All reviewsbig bednice hotellocation is excellentfront desk staffthree nightssupermarketperumiraflorestaxis
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Service was excellent and the convenience of a kitchen and a 24 hour grocery store across the street was great especially with an infant! The welcome drink should definitely be used at the bar with the best pisco sour and the great pianist who played the Bee Gees just for my son :) Walking distance to everything including the churros at Manolo's!!! Only negative is that the the furnishing could be updated and the carpets cleaned. It was also a little noisy but I think escaping noise in Lima is probably quite difficult. If you don't need a kitchen, the Sonesta 1/2 block away is also a good option.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick N
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This is a great place to stay. It is centrally located to different shops, casinos, parks, tourist attractions, etc... The staff is excellent and they absolutely understanding the meaning of customer service. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Located in the heart of Miraflores, this hotel has all the 4 star facilities (even though the gym was not fully functioning during my visit). Nce big clean rooms, excellent water pressure and very hot water which is unusual for Peru, my room even had a bath. Computers for internet are available in the lobby along with a travel tour company. Breakfast is a tasty buffet with a great selection of produce. On arrival I was offered a complimentary drink which was a nice touch. They have a sister hotel 2 doors down which has a piano bar and good though overpriced restaurant.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Kaeru30
Reviewed 4 March 2011

We were very happy with this hotel. We rented two rooms, and it turned out that both were suites with a separate living room and kitchen. The location was great - we were able to walk to Larcomar (a bit of a long walk), and then in the evening it was a very short walk to parque Kennedy, which was so fun to see at night, with lots of restaurants, and street sellers and musicians. The whole area felt very safe, even at night. The front desk provided very good service, finding us cabs when needed. Overall, a great value for Lima.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lmg11
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Stayed there twice (total of 5 nights) at the beginning and end of our Peru trip in June. We booked thru hotel.com because it was the cheapest price I could find among all sites ($100 per nite). Glad that I brought the email printout as they were going to charge me their hotel rate ($120 or something).

Both times we were at the "apart Hotel" building. You can take your breakfast at both Hotel building or Apart Hotel building - suggest stepping over to the Hotel side instead. better ambiance, more food choices.

Great: Location- as all others have said, right next to supermarket, walking distance to all tourist spots, next to the main street but yet "tucked away" so no "traffic noise".
Great: Staff - nice, get things done, very responsive and accommodating. We got "upgraded" to a suite on our return stay due to my complain of construction noise. (more about it below)

Bad : Construction noise at the nearby building - no help even a change of room. they start prompted from 8:00 am to 6pm.
Above Average : Room is clean but very minimal and dated. Shower is hot. For the price that we paid, this is with pretty good value.

Overall - if u can confirm that the construction noise is GONE - then Yes, I recommend this hotel for the value, location and staff. Otherwise, stay somewhere else till the construction next door is completed (they are literally "building" a new building, so I doubt it will be over soon... )

Airport Transfer- If I to go to Peru again with 1 or 2 people, I would hire a taxi at the airport, signs are right there with price and is the cheapest among all taxi's/ shuttles that I have asked and seen. on the way back, look on the internet or forums to find a better deal than what's offered at the hotel. (I saved 40%+ in my case averaged our 4 trips - 2 round trip to airports). Save that money to spend on Cusco shopping gets you alot of souvenirs~

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple