USD 231
  • Breakfast included
USD 68
  • Restaurant
3,662 results
All reviewsthe executive loungerosa navarrola vista restaurantjuan antonioocean viewgreat hotelsushi barlight dinnercevichelarcomar mallcorner roomdirectly across the streetlobby barthe clifffitness centerbreakfast buffetlate check
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Overall this is nice property. The issue that enounter with most hotels is with the housekeeping department and this JW is no exception. I ran out of facial tissue (kleenex) and the box was in a wooden container. I threw the box in the trash and then overturned the wooden cover, to give housekeeping a heads up that I didn't have any. I did that on Wednesday, and each time the housekeeping staff simple put the wooden box in the proper location without any tissues. I did that 3 days in a row. One day, they didn't even clean the drinking glasses in the room.

The personnel at the hotel are generally nice. I did receive some bad information from the concierge one day, but fortunately, I double checked myself on the internet and got the correct information. I quit using the concierge service after the incorrect information.

Would I return. I guess so. The location is nice and for the time in the room, there is a nice view.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 678,855
Reviewed 21 January 2013

The J.W. Marriott is excellent. The rooms are terrific. The housecleaning staff is fantastic. The Front Desk people are friendly and efficient and the views of the Pacific are first rate. My only complaint is the restaurant. Unless you have a reservation (even if you are staying there) during a busy time, you DON'T get in! The food is OK, not wonderful and the wait staff is really S L O W. If you are Peruvian or from other Latin American countries, there seems to be a little preference while dining. Would I go back? Sure. Overall, it was first rate.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have amazing views and are quieter from the busy street traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hotpuffin66
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have just stayed on business here and was very happy with the experience. A few plus and minus points. On the plus side:

- Excellent car service. They have hotel cars waiting outside and there was always one available to take us where we wanted.
- Excellent Wifi in the rooms. This is crucial for my business travel.
- Owing to some sort of mix-up with our reservation, we were upgraded. Nice touch.
- The room had an iron and an ironing board. (Extremely useful for business travel - my shirts always get creased in my bag, no matter how carefully I fold them.)
- Good location.
- Good restaurant. We had dinner one night. There's also a sushi/ceviche bar which we didn't try, but looked appetising.
- There's a Starbucks downstairs. I generally hate hotel breakfasts, so it was great to be able to go to Starbucks.

On the minus side only two rather minor complaints:
- There was a coffee maker in my room (which would normally feature in the "plus points") but it only had decaf coffee. (Obviously I could have asked housekeeping to get me regular coffee, but I didn't.)
- The iron was not a steam iron. Almost all irons in the UK are steam irons - so much better than the old fashioned sort. But this is really a minor point. The important thing is that there was an iron.

Overall: I'd be happy to come back here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anthony S
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Would recommend this Hotel hands down and would stay there every time we go back. Beautiful location, amenities , shopping across the street along with restaurants. The view of the ocean breath taking. Hotel first class all the way! When in Lima stay at the JW it rocks!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 15 January 2013

A friend and I stayed at the JW Marriott this past December. We choosed the Marriott primarily because of trip advisor review and the fact that they had a great weekend rate.

Aside from the checkin counter not able to find our reservation (made through the marriott website) and not being very helpful, the rest of our stay was without hiccup.

The rooms are big and spacious and very well decorated. Our room was facing the ocean which was nice (I think all rooms do but not sure). We never heard any noise from the corridor or other rooms.

It lacks the charm of let say the Miraflores Park Hotel but for the price, it's a great choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends