3,763 results
All reviews the executive lounge rosa navarro juan antonio la vista restaurant ocean view great hotel sushi bar light dinner ceviche larcomar mall corner room directly across the street lobby bar the cliff fitness center breakfast buffet late check
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I had the pleasure to Stay at the JW Marriott last week. It was a 2 day business trip that extended into a 7 day trip. The hotel is perfectly located in Miraflores right in front of the Ocean and many little shops and restaurants.

The staff were all very friendly and very helpful. Services were also good especially the yummy Ceviche and Sushi bar in the Main lobby.

Internet and all the business amenities are all good also.

On the last 2 days of my stay there was an issue with the internet connection. Although the problem wasn't resolved by the time I left, the hotel management couldn't do enough to make sure the internet issue didn't ruin my stay.

I'll be back in Lima soon and this will be my Hotel of Choice.

Room tip: Rooms with Oceans views are the best.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GuestRelationsLima, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the JW Marriott Lima for your business trip. We appreciate your time sharing your comment on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to know that despite the internet issue we where able to accommodate your needs.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in your next visit. Thank you once again for having chosen us as your Hotel of Choice!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2012

The JW Marriott in Lima is a good hotel. Fantastic location, large comfortable rooms, very good breakfast, world-class heath club. However (I totally agree with one the last reviewers, kiaorabro1) the hotel lacks in warmth and attention to client. There is nothing wrong with the service, but they are unlikely to ask if you need anything. I have walked from the entrance lobby to the reception (on the second floor) without being asked if i needed anything; I have sat at the breakfast table without anybody asking me if I wanted coffee or a juice (until I went to ask to the waiter 15 minutes into my breakfast); I have walked in and out of the health club without being asked if I needed any help using the machines, and so on and so forth. Don't get me wrong: I am an autonomous independent adult, but if I want indifference or service only-on-demand I can go to any good hotel. If I go to a 5-star hotel I expect the highest level of attention to the client. Then there are the unexpected charges: cappuccino is not included in the breakfast buffet; internet may depend on the type of rate you have (come on!). While staying at the hotel I went for a trip in the interior for a few days: checked out, left my luggage here, with a reservation for the next stay. When I checked in again I did not expect to be recognized (and indeed I wasn't..), but I did expect to have my luggage waiting for me in my room -- and it wasn't.
Anybody can provide (for a price) a large room, a good mattress, a hearty breakfast. Attention to the little detail is what makes a good hotel great one. The JW Marriott is just a good hotel.

Room tip: Ocean-view rooms (some corner rooms don't have "real" ocean view).
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review with such important comments. We totally agree with you and I will like to offer my most sincere apologies for not being able to exceed your expectations, will share your comments with our staff, we will train them better in order to keep everyone focused on our most important task: to make all our guest feel welcomed and of course always reach for the extra mile.

Thank you so much for your comments; and we look forward to hosting you again if your travels bring you back to Lima.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2012

On our trip to Cusco we stayed twice in the JW Marriott Lima. On the way in we noticed a horrible lack of attitude in the staff. Nobody is friendly, nobody really cares. It took us 5 calls to get our internet access going ! Front desk and bell boys make you feel you are bothering them. Leaving Peru we were booked again so..... ! It was exact the same story, nobody opened the door of our car and I had to approach the bell boy to ask him to take our luggage in. Very unfriendly check in. The room was nice except the water stains on the ceiling. Once again my last name was misspelled ( this happened even when the concierge from our Cusco hotel send them an email correcting my last name ), making it impossible to access the internet. It took 4 calls to get to the front desk manager ! The whole hotel staff is really letting you know that they do not care. The only nice people are the tons of hookers you can see there at the bar and elevator ! They finally gave us the stay for free, but this is not the reason I like to stay in a JW. This is by far the worst JW I have ever stayed and I highly recommend not to spend your money there if you care for service and friendly attitude. The HR manager should be ashamed of his staff and if the GM had a little pride he would take down the JW Marriott sign till this maximum 2 star facility is up to JW Marriott standards.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank PuraVidaCR1
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This hotel is lovely, it's clean, great service, excellent food, it just seemed to be lacking something. Maybe culture, maybe enthusiasm for what it is, it seems to just plod along, arrogant in the knowledge that here it may be the best you can get. Not sure, it has left me a little underdone

1  Thank Clayton S

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us, your opinion is a valuable tool we use in search of excellence. We are very sorry to hear that you left with a feeling of not being treated enthusiasm and a lack of culture. Rest assured that we will share your comments in order to keep everyone focused on our most important task: to make all our guest feel welcomed and at home.

Thank you so much for your comments; it will be an honor to host you again in Lima

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2012

The JW Marriott in Lima does not scimp on service. They are eager to accommodate their guests and always seem willing to go the extra mile. The staff is friendly and outgoing, expressing their desire to make your stay comfortable. I appreciate the incredible service and comfort of the JW Marriott in Lima. It is a hotel that will not disappoint you. Reasonable rates and exceptional location made this hotel among the best that I have visited. As a frequent traveler, I often stay with Marriott, this property sets the bar high for other Marriott locations. I offer a comprehensive review of the property at [---]

Room tip: All of the rooms offer a view of the Pacific Ocean. The higher floors offer a better perspective.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mr. John!
We are happy to read that you had a very nice time during your stay at the JW Marriott Lima.
Thank you for your comments regarding our staff, we encourage them to take care of all our guests by showing genuine interest and going the extra mile, your recognition will be shared with all our team.

Thank you so much for your comments, it certainly help other guests coming to Lima!
We hope you can stay with us again very soon!

Regards,