Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

annepom
London, UK
“Very crap guide!”
Reviewed 30 December 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I didn't have time to leave a review yet so writing now. I arrived in Iquitos on 19th September 2015 around 4pm at the Flying Dog. I didn`t have much time and wanted to go on a 5-day trip to the jungle so I went to see the agency they work with, Ecological Jungle Trips. I found that Diego was not really listening to my questions, he just kept talking and talking and talking. He was not either really accurate about where the trip was going and what was included. But I didn`t have much time so I booked with them. I was with 2 Canadian girls and 4 German people. There were 2 guides, Yair and Franck. The first day and the second morning, the 2 Canadian girls and me had Yair as a guide and he was the crappiest guide I have ever seen. Let`s remain factual. His English was very poor and he did not understand questions. When he understood them, he didn`t know the answers most of the time. His knowledge of jungle plants and animals was very poor too. A good example is when in the evening he tried to "catch" a tarantula by trying to grab it which made it run away when Franck the next day just put his arm close to it for it to gently come on the arm. I expect a guide to know what they do. So on the second day we complained to Franck and asked to go with him as a guide. It was accepted and from then on we were happier because Franck was a great guide. What I found not good otherwise in this tour is for example that the food was very average. You go to the jungle, you would expect to eat fishes and instead they give you chicken apart from the day you go fishing. Also I didn`t know before to go that you have to bring your own snacks, but you would not need to bring any if the time when you eat is decent. We ate sometimes breakfast at 11am and lunch at 4pm. We were starving often. Franck said to me "You are in the jungle here!" I don`t care. I am a tourist on a tour and I do expect the agency to make an effort in terms of the logistic so that we have snacks to eat when lunch is planned at 4pm or to let me know beforehand to bring my own snacks because sometimes we will eat late. Poor communication and poor logistics. Besides that, yes, they try to accommodate requests. For example, they said no night walk on the second night and we said we would like one, and Franck made an effort and organised one. We found that breakfast was too late at 8am and asked if we could have it at 7am as everyone was awake from 6.30am onwards anyway and they accommodated this request too. However, when Alex came to pick all of us up the last day, there was not a single time when he did a briefing asking "guys how was the trip? anything we can improve?" nope, nothing. To me this agency just wants to take people for the minimum cost and effort possible. I would pay more and go with a more reliable one next time.

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
30 Dec 2015
Hello Anne
Very good days
I am Diego company Ecological Jungle Trips
Thank you for your comment is very important for us and the entire team of the company
In response to your comment, as I commented to first start we contacted us in Iquitos hotel, I commented that our tours we do is an adventure tour and spend more time exploring the jungle day and night, since animals we will be able to see here are in their natural habitat and enjoy them and watch the tours are developed very early in the morning.
Mealtime when we are camping in the jungle is flexible and we all need to coordinate and have the food ready before 8:00 am, in the Camping we have no need for fire equipment in our the hostel comdidas prepare early and mealtimes are punctual.
Frank is one of our guides that have great reviews of their work, anyone can make mistakes and errors all try to overcome them and continue working with the aim that visitors have an excellent tourist experience.
To complement the meals we fruits, tea, coffee and more, it is not necessary to Labergue with snacks or during tours in the jungle
We are very happy to have had an experience with us exploring the jungle.
My apologies for what happened, so we are responding on sy comment.
I hope you are well and many blessings to you, successes.
Diego and Alex, the whole team of Ecological Jungle Trips
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing