Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Captrik

Good hotel.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Oct 2011
Spent 3 nights here before and after trek. Good hot water. Comfortable beds. Fine. Resteraunt good for breakfast. Would stay here again
Date of stay: October 2011
    AU$612
0.7 km from Hotel Sol Plaza Inn
Room service
View more hotels in Cusco
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We've stayed here on a way to our Inka Trail trek. Excellent place - 3 days in the centre of Cusco - the hotel is in 20 steps from Plaza des Armas allowed us to adopt to high altitude and vist all Cusco's sightseeings. Incredible experience.The hotel breakfasts are rich i fruits, which I liked especially. There is a luggage room where we were allowed to leave our luggage during the time of uor hiking. Very comfortable rooms, and there always was a hot water in the shower.

Room tip: The highest store is the best choice. But perhaps if you're seek from high-altitude desease, it'll be tricky to get there
Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ekaterina L
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We spent several nights here as our base for a trip to Machu Picchu and another to Puerto Maldonado. Our room had been booked through Chimu tours and we had a huge room with 3 large beds and ensuite. Rooms open onto a central atrium area where you can sit or use the internet, free of charge. Laundry was cheap, staff were lovely and access to tea making was a blessing - especially access to cocoa tea to help with the altitude reactions. The restaurant was fine for when you don't feel like venturing out. The hotel is a short walk from the Central Plaza and amongst and near to many Cusco attractions. Would stay here again but be sure you get a large room as some are very basic.

Room tip: Some rooms are very basic so aim for one with 2 or 3 beds in it.
Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Swiss family of five (2 adults + 3 kids) visiting Peru...
Nice features: This hotel is extremely well situated, very close to Plaza de Armas, with a number of interesting places that can be visited on foot. In the same street, there are also some reasonably good restaurants and convenient food stores. Rooms were fairly clean (compared to our global experience in Peru), with towels changed every day, and heaters provided for cold nights. Buffet breakfast was quite complete with fruits (papaya, pineapple, bread/toast, etc), scrambled eggs, fresh fruit juices, etc.
Whereas the drawbacks: we stayed twice in this hotel, once before going to Machu, the second time upon return from Machu. Each time with one 2-bed and one 3-bed room. The rooms are fairly clean, bathroom too. But they are rather noisy in particular if they are situated close to the lobby: the place was crowded with young american tourists, meaning rather noisy in particular at night. Better be real tired to fall asleep easily, or else ask for rooms which are not too close to the lobby. Last but not least, one of the rooms was really smelling smoke, so non-smokers you should check in advance. Rooms in general are quite dark, sometimes with no window towards the exterior (only towards the corridor for example). Sometimes, hot water not always available, but this was manageable.

Room tip: ask rooms which are not too close to the lobby, and which do not smell smoke
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vincentp2011
Reviewed 19 May 2010

First of all the reason for the two stars, I stayed here twice on my recent trip to Peru once at the beginning and at the end. This was booked through a tour company so had no say where I was staying. For the first stay I would have given it 1 star and for the second 3 stars so have gone halfway with 2 stars.

The hotel is in an ideal location on one of the streets just off the Plaza de Armas. When you enter the hotel it is set around a very nice courtyard and the lady on the front desk was friendly. But the room I had when I first arrived was terrible, the bed was very uncomfortable, the bed linen dark and patterned (a bad sign in any hotel, you need white linen to ensure it is clean), the pillow was really bad, there was no room to put anything, no desk and worse of all there was frosted glass on the door so the people outside the room could blatantly see me in the room. There was no curtain or anything to cover it. It would definitely not be suitable for a frisky couple as you would have an audience in no time. Also the Walls where paper thin allowing you to hear everything going on on that floor including conversations, people being sick and by far the worse people going to the bathroom both number one and number two.

Breakfast was a mix of bread, ham and cheese but as the ham and cheese were left out with no cover I gave them a miss.

I did have laundry done there and the price was very reasonable, I think about 7 Soles per kilo.

The second time I stayed there the room was better, away from the main area and bigger.

But reception did not pass a message on from my tour company informing me of a change to my flight, which meant I could have had an extra hour in bed. To me that is not good enough, it would have taken anything to slip a note under my door to tell me.

I would say the only good thing about this hotel is the location and the friendliness of some of the staff.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank diveteam
Reviewed 27 June 2009

I spent 3 nights at this hotel when I traveled to Cuzco last month as part of a package booked in Lima. The location is very good since it is a few steps away from the Plaza de Armas, and in a safe street with plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. The personal who works there are friendly and helpful, but when i asked for additional services such as telephone calls from my room with a prepaid card or checking the tv control, i had to do it twice. The bathrooms are clean, with hot water, but in the bedroom the bedspread was stained, the rest was ok. Breakfast was good, with fresh juice, fruits, and good bread, and ready for the ones who needed it early. Overall good.

Date of stay: May 2009