Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
EttyDr
Chicago, IL

Excellent hotel on the Plaza de Armes

Review of Del Prado Inn
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 June 2017
Excellent hotel practically on the Plaza de Armes. Very clean and comfortable rooms (we have been there twice in two different rooms).
Staff is very friendly especially Carlos who went out of his way to help us with any minor issue. Tidy and comfortable bathroom and full fresh breakfast – what else can you ask for.
Only caveat is that it might get noisy at the weekend evenings when partygoers are roaming this narrow alley and the dance clubs around. We didn’t mind but if you need quiet – ask for a back side room or consider a quieter location.
Date of stay: May 2017
Room Tip: Ask for a back side room or consider a quieter location. if you dont mind the noise take the...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this review
Responded 4 July 2017
Very appreciated for our stay, I hope you can come gain, we are always with our arms open to welcome you

Thanks again

AU$19
  • eDreams
0.8 km from Del Prado Inn
View more hotels in Cusco
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I booked the Del Prado because it seemed close to the centre of Cusco, and would be convenient that way.

The hotel is on a narrow inclined street (Calle Suecia) near the Plaza de Armas. The taxi had to drop customers off nearby because there is no vehicle access, and then it is a walk of about 200 metres.

Checkin was prompt.

There is an elevator to the second floor. My room was modest but not cramped. There was a television. The bathroom and shower seemed fine.

There was a typical Peruvian injunction to not put toilet paper in the toilet, which is necessary because of the weak state of infrastructure in most parts of the country. Similarly, drinking bottled water and using the same for brushing your teeth is a must, because tapwater is not appropriate for drinking.

There is a basic breakfast buffet. There are eggs, cheese, some meats, fruit, etc. I had some fruit, and some Andean-style cereals. Although I'm not sure what these were exactly, they were very good and I went back for more.

The coffee was lukewarm on the first day, and hotter thereafter. Apparently it is common practice to make a syrup based on instant coffee and then make 'coffee' from that. The coffee did not taste that good, at least compared to what I am used to. I admit to being picky about coffee. Eventually I gave up on the coffee and went elsewhere for that.

The online reviews mentioned that there was a noise problem at night, and that turned out to be the case. When I checked in I mentioned the issue. The person at the front desk said he would give me a room with a balcony, as if that had anything to do with noise - see picture of view from balcony.

I suffered through two nights of loud thumping throbbing 'disco' music emanating from next door, from 11 p.m. to around 4 a.m. Realizing that there was no prospect of improvement I requested a different room and was moved across the hall. This room had a different layout but was fine in that regard. I do not know if there are other rooms that are as bad as my original one, or this is the only one.

I found that the disco bangers were still somewhat audible but not too intrusive, and I could sleep. I used earplugs, which help but do not eliminate all noise.

The room wireless was inconsistent and not very functional in my first room, although better in the second, and good in the lobby area.

I am giving Del Prado Inn three stars. I would have been willing to go for four because the place was basically pretty good, and conveniently located. But they knowingly put me in a room that was problematic - perhaps hoping that I wouldn't say anything.

So, if you book a stay here and are put in room 203, please keep in mind that the balcony will not help you with the noise, and hence caveat emptor as they say in Latin class.

Room tip: Ask for room away from noise!
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

It maybe better to get room in the north part of the building when available, since the noise reduction wall are more robust.
The WiFi would not have been the problem but the internet service in Cusco is unreliable no matter where in tow you are located, our modems and router are high USA quality,, we are sorry you got the inconsistent WiFi,
When arriving you must insist the taxi driver to go around and drop you in the door, they are laisy, but they can drive around and come from the north all the way to the door of the hotel, I am sure when you requested pickup they would have come to the door.
Our coffee is local grown coffee, and it may have been out of taste, and I personally get involve in improving the quality, sorry about your dislike.
Overall I am sorry you could not rate us with 4 stars, but we work and will work harder to get every guest 100% of our best
Thank you for visiting Us.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Four points that I'll leave you with.

1. Read the other reviews; its right next to a club that blasts music all night. Then the people pour out into the street in front of the hotel to make more noise.

2. The entire 2nd floor smelled of cigarette smoke. Someone was smoking and it made its way into our drafty room. As you're trying to acclimate to this elevation, this sure doesn't help.

3. At this elevation the nights get very cold. There's no heating and the rooms are very drafty.

4. In our room (202) there was no hot water in the shower and the water literally just dribbled out of the shower head.

This is by FAR the WORST hotel we've stayed at during this vacation. There has to be better choices nearby. Buyer beware.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Winemixer
Reviewed 20 April 2017

You can't sleep here. Period. There is a club next door that has blaring, pumping, earth-shaking music from approximately 11:30PM-4:30AM. The first night, we didn't sleep at all because we were directly facing the street. We went to the desk and asked to be moved to a back room, which they did do, admitting the noise is an ongoing problem--but even in the back of the hotel, the noise (even on *easter sunday*!) was so intolerable we ended up with headphones on playing white noise to even get a few hours.
It's unfortunate, because the hotel itself is cute, affordable on a cobble side street with local charm, the staff friendly, the breakfast buffet good, the rooms above budget average. It is ideally planted right off of the main plaza and all the action of Cuzco. I really hope management takes up the issue of the disruption with the local "tourist police."

Room tip: make sure the room does not face the street
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank EsmaTravels
Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Very sorry about the noise, next time please ask for a room away from the sotuh wall, its a nigh club that will close soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Del Prado is located just off the square, and on line, it looks really nice. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and accomodating but:

Our standard room was extremely small. We asked for a better room, which we got, but it was still small, with 2 single beds. The room had no windows, save for a small slit that was too high to see out of. There was no temperature control, so you got the temperature that they gave you. The beds were both noisy. Everytime either of us moved they creaked and cracked. But the worst thing was the noise. The hotel is located on a dead-end street next to 2 discos that play loud Salsa music until abouty 3:30 AM, We barely slept all night because of it. I think there are lots of better places to stay for about the same money. Maybe not quite as convenient, but you'll sleep better. If you HAVE to stay there, be sure you get a room in the back of the hotel.

Room tip: Pick a room in the back of the hotel to get away from the disco music in the front of the hotel
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

I am sorry we were not able to satisfy you,let me address your issues;
a) Noise: It is a nigthclib that we are activly suing to get them closee, since they follow no rules in keeping the decibel below the standards, the city goverment is doing the same, although with legal trick they been able to remain open, we hope to get them close as soon as possible, the city police shows up when there is a complain from our guests ans attempts to get the sound level reduced, and we get that lower some how.
b) Bed size, room size, they are to international standard, end we do accommodate our customers the best possible even if we need to rhabilitate an extra room free of charge, when possible,
c) Windows, some of our rooms have windows to the exterior, all have a window to the interior, some have balcony, all depends of the time and availability, sorry you did not get some thing that will please you 100%, but we promise to make it better you are welcome to come back with 50% discount, and we will make your stay 100% better.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

This place is near a club and they do get loud. However, you can down it out with AC or fan. I was on second floor but asked for fourth due to malfunction with AC which was fixed asap. This Inn has one of the best staff I've met. Having traveled all my life and to over 25 countries, that days a lot. They are quick to help and give suggestions. Plus, it's located in a great area to restaurants, shopping, and sites. The noise is being worked on, it's a struggle for all inns in this area.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Mel N, Manager at Del Prado Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2017