3,701 results
All reviews the executive lounge rosa navarro la vista restaurant juan antonio ocean view great hotel sushi bar light dinner ceviche larcomar mall corner room directly across the street lobby bar the cliff breakfast buffet late check machu picchu
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Great hotel in Miraflores area. The hotel is in excellent shape. I got upgraded to a corner executive suite on a high floor. It had a superb view of the Pacific and Lima city from my bedroom. It is simply a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We spent two nights at the JW Marriott after vising Cusco and before heading back to the US. It was a perfect end to our vacation - a luxurious, relaxing hotel. It is in a great location on the coast in Miraflores. It has nice views of the coast and is within walking distance of many restaurants.

We stayed at the hotel using Marriott Rewards points, and due to my Platinum status, we were upgraded to the top floor. They also gave us access to the executive lounge, which is probably the nicest lounge I've ever been to. They serve a large breakfast, light lunch in the early afternoon, wine and cheese in the late afternoon, and a light dinner/desserts in the evening. Plus they always had a refrigerator full of sodas and water. This was a great perk. We enjoyed the wine hour every night.

The rooms were excellent with comfy beds and a large bathroom with a separate tub and shower.

We ate in the sushi lounge the first night, and both the sushi and ceviche were excellent.

We had a midnight flight back to the US on our last day, and they let us have a late check out at 10pm, which I just couldn't believe. It was so nice to be able to have to access to our room all day and shower before the overnight flight.

I highly recommend the hotel - it was fabulous!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuliaATL
Reviewed 3 April 2012

JW's are about the best there are this one disappointed in only two respects. The location was great -- in a good neighborhood along the long beach area. It was right across the street from a wonderful shopping mall with plenty of good restaurant alternatives. If you are into gambling, there is a casino in the building. Out back of the hotel there are some shops, if you want to stock up on inexpensive snack items, bottled water, or other drinks.

A mistake in my reservations (they had garbled my name) was quickly sorted out in my favor. The rooms were wonderful. I am not into the current fashion of tons of over-the-top amenities, duvets, and pillows, but if that is your thing, you'll love it!

One quibble with the wonderful breakfast buffet. This hotel prides itself on bringing one (unsolicited) freshly squeezed OJ. I drink only apple juice for breakfast, which for four morning showed up as requested at no additional charge. My last morning the server bridled, told me they did not have it today, and if they did, there would be an extra charge. I was gobsmacked!

One deficiency. I had access to the executive lounge. Unlike others that I have visited, this one did not provide complimentary wine or beer at happy hour. The food was good (quality, selection, presentation), but an alcoholic beverage was charged at the full Marriott bar tariff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rover1313
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The hotel is in a great location at the seaside end of Larco Avenue in Miraflores, towering above the larcomar shopping and entertainment center. I have been staying there several times in the last few years and was impressed every time with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable. Unlike most hotel restaurants the "La Vista" serves tasty food and has a excellent wine menu. Unfortunately some rooms are not as nice as others. Rooms ending in xx01 for example are on the side of the building and have a triangular shape which makes them smaller than the other rooms. Also soundproofing of the rooms facing the main traffic route could be better. For me (normally living in the country) the traffic noise was very disturbing. Nevertheless I still consider this hotel one of the better places and will be back

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank weinweber
GuestRelationsLima, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Your comments are a valuable tool many visitors will use to choose their lodging option in Lima. Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to hosting you again!

Karina Revilla
Guest Relations Manager
JW Marriott Lima

Reviewed 2 April 2012

If your looking for a great location to stay in Lima and have amenities near by then this is the place to stay at. Good proximity to neighborhoods that are safe to walk around in and explore, a promenade along the cliff is perfect for morning jogs. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were well appointed and very comfortable, the views of the coast line from the rooms are amazing, you can almost touch the paragliders sailing by the window!

The only aspect I wish they improve on is a fairly expensive WiFi. Overall, Highly recommendable for business or vacation.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel facilities. Thank you for your comment regarding the internet, although there is a charge for the connection in the room, we also offer free WiFi in all our public areas. I hope this information is usefulon your next visit!

Karina Revilla