Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Joutishman
Guwahati, India

Charming Heritage Hotel in Great location, with Great Staff!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Feb 2020
Its a heritage hotel being set up in a old Spanish villa/bungalow. the central courtyard is very charming and right out of a movie set.
The hotel is the middle of the historical district and a few steps away from the main cusco town square. A great place to walk around and see the charming Cusco town.
The staff has been the highlight of the hotel. We reached early from an overnight trip and very graciously they gave our room hours before check in. Without that we would have had a very hard time.
We were also feeling little sick due to the altitude and the hotel has made arrangements even for oxygen and also there is cocoa tea ready for all the guests.
The staff were always helpful helping with the taxi and tours and all possible guidance. We booked the Machu Pichu tour from the hotel agency. It was perfectly coordinated and we had an excellent trip, I would really recommend the travel desk.

We had few meals in the hotel just to enjoy the courtyard. The food was quite good and we enjoyed our meals.
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Victor C, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Cusco, responded to this review
Responded 28 Feb 2020
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Cusco.

AU$257
0.2 km from Hotel Novotel Cusco
Room service
View more hotels in Cusco
2,144 results
All reviews glass roof the main square new section breakfast buffet historic building hotel is in a great location beautiful courtyard town square plaza de armas stayed here for nights few blocks lobby altitude tour loft carlos trek
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2020

We had a recommendation for the hotel and it exceeded or expectations. The accommodations are great and reasonable priced. Service is the best, they get out of their way to assist you, with enthusiasm. Kudos to all staff, in particular for Matthew, the chef, and the main waitress at dinner, who were extremely helpful.

1  Thank MATBM
Victor C, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2020

Dear Mr Mat,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Cusco.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, specially with Mathew. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 20 January 2020 via mobile

This is a well located hotel which has been converted out of the merchants house and it retains a lot of the original features
We had a room in the colonial area which has a lot of character but was a bit dark and it was disappointing that there wasn’t any air-conditioning in it
The staff were very nice and the breakfast was okay
The only thing that was really offputting was that most of the day they played Peruvian pipe music which after a while got on my nerves

1  Thank Tim C

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review and advise of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2020

Just because I have mistakenly selected 1 people staying (probably a default setting and I forgot to change to 2 people) at the time of booking, and I came with 2 people, the hotel charged me 33 USD per people per night, which was way more expensive than the price difference between 1 and 2 people if I have booked it online. Also I could not change the number of people of the booking online. So the only way out was to let the hotel charge me 33USD for 4 nights, which was totally not worthy.

Also I was charged some 30 USD hours after I have checked out, without sending me any email or giving any receipt explaining what that was (they did not even ask if I want a receipt when I checked out).

The WIFI connection was exceptionally bad which kept disconnected even I was using it. I had to re-connect to it every time I pick up my phone, which was very annoying.

The overall level of service had failed my past Novotel brand experience and I was extremely dissatisfied.

Given the overpriced extra guest fee, consider the 5 star JW Marriott right next to it a much better option.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
4  Thank keiziroi
Victor C, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Dear Mr Kai Chi Loi,
We want to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. We have reviewed the payments made and during your check-in a pre-authorization was taken only for the accommodation. On the day of your check out this guarantee was confirmed plus the additional bed charges. After your check out we do not register any additional charges. Please if you have an extra charge let us know so we can check what was the problem.
Your comments are very important to us as they allow us to improve our service.
Rest assured that we will take corrective measures.
Best Regards,
Juan Tapia Laguna

Reviewed 6 January 2020 via mobile

This hotel is very basic. Don't expect any luxuries. However, the location is great and very central. It even has a nice center courtyard which is pretty. The room is basic (like a 3 star) but comfortable. I found the bed too small for 2 people. Even the breakfast spread is very basic, ordinary and limited. We stayed there during New Years so ended up paying 200 USD per night which was not at all worth. It's more like worth 90-100 USD per night.

3  Thank karangoenka
Victor C, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Cusco. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 27 December 2019 via mobile

We stayed 1 night at this property after we got back from Machu Picchu in the evening.

Check-in was very slow. Waited for close to 30 minutes due to only one staff was working and a few guests were ahead of me. After the check-in was complete, I asked the staff to send slippers to the room but he didn’t understand what I was saying. I had to use hand gestures and then he understood and told me they didn’t provide.

Breakfast was not as good compared to JW Marriott next door. Not as many options and not as good quality.

Because we were celebrating anniversary, hotel prepared a plate of chocolates and card. It was a nice gesture, considering this property was priced at a much lower rate than JW Marriott.

Date of stay: September 2019
3  Thank punamo
Victor C, Manager at Hotel Novotel Cusco, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2019

Dear Mr Punamo,