“Interesting but....”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Miraflores
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Booked a table at Amaz by email, before we left England. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted somewhere different to dine. The restaurant was a few minutes walk from our hotel, so ideal on all counts.

I had perused the menu online, so knew what to expect. We were seated in the window at the front, with a view of the central bar. The music, noise of the bar and background conversations made cc inversing with each other quite a challenge at times!
We waited about 5 minutes to be given a menu and another 5 before we were asked if we wanted a drink. We did, & ordered Pisco Sours. Our first taste of this drink - wow, it's very strong - I needed some water to help me consume it!
The menu is vast! Helpfully for us it is also in English. The waiter told us about the tapas concept - we were familiar with this, having eaten this way in Spain, many times.We started with snack is of wild boar empanadas and crispy balls of crab with coconut mayonnaise. Both were delicious. We had 1/2 portions of Peking duck and rice wrapped in leaves and lomo saltado. We were disappointed with the duck, which wasn't particularly tender, and the flavour of the whole dish was underwhelming.The lomo saltado was fresh and tasty with a rich sauce. Too full for dessert my husband ordered a double espresso, which wasn't very generous when served. The bill came to 232 soles, we paid 250s about £53 - very reasonable & pretty good value. Not sure I'd return however as there are too many good restaurants in Lima to try!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,366)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I wasn't in the mood for anything extravagant so this did the trick. At the time I was there, for an early dinner, it was mostly empty. During my meal several other lone tourists sat down, which was kind of amusing. How did we all end up there? Not too many gluten free options.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We went there with another couple for dinner. The waiter helped us select a few dishes as we wanted to try everything! Portions are pretty big so we shared everything. Food presentation was beautiful too.
AmaZ does Amazon fusion food, very tasty and different. We had yuca empanadas which were amazing, scallops, rice cooked in a banana leaf and Paiche (river fish) cooked in a leaf too...really really good! Go there to try different flavours and unique food.

1  Thank vdelcastillo
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I have been at this place couple of times and the food is better and better. The dishes and the drinks are super tasty. Also good service.

1  Thank Samir B
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Amaz is one of the top-tier restaurants in Miraflores, serving Amazon food with a hint of Asian-fusion. We didn’t dine (although, after seeing the plates go by, we wish we would have!), but we sat at the bar and ordered some of the best cocktails I’ve ever had. There were flowers in my ice cubes! It was incredible. The staff was warm & welcoming, and we heard from the locals that this was a do-not-miss stop in any trip to Lima.

1  Thank Jordan C