“Belgium beer at the Amazon”
Review of Amazon Bistro

Amazon Bistro
Ranked #6 of 106 Restaurants in Iquitos
Price range: USD 4 - USD 20
Cuisines: French, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: House made bread. Breakfast, sandwiches. Real expresso. Argentine beef. Salmon and tuna steaks. Belgian Chocolate. French Wines. French Champagne. In an old style café de Paris in Iquitos ! Open from 6:00 am to late at night.WiFi
Reviewed 12 April 2015

I was surprised when found this place. Very classy, with a beautiful sunset river view, mahogany and marble everywhere; and great international food!! The menu comes in a tablet!!! I tried the Carbonara meat...it was really good, and before I ordered an amazing Salmon and Quinoa salad; food was so good as the Belgium beer I ordered (not cheap at all).

Reviewed 5 April 2015

Came here for a meal and had the Kobe burger. Was very good (a bit buttery) and the chips it came with were nice - the only issue for one of us was that the burger were quite rare (which I liked but my mate didn´t). We were given olives and bread while we waited and there was good service and it was quite quick. Nice night

Reviewed 5 April 2015

My wife and I visited the Amazon Bistro the week before last. It had a great ambiance and a nice vibe but we did not have a positive experience with the food or service. We waited a long time for service and when I got my sandwich it did not smell good. A person seated at the bar came over apparently the owner or perhaps the manager and he offered great customer service in offering something else. He also said he was having a bad night due to a cook and a server not showing up.

So...take my review with a grain of salt but for us, for the one night we visited, it was not at all good except the owner or manager offered good customer service.

Reviewed 11 March 2015 via mobile

Croque-Monsieur to best French standards. Drinks? Caipirinha to best Brazilian standards, Service? To best Peruvian standards of courtesy and amiability, As an extra, a Belgian Bande Dessinée to read (in Anglo, approx = comics), called Spirou. Nice décor inside, space outside to be with friends and relax in the evening. But definitely more burgers than local dishes.

Reviewed 10 March 2015 via mobile

This well-appointed cafe situated on the waterfront may not feature local or traditional Peruvian dishes but has a lot of character and a relaxing dining area. It's the closest one can get to a Parisian cafe in Iquitos and indeed French radio is played there most mornings to accompany the home made croissants. The menu has a lot of new dishes mostly inspired to French, British or American cuisine. Free wifi. It would be excellent if they offered some local dishes too.