“World class cuisine for a everyday budget”

Shizen Barra Nikkei
Ranked #346 of 3,053 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: USD 9 - USD 18
Description: Cocina Nikkei con identidad, cariño y sazón peruana. Bienvenidos a nuestro mundo, bienvenidos a nuestra cocina!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

These guys are amazing. Went there for late lunch today and was blown away by the creativity of the food combined with amazing bang for the buck. Had great tiger milk as an amuse gueule and then paid only 18 soles for their perfect uncommon causa interpretation (see pictures) and just a bit more for the freshest and tastiest scallops i ever tasted in Peru. Like one guest already mentioned, they just opened (3 months ago) but i am sure they will make themselves a name in Lima’s food scene soon! Go there as long as it’s still a secret!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This place is a present delight in Miraflores; tucked away on a quite road but once you enter, your sense of smell is awoken by wonderful aromas and your greeted by friendly faces that peer over from the counter and kitchen. This place is special because it makes you feel special.

The food is a fusion of Japanese and Peruvian. They use fresh fish from Peru and use Peruvian ingredients to combine an experience. Each plate takes you across a journey of flavours.

I have been to a fair few Japanese restaurants in london and paid extortionate prices for something ‘different’. This place is different and really worth more than what you pay for. The dishes are unique and I enjoyed them all.
After we ordered a few things, one of chefs greeted us and recommended two more
Dishes - and we have to
Thank him for what he recommended because the scallop dishes were delicious.

Sebastian our waiter was great, not over bearing and friendly.

We had three nigiri dishes, one maki, one of their scallop specials on the board with two beers and it came up to 23 pounds! Something tells me these chefs are going to get big and very successful and it’s been a pleasure to experience this fresh delight in the first month of opening the restaurant.

1  Thank Binta P
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

This is a flavor experience NOT to be missed!

The chefs took us on a tasty surprise flavor journey that was delectable, complex, and orgasmic.

It was a joy to enjoy their passion for fresh fusion.

Thank you Chef Renato and Chef Coco! And Sebastian's service was impeccable and a pleasure.

Catherine from California

2  Thank Catherine K
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

My friends and I visited Shizen in Lima, Peru. The ambiance is great! We told the chef that he can surprise us with making us a mixture of different dishes. Wow!! Literally a flavor explosion!! I have never had such flavors together before. I am so happy that we are willing to try anything.
I am so happy that we chose to come here. It is a MUST to stop Here! You will not be disappointed.
Our server Sebastian was so wonderful! The chefs Coco and Renato have a magical talent.
The flavors of the foods that they mixed together is beyond! I have never had such a well rounded and pleasing meal. Everything was perfect!!
Go see this place ASAP! This will soon be one of the best stops in Lima.

2  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I've spent a night before my departure back home in the hostal next door (which I highly recommend also: Residencial Miraflores B&B) and before I left I wanted to try the new restaurant which the owner of my hostal highly recommended as the best ceviche in town. As I tried Punto Azul and El Muelle before, which were amazing also, I was doubting to get any better ceviche experience. And I didn't. All the three are serving amazing ceviche. But!!! What I got at Shizzen Barra Nikei was way more then ceviche. It's an amazing peruvian-japanese fusion. I started with Scallops in a slightly spicy rocoto salsa (foto 3), followed by Jorge Tomito's interpretation of ceviche and exquisit nigiris with a little garlic topping (foto 1). Allready full, gluttony came over me. The reason why is simple: This food is art. I continued with another pair of nigiris (conchita andina) and finished with a spicy maki roll. Completely full and happy I went next door to my hostel, took a shower and and went from Miraflores to the airport bus. Peopz, this restaurant is soon going to be an absolute hotspot in Miraflores (just opened a week ago). I highly recommend going there before you got to cue up for hours or reserve a week in advance.
One little thing to improve: buy a nice espresso machine. Thank you for your recommendations Jorge Tomito, you are a gifted chef!

1  Thank Felix S