked. There was a bell I rang a few times, but that was useless as there was no one there. I finally found a number on the front desk to call, and the owner arrived within a few minutes (thankfully! So we could leave). However, we still never received breakfast.

This was an okay place to get a few hours of sleep, but I wouldn't expect more than that.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Had very good time in Casa Aika.
Thanks to owner for warm welcome and many useful information.
Check in and check out time is flexible if room is not booked for the same day.
Suggest to make direct call or mail and ask for prices, can be cheaper that online.
Also can expect significant discount if book for the weekend and pay cash.
Breakfast is basic but enough.
During day can use dining area and kitchenware for your food and drinks if bring from outside.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I had a meeting in the near neighborhood and Casa Aika worked perfectly. A bed and breakfast, the room was very comfortable and the neighborhood quiet. Breakfast was a bit spartan. Peter is an outstanding host.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I stayed in Casa Aika 3 times on my visit to Lima recently. It is a nice and quite place. You have brilliantly maintained rooms and an excellent breakfast. The caretaker Peter is always ready to help. The neighbourhood is silent and hassle free. On check-in you get your set of keys to the property and you are independent as if its your own house.
This area is one of the out-of-tourist circuit areas of Lima and you really get access to the simple life of Lima. There is a KFC at 100 meters and many local restaurants within a kilometre. The main attraction nearby is the Museo Larco which has one of the best collections of ancient cultures of Peru. Museo Nacional de Arqueologia is also 15 minutes walk from Casa Aika.
This property is almost like a Homestay. I recommend it highly to people who like quiet and independent stay.

Room tip: The rooms in upper floor are quieter.
Date of stay: July 2017