Open today: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm

from USD 40.00
from USD 40.00
from USD 185.00
More Info
All reviews beautiful lake day trip high altitude stopped for breakfast salkantay trek plenty of photo opportunities trekking shoes rainbow mountain frequent breaks felt sick worth the climb challenging hike worth the effort dress in layers fit enough hiking sticks leave cusco
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We did a day-tour with Willka Travel to the lake. The hike takes about 1.5 hours and is steep but with some breaks very doable. Our guide Edwin Puma did a great job taking care of us and explaining about the sacred lake. He also had excellent English. Also our driver Raul was a very good and safe driver! We would definitly recommend the trip to the lake and the tour operator.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank Elli P
Reviewed 31 March 2018

El Trekking es corto, pero pesado por la altura. Lleven traj de baño, toalla, ropa caliente, agua y comida si quieren estar un par de horas arriba en la laguna. Vale la pena por mucho!
Se puede hacer solo, no necesitas Tour. Yo no hice Salkantay, sólo Humantay.

It's a short Trekking but it's really hard because of the altitude. If you want to stay at the lagoon for a couple of hours (which I recommend) take with you a swimsuit, warm clothes, food and water! You can make this trekking by your own, I didn't go to Salkantay, just Humantay!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 29 March 2018

It is a wonderful lagoon because of the nature that it presents and because of the beautiful color of its waters. If you arrive in Cusco, arrive at this place

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't crowded as the Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain! But there were definitely more people than I thought there were gonna be. Still, I don't want to be too picky regarding this point, my partner f.e. didn't bother at all about that; I guess it was just my personal opinion. The lake itself was a beauty and is definitely worth the hiking effort, which was around 1.45h for us. My partner had some problems with the altitude (headaches) but fortunately it wasn't too bad. Our guide was very helpful and offered oxygen and we made a short rest where he told us stories so my partner could think of something else than her headache which was very kind of him. The breakfast & lunch we had included in the tour was good and overall the communication with the agency exploorperu as well, everything we were promised was delivered and party even overdelivered. We seemed to have a bad weather streak in Cusco for our entire time (March 2018) as it was raining quite a lot, but the hiking was still very doable under these circumstances.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Humantay Lake is one of the most beautiful places I've seen. It is absolutely worth the trip. My husband and I went with Exploorperu and had a phenomenal time. Erik at Exploorperu was super helpful with answering all my questions and concerns prior to the trip, and our easy and professional correspondence convinced me that this trip was a must-do with Exploorperu.

Our guide, Bernabe, was a total sweetheart and an AMAZING guide. He was patient, caring and knowledgeable. Our driver was also the sweetest man, and a great driver.
NOTE: The drive to the trailhead is not for the faint-of-heart, 3 full hours of driving and the last hour on an *extremely* bumpy unpaved road. Not unlike getting to many trailheads in US national parks, but this is quite intense. If you get carsick easily, reconsider this trip.
I highly recommend acclimating for a minimum of 2 days in Cusco before taking this trip to fully enjoy the hike & scenery. High elevation makes everything feel different. This is not a hard hike but the elevation makes it challenging.

Date of experience: February 2018