Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jmetramper
Diest, Belgium

a pleasant stay and excellent experience

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Sept 2018
The staff is very friendly and attentive. The rooms are clean and are roomy. The hotel is located a bit off of the main center but this is rather an advantage as it is more quiet and still only a good ten to fifteen minutes walk to the Plaza der Armas. I stayed several days in September 2018 and had to switch rooms. My first room was at the ground floor and next to the reception area. I complained about the noise of being close to the reception area and was promptly given another room. Also, I arrived without luggage (the airline hat lost my luggage) and the receptionist was helpful and made several inquiries with the airline on my behalf.
The breakfast is included and varied. You also have several hot breakfast options free of charge. The hotel is good value for money and I can recommend it;
Date of stay: September 2018
0.7 km from Hotel Golden Inca
Room service
View more hotels in Cusco
1,002 results
All reviews bread min walk hot water heating system cozy hotel rooms were very clean very pleasant stay the main square wi fi breakfast was delicious luggage peru tea tour avocado
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights, did the inca trail and then returned for 1 night. The hotel kept our luggage and provided breakfast to go on our early morning.

The breakfast here was great. There was an eggs menu, the bread was fresh and a good variety of fruits, meats, cheeses and yoghurt.

The staff are good and the hotel is clean. A 10 minute walk from the centre of Cusco. Excellent uber availability for small amounts of money.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018

The good things I liked about this hotel was the free shuttle pick up from the airport and the location (10-15 minutes walk to Plaza de Armas). The room itself was pretty average, but it could be a bit loud since the walls were quiet thin, so it was very easy to hear people talking out in the hallway. The hotel is not luxurious and is quite basic, but since there is a lot to see in Cusco, you only need this place to sleep.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank The_Traveling_Expat
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Complimentary coca tea as soon as you enter reception was a great way to start off my stay at Golden Inca. First off, you need coca tea in Cusco, it will help greatly with elevation sickness plus tastes great! Great value for what you get which is a comfy bed and hot shower!

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Lovely hotel near the main square (10 minutes walk). The area is safe and it is a pleasant. The staff is super friendly and helpful and speaks very good English. Lots of coca tea available for the customers. Very clean, warm and comfortable hotel with big beds.

We didn't have water one night as there was some issue with the boiler. This however was fixed the next day.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank cust0mer007
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I had booked the Golden Inca Hotel for two nights, the first before my Inca Trail trip and the second night directly after. Upon arriving at the Golden Inca Hotel I could tell that the staff were poorly trained and that the hotel was disorganized, they were also under construction (which is fine but more on that later). I was eventually able to check in and leave my bag in storage before my room was ready. When I returned my room was ready and all was well, I did however tell the staff that I would be checking out at 3am as I was being picked up for Inca Trail trek at that time. The stay at the hotel was alright however I could hear construction noise until about 10pm that night and the wifi only works in the hotel lobby.

At 3am I went to check out and to my dismay I saw that I was locked into the hotel from the inside and there was no one at the front desk... I had to search the hotel and eventually found someone sleeping in a nearby room, I quickly paid and checked out and was off on my tour.

When I returned at 9pm after my trek (I was exhausted and had been up since 3am) I was greeted by the same disorganization that I had left. In addition I was accused of not having paid for my previous stay. This, accompanied by my previous checkout experience and the fact that I would have to check out early the next morning and did not want to have a second round of headaches made me make the decision that I would not be staying there. Also, their credit card system was down and they wanted me to go and get cash (it was the end of my trip and I wasn't about to pay more foreign transaction/ATM fees). To the credit of the manager he booked me a new hotel at the same price and drove me to it.

In sum, the manager I dealt with in the end went above and beyond to help me out. However, I would not recommend staying at this disorganized second rate hotel. Cusco has better options at the same price point.

Date of stay: March 2018