Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
CulturalTravelGuide
Bogotá, Colombia.

Specifically about tours offered by the Hostal Qosqo

Review of Qosqo Hostal
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Oct 2016
I stayed in this Hostal 15 years ago while on a budget adventure with a friend and knew their service.

This time around my husband and I wanted to stay at a fancier hotel. But when we started researching our tours we found that (unlike the Hostal Qosqo) our fancy hotel did not arrange tours for us, but instead sent us to a different tour company.

Also, tours were quite expensive. Based on my previous experience, we decided to contact Hostal Qosqo to book our tours. Hostal Qosqo offers better prices and I'm nearly certain that the experience is at least as good as other tour companies.

Nely and Vilma from the Hostal helped us coordinate everything, they would send drivers to pick us up at our hotel and the right time, and when we arrived to the Hostal, they allowed us to make use of their lobby, wifi, bathroom and even offered us mate de coca and breakfast (though I don't recommend their breakfast). They also helped us call taxis back to our hotel every night (they work with a trusted taxi company). Also, their locatin is unbeatable.

We booked the City Tour, the Sacred Valle + Machu Picchu tour and the Sacred Valley South tour.

When an unexpected strike made it impossible to follow our original plans for the Sacred Valle tour, Nely and Vilma scrambled to offer us the best possible alternative, and we got an even greater value with this new tour.

City Tour can be about 30 people, but all the other tours are about 15-18 people in a van.

The Machu Picchu tour included a private tour with a fantastic guide, just for my husband and I, which was an awesome surprise since we expected it to be with a few more people.

Nely and Wilma were very patient with me, with all of my questions and the nearly 20 emails we exchanged before booking.

I still recommend Hostal Qosqo for their tours, they're a fantastic value, the staff is great and very helpful, I recommended them 15 years ago, and I recommend them today.

(Secret tip: To the left of the Hostal there's a tiny money exchange office, I've always used them and got a good rate.)
Date of stay: September 2016
Room Tip: I didn't stay this time, only used their tours.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$445
    AU$566
0.6 km from Qosqo Hostal
View more hotels in Cusco
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2016

An amazing location, close to everything. Very simple but has everything you need. My room was comfortable though my friends did complain about the noise on rooms near the street end. You have to go upstairs to a second floor to reach the hostel which may seem like nothing but with the altitude sickness thing you feel the loss of breath every time. The staff was polite and helped with restaurants reservations. I would prefer a better breakfast therefore the 3 star.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Meru24
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Large room, squeaky clean bathroom. Little balcony overlooking a busy street, but offering good views. Perfect for people watching and relaxing. Friendly, helpful staff. Great place to rest and explore after Machu Picchu. I would gladly recommend this hostal!

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Simple little hotel that ticks all the boxes. Centrally located 2 minutes walk from the Plaza Da Armas. Nice neat room with modern tv. Hot water for shower and taxi booking service was on time. A great stop for a few nights on a tight budget.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 15 January 2016

Good value for money, central location close to shops- banks-markets in the main square, bed comfort the rooms are small, laundry service, regular breakfast, the best the very friendly personal attention.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2015

We stayed here for 3 separate nights as part of a tour package. Each time we had shower troubles - no cold water or the water totally shutting off in the middle of a shower. Mildew is a given but one time the room smelled so much of mildew that we asked for a room change and were switched to the only other available room. Unfortunately this room was next to room where the water was controlled for the building so all night long the pipes banged (think slamming doors). The staff are very nice but the facilities are poor.

Date of stay: November 2015