All reviews omelette station coca leaves plaza de armas coca tea machu picchu close to main square big room stayed at this hotel for nights king bed quiet street hotel is located pleasant stay comfortable beds third floor buffet breakfast altitude sickness wi fi
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This place caters to tourists and is nice and quiet. Cute spoken with nice furnishings. Good bed and shower. Nice included breakfast with lots of fruit. Staff is friendly and helpful to tourists with excellent English

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We stayed only one night after returning from Machu Picchu. The rooms were spotless and comfortable, free coca tea was available in the lobby, and the delicious full breakfast buffet included. The only negative comment I can make is that the rooms we had were right behind the front desk so as we tried to sleep late we heard all of the activity of the lobby and desk. But the plus side of these room, which I think were 109, 110, and 111, was that these rooms had bath tubs. Some people in our party specifically wanted a soaking tub after a day at Machu Picchu.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 June 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at the Taypikala Cusco hotel. The place is walking distance to Plaza de Armas and the surrounding restaurants, bars and shops. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Coca leaves and oxygen tanks are on offer at the lobby for those who are having issues with the altitude. I tried the former, but not the latter. Rooms are very clean and feature authentic Peruvian décor. All in all, I recommend the place and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location in the heart of Cusco, and comfy beds, but the hotel is a bit a bit tired, and compared with everywhere else we stayed in while in Peru, isn't as clean as it could be. In particular the dining room was grubby around the edges, the tablecloths were far from pristine, and the couches needed a good scrub.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2017

The location of the hotel is perfect. It's close to the Plaza de Armas, only about a 5 minute walk, yet secluded enough to provide a quiet and peaceful nights rest. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The price per night based on similar hotels cannot be beat. My room had all the amenities one could require, satellite tv with movie channels, wifi, albeit extremely slow, on site laundry service, on site restaurant, great buffet breakfast, and extremely clean facilities. My room and bathroom were impeccably clean.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo