“Best Thai In Lima ”
Review of Lima Thai

Lima Thai
Ranked #359 of 2,921 Restaurants in Lima
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lima Thai is marketed as the best Thai food in Lima and it's true. The offerings on the menu are numerous and generally presented as traditional Thai, not the otherwise typical Peruvian mashups passed under the dubious label "fusion". The staff is top notch and are trained on the history of the restaurant as well as the menu. Plates were brought out in orderly fashion. Tom kha gai was fine (the other reviewer claiming that the soup had chicken waste was actually confused by actual Thai mushrooms) and the pad see ew was tasty without being greasy, like you might find in lesser joints. Decor is wonderful with both indoor and outdoor canopied seating. Prices are high and wine offerings slim, but otherwise it's a fantastic restaurant.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

A lot of effort has obviously been put in decorating this unique restaurant. The staff are genuinely nice and service is fast. Our waiter, Johann, was superb! I recommend sitting outside if it is not too cold. I wish I would've loved the food as much as I loved the ambiance, but it certainly is very good and prices are reasonable. The appetizers were awesome! I've included pictures of our favorites and I highly recommend the meat curry or Gaeng Ped Nuea as an entree. We were a bit disappointed by the Pad Thai unfortunately. For drinks, I recommend the Lima Thai- delicious! It's dry, definitely not sweet and the rosemary gives it a unique touch. It's a must!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Really good food, the closest to real thai food I've found yet. The only issue is that food takes its while to come out... Ambiance is good and prices are OK. Waiters are very nice also.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

The service was good, attentive staff. But the food was horrible. The worst pad Thai I have ever had. It tasted like Lomo saltado. Not coming back again.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

The Thom ka gay was lacking in complexity and had pieces of what seemed like chicken waste in it rather than proper chicken bits. The shrimp rice rolls were bland and the shrimp seemed old and overcooked which is sacrilege in our country. We cancelled the rest of the order as the starters were so poorly made and took over an hour for them to arrive. Very disappointing experience in a city with a thriving seafood culture and so few Thai restaurants - one would have expected them to try to get it right.