“Delicious Coffee Drinks - Caters to Locals & Tourists”
Review of Cafe Ayllu

Cafe Ayllu
Ranked #12 of 56 Coffee & Tea in Cusco
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I loved that "fancy" coffee drinks come in two sizes - cups and mugs. Really hit the spot for us our first afternoon in Cusco when we needed a little pick-me-up. I had a Mocha Cappuccino - which was rich and delicious - just the right balance of coffee, milk and chocolate.

I also liked that it was not too touristy - they seemed to cater to both locals and tourists, which seemed a bit more authentic to me.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Cafe Ayllu is a place well know by the locals the have excellent hot drinks specially for cold days in Cusco. Ponche con guinda and pastries are delicious.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I've no idea why this place has such a high rating. I decided to check it out based on existing reviews and I was pretty disappointed when I got there. It's not really a 1 star (3 star is more fair) but I felt I needed to counteract the current average of 4.5 stars.
I was disappointed mainly because they called themselves a cafe but they don't have espresso. But even if you don't care about espresso, I'm pretty sure you'll be disappointed with their sandwiches. The word miserable comes to mind when I think of the lame tomato and avocado sandwich I ordered.
The place was very busy when I was there, which is probably because of its high rating but also possibly because a lot of people must like it here, but I really don't get it. You've been warned.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I found out that Cafe Ayllu is not longer located at the main square but after 5 years of coming back to Cusco, I had to go visit it.

2 Ayllus divided by a wall, with no interior connection...kind of weird but hot chocolate so good. Same desserts they used to have 10 years ago. I order a Lengua de suegra (mother-in law's tongue) filled with dulce de leche. Was good.

Same atmosphere, same desserts, same good chocolate, same goos music. Good service.
Was good to be back.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

I came here for breakfast with friends and was surprised that we were the only ones in the cafe because the breakfast selection was actually very good! I recommend the pancakes. There are many options and they are fluffy and warm and very well-made! The omelets were good but a little plain. The atmosphere is calm and quiet. It's nice to sit upstairs and people-watch outside the window.