Open today: 6:00 am - 6:00 pm

Book in advance
from
AU$90.63
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Mercado Central de San Pedro
from AU$90.63
More Info
from AU$90.63
More Info
2,071 results
All reviews food stalls great market chicken soup big market vendors selling ceviche souvenirs soles pickpockets bargaining clothing merchants browse fabric textiles lima
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2024

This place offers a big variety where you can buy many interesting things like spices, souvenirs, local products and eat luch

Reviewed 25 March 2024 via mobile

You can spend lots of time to Go to all places - the market is very spread out in many streets - all Kinds of Food clothes - uoull find your bargain - ask for Chester prices its a Must

Date of experience: March 2024
Reviewed 1 March 2024

Spend a few hours at this market and you will have an incredible Peruvian experience. I am a big fruit lover, and a lot of the fruits sold in this market cannot be found in local stores. I brought a lot of cash with me and went crazy buying everything that I wanted to try in Peru, and I did not regret it. The prices are not necessarily cheap, I find them expensive, but it’s a once in a lifetime experience. I also sat down and had a nice fruit smoothie at one of the stalls, which was absolutely delicious however, the beverage was not cold. They sell a variety of things from groceries to meat to fish the fruits, vegetables, and dried goods. I found the dried goods looking very interesting and next time I think I will focus more on buying that. I also saw a lot of lovely, souvenirs and authentic Peruvian products , and again next time I will come back with a large suitcase to bring back gifts to friends and family. I sat in one of the stalls and had a delicious meal, and authentic Peruvian meal of rice, vegetables, and a side soup. I had a beverage with that too and the whole thing only cost me seven dollars. Outside the market there are public bathrooms for 2 Soles, although very crowded and not clean, it worked. Outside the market, and then all the little streets surrounding the area. There’s tons of vendors, and the whole area has such an authentic field to it. I sat down outside of a bench and ate some of my fruits while watching people go by. What a beautiful experience in Cusco. I can’t wait to come back...

Reviewed 4 February 2024

As a traveler, it's always fun to explore markets in foreign countries. The exotic goods, unique scents, food stalls... Mercado San Pedro is no exception.

We bought various nuts and chocolates for some upcoming mountain excursions around Cusco - and found the prices quite high.

We also decided to eat at one of the small food stalls; 1 serving of chicken soup and 1 serving of rice with chicken; and had to pay 30 soles. That's when we realized we were paying tourist prices - these humble dishes served on wobbly benches shouldn't have cost even half of that.

Just to check, we asked a water vendor how much he wanted for a 0.75-liter bottle of water. 3 soles! We politely declined.

In a supermarket on Calle Union just across from Mercado San Pedro, the same bottles of water cost 1.70 soles. And large bags of nuts were much cheaper than what we had just bought.

Kind of annoying that as a tourist, you always seem to be seen as fair game.

Reviewed 29 January 2024 via mobile

Personally, I would definitely not eat her but lots of people are good variety of stuff, many of the same at each vendor for about a half hour to walk-through that was plenty

Date of experience: January 2024