Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Paul R
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Great breakfast, great service

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Sept 2018via mobile
We stayed for a few nights, did the inca trail and then returned for 1 night. The hotel kept our luggage and provided breakfast to go on our early morning.

The breakfast here was great. There was an eggs menu, the bread was fresh and a good variety of fruits, meats, cheeses and yoghurt.

The staff are good and the hotel is clean. A 10 minute walk from the centre of Cusco. Excellent uber availability for small amounts of money.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AU$441
    AU$61
1.1 km from Hotel Golden Inca
View more hotels in Cusco
1,002 results
All reviews bread min walk hot water heating system cozy hotel rooms were very clean very pleasant stay the main square wi fi breakfast was delicious luggage peru tea tour avocado
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2018

The good things I liked about this hotel was the free shuttle pick up from the airport and the location (10-15 minutes walk to Plaza de Armas). The room itself was pretty average, but it could be a bit loud since the walls were quiet thin, so it was very easy to hear people talking out in the hallway. The hotel is not luxurious and is quite basic, but since there is a lot to see in Cusco, you only need this place to sleep.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank The_Traveling_Expat
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Complimentary coca tea as soon as you enter reception was a great way to start off my stay at Golden Inca. First off, you need coca tea in Cusco, it will help greatly with elevation sickness plus tastes great! Great value for what you get which is a comfy bed and hot shower!

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Lovely hotel near the main square (10 minutes walk). The area is safe and it is a pleasant. The staff is super friendly and helpful and speaks very good English. Lots of coca tea available for the customers. Very clean, warm and comfortable hotel with big beds.

We didn't have water one night as there was some issue with the boiler. This however was fixed the next day.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank cust0mer007
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I had booked the Golden Inca Hotel for two nights, the first before my Inca Trail trip and the second night directly after. Upon arriving at the Golden Inca Hotel I could tell that the staff were poorly trained and that the hotel was disorganized, they were also under construction (which is fine but more on that later). I was eventually able to check in and leave my bag in storage before my room was ready. When I returned my room was ready and all was well, I did however tell the staff that I would be checking out at 3am as I was being picked up for Inca Trail trek at that time. The stay at the hotel was alright however I could hear construction noise until about 10pm that night and the wifi only works in the hotel lobby.

At 3am I went to check out and to my dismay I saw that I was locked into the hotel from the inside and there was no one at the front desk... I had to search the hotel and eventually found someone sleeping in a nearby room, I quickly paid and checked out and was off on my tour.

When I returned at 9pm after my trek (I was exhausted and had been up since 3am) I was greeted by the same disorganization that I had left. In addition I was accused of not having paid for my previous stay. This, accompanied by my previous checkout experience and the fact that I would have to check out early the next morning and did not want to have a second round of headaches made me make the decision that I would not be staying there. Also, their credit card system was down and they wanted me to go and get cash (it was the end of my trip and I wasn't about to pay more foreign transaction/ATM fees). To the credit of the manager he booked me a new hotel at the same price and drove me to it.

In sum, the manager I dealt with in the end went above and beyond to help me out. However, I would not recommend staying at this disorganized second rate hotel. Cusco has better options at the same price point.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank tmarch89CAN
Reviewed 18 February 2018

We had mixed feelings about this hotel. We chose it after reading many, many reviews of hotels closer to the center where it was said to be loud at night and hard to sleep. . .which is why we chose this one a little further away. The walk was a bit far, but very doable despite a little bit of altitude-induced breathing and energy problems. What we were immediately disappointed about was our room. We had the very first room right next to the check-in desk area. We could hear every single thing that went on out there including the over-night desk person coughing regularly all night long one of the nights as well as music and television being played out there. The only window in the room overlooked the stairwell and we could hear everyone talking and walking up and down the stairs at all hours. The whole place seemed to echo with every sound. Our room was very dark and small, not at all what I was expecting from looking at pictures online. It felt like being shut up in a dark dorm room or something. . .not enjoyable to hang out in or relax at all. . .it felt rather sterile and not homey at all. I looked at the pictures again, and they don't look at all like our room did. On the plus side, it was clean and the beds were good with warm bedding. It was also nice to have heat at night from the radiator. The breakfast was great and the staff was very kind and helpful. Our Spanish is poor, but we were able to communicate and understand pretty well. If we could have a different room, we might stay there again. Not sure how the noise we had compares to whatever noise was reported in the hotels closer to the main tourist areas, so not sure. Overall an okay experience.

Date of stay: January 2018