Open today: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm

Book in advance
from
AU$61.49
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Cochahuasi Animal Sanctuary
from AU$61.49
from AU$15.41
from AU$88.93
from AU$55.48
More Info
All reviews woven goods animals vicuna condor wool bird
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2023

I expected this experience to be fantastic, based on past reviews, but it is so much more than that. Albert is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his work and the animals, and we learned a huge amount from him. It is clear that he has a mutual trust and respect with the animals and birds in his care, and he is doing everything to provide them with the best lives possible.
We were given lots of time to spend close to the birds and animals, learning about them and taking pictures. We saw the beautiful pumas and wildcats being fed. I loved the spectacled bears, and my highlight was the condors flying so close above us that one even touched my head with his enormous wing, an Incan blessing Albert said. I can’t put into words how special it felt to go around seeing all the wonderful rescued animals and birds with Albert - you will just have to go and see for yourself. I’m sure you will take away many special memories with you too!

Date of experience: September 2023
Reviewed 19 August 2023

This is a great place to stop between Cusco and the Sacred Valley. My husband and I visited with our three sons. My sons who love animals were absolutely smitten--they loved feeding and petting the alpacas & llamas plus seeing the adorable animals (monkeys, turtles, bobcats, condors, etc.) You can only walk through the sanctuary with a guide, and our guide was fabulous--giving us enough time with each animal and enough individual information about each one. My middle son and husband were skeptical that they'd enjoy this stop, but both ended up loving it.

Date of experience: August 2023
Reviewed 28 July 2023 via mobile

Beautiful place where they take good care of the animals.
Caring people that do an excellent job!.
25 min drive from down town Cusco

Reviewed 24 July 2023 via mobile

Great experience. You can see the animals, know their history, and even interact with some, like llamas and alpacas. The people at the sanctuary are doing a great job nursing them and returning some into the wild. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2023

I'm so glad we found this place. I noticed on the map between Cusco and Pisac and my kids love animals so it seemed worth a visit. It was a great way to spend a few hours. We did a VIP tour and had the chance to feed some of the animals. I get that some reviewers worry about whether the animals are returned to wild or not, and I can't comment on that, but what I did see was content, well cared for animals that had space to roam. It was not at all like a zoo, and the setting was lovely. Kids really enjoyed it.

Date of experience: July 2023