Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Niamhingham
Manchester, United Kingdom

Unprofessional staff, poor wifi and unhygienic policies. Avoid.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Nov 2018
Me and my partner stayed here for four nights recently having decided to opt for a nicer place to stay in Cusco. I had made numerous complaints about the wifi during the stay as the connection was intermittent at best and upon realising that the cleaner was not changing the bed sheets, merely making the bed I went to complain to Nelly on the front desk. She proceeded to insult me in Spanish to her colleague, raising her voice, making rude hand gestures to mimic me speaking, referring to the wifi before shouting at me infront of other guests ordering me to follow her to the room to show the wifi was working. I told her that the wifi worked intermittently and she called me a liar saying that I had changed my story saying it was not working now it is. She stormed up to the room anyway before going to each corner of the room and shoving her phone in my face saying see wifi on. I explained to her that my phone also showed a signal but that it showed no internet or the connection would drop. She then stomped around the room again to show me that there was signal. In sheer frustration at the way I had been treated I explained to her that I had made numerous complaints and that I had no cause to make the situation up. I then proceeded to say to her that I did not agree with how she had spoken to me and she explicitly agreed with me that she would not have acted in the manner she did had my partner been around on that day. She acted in a grotesque and completely unprofessional manner and she has completely soured my experience. I have never stayed at a hotel where I have been treated so badly. Whether there is an isolated incident or not, the fact that Nelly was capable of speaking to a customer in that manner is cause to avoid this hotel. On arrival Nelly also told us that the hotel did not offer laundry facilities and to use somewhere up the street. At the end of the stay when she saw me struggling with a large bin bag she said that actually the hotel does do laundry and completely denied ever telling me and my partner otherwise.

In terms of hygiene, Nelly also explained to me that bed sheets are only fully changed at the request of guests. Whilst acceptable during stays, this also made me question whether ours had been changed in advance of our stay in the second room as the sheets were unclean at arrival.

Wifi - as gathered above, it is intermittent and wholly unreliable. When you have a connection it is good but it drops and in the bathroom there would be no connection whatsoever. Through the night the connection would drop meaning you could not leave anything to download etc.

The hotel is also situated across from a factory/industrial unit which is extremely noisy.

On the whole, I would avoid this hotel.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Richard F, Gerente at Hotel Golden Inca, responded to this review
Responded 6 Dec 2018
Dear Niamhingham,

I have read your comment, and I am sad, I really sorry about these problems.

Hotel had bought many internet devices and we have hired a company who provide us internet service trying to offer a best internet service posible, in spite of sometimes the internet quality in Cusco city is not always enought good. About the behave of our employee and her manners, I apologize for that, she told me that she tryed to explain you in a good way about the problem but her English limitations were a serious problems; accordingly all our staff including me are taking English to gain fluency.

Regarding the change of sheets, I can guarantee that we change sheets for all new guest, and during the stay of the guest we change sheets every 2 days, except the guest ask us not change its sheets, because we have polytics to care the environment.

Best Regards,

0.7 km from Hotel Golden Inca
Room service
View more hotels in Cusco
1,002 results
All reviews bread min walk hot water heating system cozy hotel rooms were very clean very pleasant stay the main square wi fi breakfast was delicious luggage peru tea tour avocado
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2018

The price and location were great. staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean the shower was hot although it was a smell coming from the drainage system and I dislike the standing water in the shower. But for the price it was fantastic.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Richard F, Gerente at Hotel Golden Inca, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments. We had solved the problem with the drainage system, we have scheduled weekly cleanings with special sustances that ensure a good drainage.

We are also improving our breakfast, with more variety and fresh products.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Really friendly staff. small rooms but clean and comfortable. Not that close to the main square but within walking distance. about 15 minutes by foot. they have a baggage storage and the breakfast is good.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your coments.

All our team are working to improve our service, provide quality information about the city, improve our breakfast buffet with more variety of products and fresh Peruvian fruit, etc.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 October 2018

The staff is very friendly and attentive. The rooms are clean and are roomy. The hotel is located a bit off of the main center but this is rather an advantage as it is more quiet and still only a good ten to fifteen minutes walk to the Plaza der Armas. I stayed several days in September 2018 and had to switch rooms. My first room was at the ground floor and next to the reception area. I complained about the noise of being close to the reception area and was promptly given another room. Also, I arrived without luggage (the airline hat lost my luggage) and the receptionist was helpful and made several inquiries with the airline on my behalf.
The breakfast is included and varied. You also have several hot breakfast options free of charge. The hotel is good value for money and I can recommend it;

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights, did the inca trail and then returned for 1 night. The hotel kept our luggage and provided breakfast to go on our early morning.

The breakfast here was great. There was an eggs menu, the bread was fresh and a good variety of fruits, meats, cheeses and yoghurt.

The staff are good and the hotel is clean. A 10 minute walk from the centre of Cusco. Excellent uber availability for small amounts of money.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018

The good things I liked about this hotel was the free shuttle pick up from the airport and the location (10-15 minutes walk to Plaza de Armas). The room itself was pretty average, but it could be a bit loud since the walls were quiet thin, so it was very easy to hear people talking out in the hallway. The hotel is not luxurious and is quite basic, but since there is a lot to see in Cusco, you only need this place to sleep.

Date of stay: July 2018