“Top service with good food. Ideal for a romantic dinner ”
Review of La Locanda

La Locanda
Ranked #8 of 3,138 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Isidro
Description: The best Mediterranean and Peruvian fusion cuisine in Lima. At La Locanda, guests enjoy classic elegance in an exclusive environment with a beautiful view of the garden. With warm service, each detail has been meticulously attended to for an unforgettable experience. La Locanda also offers a great selection of desserts and the finest wines and liquors. This is the perfect place for a business lunch, a romantic dinner or just a fun evening with friends.
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

We tried the 5 courses degustation menu that gives a good idea of the chef's creations.
Menu is available in the website so you can have an idea of the prices.
The ceviche was delicious though the decoration was a bit too much. Despite of that details the food was well prepared with fine ingredients.
The images talk by themselves.

SalesandMarketingSLI, Gerente at La Locanda, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to share your impressions on your recent visit to La Locanda Restaurant at Swissôtel Lima with the Trip Advisor Community.

It is a pleasure for us to read that you have enjoyed the Swissôtel experience at La Locanda: Top Service and Good Food, as you have pointed out. La Locanda Restaurant has it´s own web page and Facebook page, for our clients to get to know what we offer and what to expect of the culinary experience at our property. As you have mentioned, is ideal for a romantic dinner.

We look forward to welcoming you to La Locanda Restaurant soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

I was looking for a Peruvian restaurant and picked this one because of the reviews. Initially I was a little disappointed because it was an Italian restaurant more than a Peruvian one. But our waiter was so charming and understanding that he had the chef make me dishes that were off the menu so that I can have a Peruvian dinner. The food was exceptional!! All four of our dishes were amazing. And the desserts were to die for! I would definitely come back for more!!!!

Dear Client,

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your culinary experience due to the exquisite food our Chef August Salazar delivers evey day to our guests and clients. La Locanda is a fusion between the Mediterranean and Peruvian Cuisines. Our Chef changes several times during the year our menu to offer different alternatives, but we are always capable to satisfy every need of our guests and clients. I am glad we did it this time.

We look forward to welcoming you to La Locanda Restaurant soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

I went to this restaurant based on the Trip Advisor reviews and it certainly lived up to the positive reviews. While the food I had was very good based on the staff's recommendations, their service was really superior. At La Locanda, the concept of waiters is true to its word in that they truly "wait" on the guests instead of merely being servers. The level of attention, without being pushy, is really superb. While the quality of the food is reason to go back, the service is really my personal motivation to go back.

SalesandMarketingSLI, Gerente at La Locanda, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear Client,

It is a pleasure for us to read the description of your experience. As you have described, the Swissôtel Servide Style is what makes the difference. In your own words: superior. That is our daily goal, to deliver a unique and memorable experience to each one of our clients and guests.

We look forward to welcoming you to Swissôtel Lima soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Ate here in December of 2015 for my anniversary, and had a great experience. The staff truly went out of their way to ensure every detail was perfect, and went above and beyond for everything. Thank you La Locanda!

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking a few minutes of your valuable time to share your impressions on your recent visit to Swissôtel Lima with the Trip Advisor Community.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you have chosen La Locanda to celebrate a date so important as your anniversary. As you have mentioned, our staff ensures that every detail during your experience is perfect, unique and memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you to La Locanda soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

I was there with a group. Service is mostly professional and friendly. Food quality mostly alright. Good wine card (white and red wines). Nice presentation of the meals.
We ordered a special meal for a person. Aparently with a food hygiene problem! Answer of the chief of the kitchen didn't come after 7 days --> not very professional for a restaurant of this level. Only after my second e-mail the kitchen chief answered. His attitude was quite disappointing and not too professional.
We never had stomache problems during 3 weeks of travel in Peru. The only problem we had (two persons who shared the same special meal), was ironically in the locanda restaurant in lima. All that glitters is not gold!

1  Thank Jonas L
SalesandMarketingSLI, Director de Alimentos y Bebidas at La Locanda, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear Jonas L,

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to La Locanda in June this year. I certainly remember your case, as you had contacted us directly at the hotel with your valuable feedback at the time. Please let me apologize if you felt that it took us long to respond, but we were required to look at the details of your claims and the food items you consumed within a larger group. I’m very sorry that you and your girlfriend did not feel well after the meal, and although we had no other complaints regarding any of the food we served, our F&B quality manager and I did an investigation and found that everything was up to standard. Having said that, I want you to know that we value very much your feedback and the opportunities you have given us to respond to you. I would be absolutely delighted to see you in our restaurant again, let me know if you will have a future trip to Lima and I would be happy to ensure your next experience is flawless.

Kind Regards,

Director of Food and Beverage.