Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kris P
Yonkers, New York

Best hotel in Cusco!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 June 2021via mobile
Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff. The rooms were well appointed with a comfy bed and amazing views. The bathroom is nice as well. It's about a 15 minute walk to Plaza De Armas which is the main square. You won't find a better hotel in town.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 28 June 2021
Dear 863krisp

We thank you for your comments and qualifications, we are very happy to know that you had a pleasant stay and of course we look forward to your soon return.

Have a great week.
0.6 km from Sonesta Hotel Cusco
Room service
View more hotels in Cusco
5,133 results
All reviews great hotel breakfast buffet machu picchu the main square recommend this hotel minute walk comfortable hotel high altitude sacred valley plaza de armas bread luggage tour coca soles oxygen trek
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2021

The service was overall impeccable! Very clean room and comfortable beds. Breakfast was healthy, tasty, and plenty. My only suggestion is to add ceiling fans and access to more English-speaking channels.

Date of stay: May 2021
Adriana Mendoza, General Manager at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your preference and the opportunity to share it with the Tripadvisor community. We are happy to know that our services have met your expectations and of course our biosafety processes.
We consider your suggestions and it will always be a pleasure to welcome you back to our facilities.

Receive a cordial greeting,

Reviewed 26 January 2021

nights in Sonesta Cusco, the people really takes care of the rules against Covid-.19,they always check the staff, the customers, they look for social distance, all the team wear masks.

We felt very safe at the hotel during our stay in Cusco.

We will come back some day !

Room tip: If you want to have a very good sleep nights, do not take the rooms near the avenue in front of.
Date of stay: January 2021
Gustavo Parada, General Manager at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2021

Dear guest
Thank you very much for choosing us. We are happy to know that your experience was memorable, our staff is highly committed to the biosecurity of our guests in order to provide them with a safe experience, we hope you are very well and of course that you return on a new occasion, for us it will be a pleasure for your visit.

Regards

Reviewed 14 November 2020 via mobile

I highly recommend staying at this hotel. They were very accommodating, it has a perfect central location and the breakfast included was excellent. It’s easy to walk to the restaurants and shops. The rooms were very nice and spacious.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank jaudet2000
Gustavo Parada, General Manager at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2020

Dear guest,

We are very grateful for your excellent comments, it will always be a pleasure for us to be at your disposal and service.
Indeed, adapting to the new reality we have considered all the details to provide the same qualified service as always in rooms, breakfast.
Thank you very much for your preference, we hope to see you back very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2020

This hotel was part of the tour package lodging and we were to stay there before going onto to our trip to visit Machu Picchu. Unfortunately before going to that hisorical site we were under lock down by the Peruvian Government due to Coronavirus. We were very lucky to be a guest at this hotel. They provided us with a balcony room and brought up chairs and a small table for the balcony. No request was too small and always met with a warm and cheerful smile. The cost of the lodging was very resonable and included a very nice breakfast for two. They hosted a special lunch for under 10 dollars US that included an selection of 4 or more apptizers, a selection of 4 - 5 entrees (Steak, Fish, Chicken, Pork and Vegiterian) and a dessert.

They advised us when we had to go out for pharamcy, bank or market as to what to bring and wear (masks & gloves) and a hand basket. They did their best to make us comfortable.

We would definately request to go back there if we again visit Cusco.

Room tip: Ask for Balcony overlooking the Park.
Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank dbaizel
Gustavo P, Manager at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2020

Dear guest,

Your comments are very valuable to us. We sincerely hope that you are very well at this time and with your family.
We will continue to reinvent ourselves to provide you with the best service, so we hope that there is always a new opportunity for a next visit.

Thank you very much for your preference, we will always be attentive to your future requests.

Regards,

Reviewed 21 March 2020

Sonesta Hotel Cusco February 22nd 04:54 am room 226.
My wife wakes me to the sound of an alarm. “What’s this sound?” she asks. “It’s a fire alarm! We have to get out of here now!!!”
The time to get dressed we’re the first one out of our room. Following the sign “Salida” we turn right towards the emergency exit. First door opens to a full light staircase. My wife goes down first. When she reaches the bottom she pushes on the panic bar... the door doesn’t open! I tell her “Just push on the bar it’s a panic bar!”. She pushes again the emergency door won’t budge. I take her place and push on the panic bar... it stays locked. I give 3 kicks on the panic bar. Nothing happens the emergency door is locked solid. ”We have to go back up!” I tell her. Back up a flight of stairs we rush passed our room to the next staircase available... it’s pitch black... no lights at all!!! I tell my wife to go down as I wait to tell other people coming out of their room not to take the emergency exits because it’s locked! I make my way downstair, main level next to the restaurant, to be told that it is a false alarm... there is no fire.
Fire alarm rang and the firemen never showed up...

This is crazy, had there been a fire we could have been trapped in that emergency exit and died. So I go to the front desk and I talked to Moises. I ask him to see the manager to tell him about the deficiencies concerning the emergency exit and the lack of lighting in the staircase. Of course he’s not there a this time so I asked for his name: “Mr. Gustavo Parada“.
A bit before 09:00 am I ask for Mr. Parada. Still not there, so I take an appointment with him and go on with visiting Cusco.

Back to the hotel in the afternoon after visiting and dining: Mr. Parada joins us with a translator and his head of security.
He asks me to relate to him what happened and I do so. After my explanation he asks me to join them as we go a check the emergency exit. As we get to the corridor of our room I notice that the door leading to the emergency staircase/exit is wide open... bizarre. We all go down the emergency staircase once at the bottom Mr Parada pushes the panic bar and the door smoothly opens...! Apparently I dreamt all this. Not wanting to argue, my word against his, I decide to let it go.

As I get back down to the lobby there’s a commotion, people are upset. One of our fellow Indus traveller as seen workers fixing the emergency exit in the morning.
Back to Mr. Parada and his people then. My first question to him is: “ Why did you make a fool of me a few minutes ago!” and more to the point “ Why are you playing with the life of your guests?” He tells me that he didn’t make a fool of me and that is was a false alarm and nothing came of it. A big 10 minute argument in the lobby of the hotel ensues. At no time did Mr.Parada admitted any wrong doing on his part. Like I told him: “While you were sleeping we might have been burning”. I leave him to his own device and go back to my room with my wife.

After a few minutes in our room we decide to go have a drink at the hotel bar to put this unbelievable event behind us... as I open the door Mr. Parada is again there. He wants me to send an email to his boss and home office explaining what as happened. I tell him that honesty would have been a better policy from the start instead of playing us for fool. That’s when he slipped. He tells it was a mistake, somebody push the latch... Not only there’s a latch on the emergency exit there’s also a deadbolt!!! (See pictures.) This is completely illegal in North America. I don’t know the law in Peru but I’m sure it’s against the fire code. They probably did that, latch and deadbolt, as a cost saving measure to stop people from the street to enter the hotel at the expense of the safety of their guests!!!
Overall I feel that by their actions the Sonesta chain and especially Mr. Gustavo Parada were criminally negligent concerning the good health of their guest as he knew that the emergency exit was locked by a latch or deadbolt. Moreover they tried to hide the facts when confronted by guests and make them look like fools when they could have been in mortal danger. Not really transparent or professional behaviour.

Do not stay there if you value your life! I might be the real deal the next time...

I’m asking Indus Travel to cease any business with such dangerous and irresponsible people.

Ps:Cusco firemen never showed up...

Eric Marton

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank cire57
Gustavo P, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta Hotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2020

Dear Mr. Marton,

I would like to begin by once again offering our apologies for the inconvenience that this unfortunate situation has caused in your stay, which is totally understandable, as it generated in you a sense of lack of security within our hotel, this due to a false alarm of fire that was irresponsibly activated by another guest.

We have assumed this situation with great responsibility, which allows us to know that certain processes must be rigorously and permanently evaluated in the company of our Security Department, to prevent situations like yours from repeating themselves in a new opportunity.

Internally, we made an evaluation (assessment) of what happened and we met with the staff involved, with whom we carried out the necessary corrections in the application of their processes, in addition, the corresponding call for attention and immediate retraining was made to improve these processes. Also, we share their experience with all areas of internal service and customer service to involve them in this process and to be all attentive to any situation that arises.

The incident presented on February 22, was caused by the intentional action of a guest who was in our restaurant, who pulled the fire lever and caused the alarm to activate immediately. This action was reversed as soon as it was detected by our Night Auditor and the Security Department; reason for which there was no basis to alert the firefighters and neither to request their presence, due to the fact that a false alarm was filed.

I would also like to reaffirm that our main commitment to our guests, staff and other visitors is and always will be to provide them with a service with the appropriate standards and that meets their expectations and their safety, which is why we regret not having provided the necessary measures and verification in this important departure area (emergency exit), especially in the event of a real emergency.

We appeal to your understanding and consider that our company works hard to meet all standards of care and protection for our guests. We carry out constant security campaigns and evacuation drills in any risky situation, but we clearly understand that this incident will allow us to be even more thorough.

At the request of our General Manager, I extend our sincere apologies, as, at the time, he was not offered an adequate technical explanation of the incident and the intention to express his concern about what happened was not clearly transmitted.

We reiterate our gratitude for having contacted us and we thank you for your kind understanding of what happened, hoping to be able to serve you again to your satisfaction on an upcoming visit to the city.

Adriana Mendoza Vega