3,697 results
All reviews the executive lounge rosa navarro la vista restaurant juan antonio ocean view great hotel sushi bar light dinner ceviche larcomar mall corner room directly across the street lobby bar the cliff breakfast buffet late check machu picchu
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I was in Lima for vacation March 15-21. I stayed in central Lima for the first few days and then moved to Miraflores and the Marriott to end the trip. The hotel was very comfortable with a large washroom, which I appreciate. The TV was also a good size and the room set- up good for plugging in laptops and cell phones, etc. There were plenty of outlets in convenient locations. Also important to me, I could centrally control temperature as I like my room cold, and it worked perfectly.

Hotel is clean, staff is helpful and friendly. I also really appreciated the early check-in and late check-out allowed due to flight schedules. The gym is terrific. The Concierge Lounge has 24 hour access which is nice. The staff at the Lounge was phenomenal, very friendly and helpful. I would have enjoyed juice being available more than just at breakfast, they also offer a light lunch, cocktails (a red and a white wine) from 5:30 to 7:00 and then more food until 9:00 pm. All very useful to have and more than anything in we get in North America, so can't complain!

Only disappointment was pool being closed for maintenance as there was no where else to lounge and enjoy the weather outside, which is what I wanted on vacation.

Location is great, by the water and across from LarcoMar, the mall with a food court and American chains, if you like that stuff. It's also easy to get taxis to many great restaurants and easy to walk around and explore a bit as well. It doesn't have the touristy stuff like central Lima does, it's really staying in a city and eating and drinking and shopping and relaxing.

Thanks for a wonderful and very comfortable stay! I would definitely choose to stay here again when in Lima.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsLima, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us through trip advisor. We are moiré than happy to know that we where able to exceed your expectations despite having our pool closed, we apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you and hopefully did not impact your vacations. It will definitely be an honor for us to be able to host you again in the near future!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here during the final leg of our Peruvian vacation. After hiking the Inca Trail, we wanted a hotel where we could chill out in style. The rooms were awesome, great restaurant, nice pool. But the best part was the view and the service! Everyone was so nice and genuine, and it was the perfect ending to a great holiday in Peru.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We have read your comments and we are very happy to know that you had a relaxing time after hiking the inca trail! Thank you very much for your comments regarding our facilities and our staff, they work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Perfect location in Miraflores, Lima. The hotel is just across the street from Lacomar which is a shopping center with great restaurants and an amazing view. The hotel is a little over priced but its soooo worth it for its luxurious rooms and views! The view from the rooms are incredible - breathtaking ocean view and if you are on a high floor you will have intervals where the clouds come in and cover the area periodically (which is cool to see).
Its easy to get around in Lima taxis are easy to get and affordable just walk out to the street in-front of the hotel. To save money don't have the hotel do this for you!. A few things to do around the area will be to visit a popular touristy restaurant La Rosa Nautica and take a sightseeing bus tour!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and great tips for future travelers. I am sure they will find this information useful. We look forward to hosting you once again!!!!

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Sitting on a cliff overlooking the water, this imposing structure houses a fairly typical Marriott, but staffed by tirelessly friendly, helpful people. We checked in late at night, but were greeted with warm smiles and a "what else can we do for you ?" attitude. Every person we met during our stay treated us the same way.

Despite my homework, I did not have the correct plug adapter. The concierge dug into her desk and gave me one -- with a smile.

The facilities were typical Marriott. New, clean, fresh, comfortable. The staff made the difference. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
GuestRelationsLima, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us through the Trip Advisor website. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our facilities as much as our staff service. Thank you very much for your comments; they encourage us to keep up the good work!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I attended a conference and choose the JW Marriott although it wasn't the host hotel. It was a great choice.
I knew the hotel was located on a hill but I didn't think about getting there... while we traveled along the coast admiring the gorgeous ocean view we circled around the mountain until we reached our hotel.
After being greeted by the attendants we took the elevator to the 2nd level for check-in. Although the check-in time is 3pm the front desk personnel said they would check us in at 12pm which was fine. So away we go to scout out the area...
Across the street is a park that was both inviting and relaxing -- with the ocean in the background and nice greenery we sat down for a while. We noticed stairs going down and followed them -- we discovered, for lack of a better word, a mall. Restaurants and shops in abundance! We were stunned and excited... so here we go discovering all the mall had to offer. There's a Tony Romas, Mangoes, Starbucks, KFC, and others to name a few. The restaurants offer seating outside which gives you a great view of the ocean.
Then we walked and discovered we were in the shopping district! WOW a fab dream for me and it seems they have loads of ladies shoe shops -- need I say more???
While investigating the area we discovered another park - they are big on parks for some reason. I loved them, they are clean, relaxing and inviting. They even had artists that were painting and allowing the public to watch with the hopes that their picture would be purchased afterwards - it was great.
A great point is that Lima is "clean"... I don't recall experiencing such cleanliness anywhere else. Also their stores don't open until 11am; I'm from NY and expect everything to open early or never close. That was a small thing.
Back to the hotel, it has a casino, several restaurants, spa -- we didn't take advantage of any of these items but our room was great. We were located on the 8th floor and marveled at the stars, ocean and our surroundings nightly.

All in all I loved the city and would return with the hopes of visiting Machu Picchu this time but I would start out, and finish, at the Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to know that you had a wonderful stay at the JW Marriott Lima, it looks like you discovered the city at your own pace and this is a great way to do it.

Thank you for the nice comments about our surroundings, they are really inviting and convenient for tourists that come on vacations and business trips, “Larcomar” the shopping mall across the street is perfect located.

We look forward to seeing you again when you arrange your Machu Picchu trip!

Regards,