3,702 results
All reviews the executive lounge rosa navarro la vista restaurant juan antonio ocean view great hotel sushi bar light dinner ceviche larcomar mall corner room directly across the street lobby bar the cliff breakfast buffet late check machu picchu
Reviewed 20 February 2010

had a fabulous view and wonderful employees. really enjoyed the suites

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsLima, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our Suites the view and specially our staff service.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 13 February 2010

I've stayed at this hotel before and have had positive experiences. It's conveniently located, has nice views of the ocean, and the customer service is excellent! I called ahead of time to see if they had outlets for U.S. electrical items - 120V/60hz (which some of the fancier hotels abroad do). They said they didn't but would loan me a transformer/converter - which was exactly what they did. THANKS! They have free wifi in the lobby but not in the rooms- you have to pay for that. They also give you a bottle of water to brush your teeth (but don't use the Evian or you'll be charged). I had a room rate which included a buffet breakfast. Unfortunately my stomach was upset during this trip so i was not able to enjoy what really is quite a lovely spread- the fruit is fresh, the food is high quality and there's lots of selection (made to order eggs, omelets, pancakes, etc.

My only issue is that their soap, shampoo and lotion are all made in CHINA! The mouthwash is from the U.S. which is probably b/c of the Chinese - melamine scare. It is a U.S. based hotel and I would much prefer high quality local Peruvian product or an American made product (given that the chain is U.S.) The hotel rooms are expensive enough that I would think they could provide a decent Peruvian product. I usually prefer to bring my own products (and avoid all the plastic waste that goes along small hotel bottles) but since I was traveling with carry-on only I had to resort to the hotel products. JW Marriott Lima- Please support Peruvian industry and show off your products to your international clients! You have high quality Peruvian Britta coffee in the rooms. Why not do the same with toiletries? If you can't get Peruvian, at least get something from another Latin country or the U.S.!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank chicagoootraveler
JWMarriottLima, Customer Care Center at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear chicagoootraveler:
We read your review on Trip Advisor and we will like to thank you for your kind comments and great descriptions of our facilities, we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that you liked our personalized service, thank you for your ideas regarding the toiletries.
We look forward to your next visit!!!

Reviewed 31 January 2010

Stayed here with my wife in November. We were upgraded to a huge suite on a corner room, so we effectively had a 270 degree view of the whole of Lima and the ocean, incredible. I had forgotten several things we needed that evening and must have phoned guest services about 5 times for toothbrush, other stuff (not normally this forgetful or high maintenance), but they handled everything very professionally and with a smile.

We had breakfast in the morning on the executive floor, the standard was very good.

I appreciate this type of hotel may not suit everyone, but if this place is one of your options, go for it, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NoVAfoody
GuestRelationsLima, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2010

Dear Guest!
We read your review on Trip Advisor and we will like to thank you for your comments, are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that you liked our facilities, we look forward to your next visit!!!

Reviewed 20 January 2010

Very pretty new hotel & friendly staff. Beautiful rooms with splendid views. The fitness center is not free, neither is the pool but it wasn't a problem since we got enough exercise walking around the city. Hotel is right next to a Larco Mar shopping center, great location.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AniaUsa
GuestRelationsLima, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2010

Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your last stay with us!
We would like to thank you for your input regarding the closed pool and the high prices for the room, your opinion about our services is an invaluable tool we use to improve in search of the excellence. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 January 2010

Having read other reviews here I believe them to be fair. My experience was…

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in December, in an executive room on the top floor, as part of a large business group. My room had an ocean view (I think they all do) and was huge and very well equipped. I appreciated all the small touches in the room and the inclusion of an iPod docking station alarm clock was great.

Being in an executive room I had use of the club lounge, which is well worth the extra money. The lounge staff were very helpful and always willing to go that extra bit to make you feel comfortable and welcome. Apart from free breakfast, snacks and drinks, a great plus was the free WiFi in the lounge.

I got a free late (5pm) checkout… not sure if that was because I am a Marriott silver member of I had an executive room, but either way it was very welcome.
It’s a shame the swimming pool wasn’t open in December… the weather was fine for us Europeans !

Location is good, with a large shopping mall across the street, with a choice of restaurants and bars. I also used the hotel airport pickup service which was excellent – not cheap at over $40, but worth it.

Overall the staff were all very friendly and helpful. No complaints on that front.

My only issue is price. I paid USD$320 + tax per night which is crazy in these recessionary times. The only thing that would stop be staying there again is price.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business