“Now one of the favorites for Limeños”
Review of La Pescaderia de Barranco - CLOSED

La Pescaderia de Barranco
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Its packed with locals. Prices are just right for what they offer. The also have Makis which are really great.
The big difference with other seafood places is that they offer deep sea fish like Marlin and Sword fish.
Great service and a nice and pleasant place with excellent photos, including E. Hemingway in Cabo Blanco and the record holder 1300 pound plus black Marlin.
Its also a magnificent seafood and steak store.

2  Thank xochitl

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We went here on the recommendation of the landlord who's apartment we were staying in. The waiter was friendly enough so I ordered the Bass ceviche and my fiance ordered the ceviche mixtos. When the orders came out the mixto literally had a piece or two each of the shrimp, squid and mussels and about six small pieces of fish. My order wasnt much better with about 15 pieces of fish. We called the waiter over and questioned him on this and showed him a picture of the same meal we ordered at Punto Azul in Mirreflores which was loaded with seafood and cheaper. He apologized and to his credit brought us out a slightly larger portion.the ceviche was good quality. When we got the bill we were charged $10 soles extra for a cover. I asked him what this was for and he said some upscale restaurants charged this in order to cover the silverware and plates. Yea, are you kidding me? Completely laughable. I paid the bill but would never go back.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

One of our favourite activities in Lima is testing restaurants. We were passing by Barranco one day and decided to try the newly opened Pescaderia. The place is pleasant, the service was good and the food as well, but nothing more than you can find in many other cevicherias in Lima. We found the bill a bit overpriced, but this is happening more and more... Overall not bad but nothing special.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have been staying in a flat near to La Pescaderia and finally decided to visit it based on reviews here and elsewhere. The restaurant appears to only be open for lunch (since I walked past it many evenings and it was closed). I was given a menu in English/Spanish (the Spanish version was much more accurate!) when I sat down. The ambience is lacking. When I was there, there were a host of familes with crying babies, etc. but not the fault of the restaurant.

The waiter asked me what I wanted and recommended a dish of the day, which I accepted. It was a mix of several types of fish, but the quality was very poor. It was if the waiters were told to "sell" the dish of the day. It tasted as if it were microwaved.

For the main course, I had a shrimp platter, the quality was fair, but the presentation was not. I had to use my hands to peel the outer layer from the food, which was awkward. I would recommend they serve any shrimp dishes in a way that they are more easily eatable.

Overall, I wouldn't give the place a high rating. The service appeared to be compulsory, the food was adequate but lacking and the price was a bit high.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

La Pescaderia is one of my favourite restaurants in Lima. I'm happy it opened as its so close to my home. I have been satisfied with food and service all times I've been there except one evening when everything went totally wrong. And I do think that this is one problem La Pescaderia faces - how to adapt to sudden unexpected situations.
The location is centric, the decoration beautiful - admire the floor tiles!
The menu is varied and staff are very knowledgeable and can give good recommendations. The food - especially the tiraditos, the risottos and the ravioli is perfect. If you go to the shop at the entrance - service is fast and you go home with good food without waiting to long.
But one evening - an almost empty restaurant. I think we were the only table of guests and suddenly hell broke loose. La Pescaderia decided to participate in the Chilcano festival week and as a result a buss full of drunken customers fell into the quiet restaurant. Service to the existing customers just fell apart. We got things different than we have ordered. We had to wait way to long for the desserts.
I do think restaurants that participate in "come here and get drunk"events should advice customers to come back a calmer night or just ask if they dont mind eating dinner in a whirlpool....
At next visit the owner did apologise and we got excellent service.
So I do know la Pescaderai can deliver good food and good service. Hopefully in the future all times.