“Nice French-Peruvian Cafe with Good Salads, Sandwiches & Juices”

Patricia Valer Ugarte
Ranked #12 of 60 Coffee & Tea in Cusco
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We had a lunch of salads and sandwiches at El Cafe Mama Oli, as it is known. My companions got more typically French fare, while I got a typical Peruvian salad that included avocado, potato, and fresh salad vegetables. The food was good, although it was a little slow in coming, even though they weren't very busy at the time. They also offered lots of different juices and smoothies. The prices were reasonable, although still typical of tourist prices in Cusco. The location was a lovely spot on a small plaza next to the Pre-Colombian Museum, not far from the main plaza or San Blas.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This review is not about food, but about the cheating of the staff. I ordered one of the deliciously sounded juice mixes to take away. The volume was claimed to be 500 ml in the menu card (big letters), but i had doubts. I asked the waitress once again and she reconfirmed with no hesitation.
Later in the hotel I checked the paper cup with the 630 ml water bottle (see the pic). There was 350 ml max in the cup!

Well, without those false claims I would have been ok with my order, but this small unnecessary cheating is just annoying. And also, this is not a market stand, this is a place pretending to be cosy and nice.

Shame on you guys.

Mama Oli C, Propietario at Patricia Valer Ugarte, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Please do not think that Latin Americans seek to abuse their customers. Our own experience of service here is that most locals will go to great lengths to please. And as an international café, with foreign staff (both my husband and myself are French) we have always been particularly concerned that our customers leave with a beaming smile.
I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your order, as we were not properly equipped for take-aways when you came. We will be happy to offer you a complimentary juice should you visit again, or refund your purchase to your PayPal account.
best regards
Patricia

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped by to have juice and cake. Banana cake was delicious, they put chocolate inside and the sponge was very soft and moist. It wasn't too sweet at all.

For the juice, we ordered mango, passion and orange juice. It was fresh and nothing was not concentrated.

Really recommend this place

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

The food and drink is very good at Cafe de Mamá Ol.

I was looking for something filling for lunch. I was very pleased with the selection available. I loved the smoothie. It was delicious.

The waitress was helpful.

My food arrived promptly allowing me to continue my sightseeing later.

The atmosphere at Cafe de Mamá Ol is relaxing and convivial. It's a great place to dine with friends.

The view of Plazoleta Las Nazarenas is quite pleasing.

I can recommend Cafe de Mamá Ol.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

A great little cafe located across the plaza from the Monasterio Hotel. It is quaint, relaxing and the food is fresh and good.

Mama Oli C, Propietario at Patricia Valer Ugarte, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you. Welcome back!