Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Matt_Hosken
Los Angeles, California

Charming Cusco Hotel

Review of Del Prado Inn
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Oct 2017
The Del Prado Inn is certainly not the Hilton or the Ritz, but it is incredibly charming and welcoming. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Location is literally right off the Plaza de Armas and super central. Rooms are cute and about what you'd expect. My room, in particular, had the quintessential Spanish balcony overlooking the street.
Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this review
Responded 13 Oct 2017
Dear customer:

Thank you very much for your stay and kindness
    AU$329
    AU$612
0.6 km from Del Prado Inn
Room service
View more hotels in Cusco
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Great location and extremely helpful at reception. We would stay again. Highly recommended. Clean tidy room, excellent English and very authentic meals and restaurant. Is on north east side of main plaza with great restaurant, 'Pappilion' next door.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

We appreciate you coming to Cuzco, thank you very much for selecting us, and hope to cater you and your friends in the future,

We will welcome you with open arms, ready to serve

Thanks Again

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel that lies to your face. Concelled thru Expedia as flight was delayed. Booked personally to stay next day for 2 nights instead. Assured the Expedia fee was refunded...never did. Beware as they never answer their phone or emails. Kinda loud location.

Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

I am not sure who you are, we had no customer Bpoerker or any name with any part of the handle, if we are advised a flight delay we honor the reservation even if we never been advised timely by email or phone assuming the customer can prove that the delay in the departing airport would have been for an airline delay not a personal choice.

We keep your room all day, regardless of late arrival, now if you would show next day, we will honor your reservation, although a no show charge can be assessed if there was no communication from you or your agents, you must consider that the room no used has been unnecessarily left not rented, with the corresponding loss of our income.

Never the less, if you kindly give me your name, invoices, dates and flight cancellation info, I will gladly refund the unused nigh that may have been changed, of course you could have first send an email before giving a bad review, please email to mel@delpradoinn.com.

We normally allow cancellation with no charge from Expedia, a no cancellation is definitely a no-show charge, any hotel would have done it.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

The location is wonderful because it's really close to the "Plaza de Armas", the very central square in the city. It's not luxurious but it's clean, has a very good breakfast, a wonderful and super pro-active staff and is really, really safe in case you need to leave your luggage for any reason ( and it happens depending on the the type of visit planned to Machu Pichu).

Date of stay: June 2017
Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you very much for your visit, we promise to always cater to all your needs, please visit Us Again.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Excellent hotel practically on the Plaza de Armes. Very clean and comfortable rooms (we have been there twice in two different rooms).
Staff is very friendly especially Carlos who went out of his way to help us with any minor issue. Tidy and comfortable bathroom and full fresh breakfast – what else can you ask for.
Only caveat is that it might get noisy at the weekend evenings when partygoers are roaming this narrow alley and the dance clubs around. We didn’t mind but if you need quiet – ask for a back side room or consider a quieter location.

Room tip: Ask for a back side room or consider a quieter location. if you dont mind the noise take the front room with view to the plaza.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Very appreciated for our stay, I hope you can come gain, we are always with our arms open to welcome you

Thanks again

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I booked the Del Prado because it seemed close to the centre of Cusco, and would be convenient that way.

The hotel is on a narrow inclined street (Calle Suecia) near the Plaza de Armas. The taxi had to drop customers off nearby because there is no vehicle access, and then it is a walk of about 200 metres.

Checkin was prompt.

There is an elevator to the second floor. My room was modest but not cramped. There was a television. The bathroom and shower seemed fine.

There was a typical Peruvian injunction to not put toilet paper in the toilet, which is necessary because of the weak state of infrastructure in most parts of the country. Similarly, drinking bottled water and using the same for brushing your teeth is a must, because tapwater is not appropriate for drinking.

There is a basic breakfast buffet. There are eggs, cheese, some meats, fruit, etc. I had some fruit, and some Andean-style cereals. Although I'm not sure what these were exactly, they were very good and I went back for more.

The coffee was lukewarm on the first day, and hotter thereafter. Apparently it is common practice to make a syrup based on instant coffee and then make 'coffee' from that. The coffee did not taste that good, at least compared to what I am used to. I admit to being picky about coffee. Eventually I gave up on the coffee and went elsewhere for that.

The online reviews mentioned that there was a noise problem at night, and that turned out to be the case. When I checked in I mentioned the issue. The person at the front desk said he would give me a room with a balcony, as if that had anything to do with noise - see picture of view from balcony.

I suffered through two nights of loud thumping throbbing 'disco' music emanating from next door, from 11 p.m. to around 4 a.m. Realizing that there was no prospect of improvement I requested a different room and was moved across the hall. This room had a different layout but was fine in that regard. I do not know if there are other rooms that are as bad as my original one, or this is the only one.

I found that the disco bangers were still somewhat audible but not too intrusive, and I could sleep. I used earplugs, which help but do not eliminate all noise.

The room wireless was inconsistent and not very functional in my first room, although better in the second, and good in the lobby area.

I am giving Del Prado Inn three stars. I would have been willing to go for four because the place was basically pretty good, and conveniently located. But they knowingly put me in a room that was problematic - perhaps hoping that I wouldn't say anything.

So, if you book a stay here and are put in room 203, please keep in mind that the balcony will not help you with the noise, and hence caveat emptor as they say in Latin class.

Room tip: Ask for room away from noise!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

It maybe better to get room in the north part of the building when available, since the noise reduction wall are more robust.
The WiFi would not have been the problem but the internet service in Cusco is unreliable no matter where in tow you are located, our modems and router are high USA quality,, we are sorry you got the inconsistent WiFi,
When arriving you must insist the taxi driver to go around and drop you in the door, they are laisy, but they can drive around and come from the north all the way to the door of the hotel, I am sure when you requested pickup they would have come to the door.
Our coffee is local grown coffee, and it may have been out of taste, and I personally get involve in improving the quality, sorry about your dislike.
Overall I am sorry you could not rate us with 4 stars, but we work and will work harder to get every guest 100% of our best
Thank you for visiting Us.