Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Adam S
Cusco, Peru

My new "go to" spot in Cusco

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Aug 2021
I’ve been visiting Cusco pretty regularly over the past ten years, and I can finally say my search for a “go to” spot is over. Unlike other places I have stayed in Cusco, Antigua Casona has literally everything I value in a hotel. The San Blas location is perfect - it’s walking distance from all the best restaurants, bars, and museums, but also far enough removed from the city center that you don’t get overwhelmed by people selling tours or massages every time you step outside. When you are inside the hotel it carries the same historical colonial charm of the whole city; perhaps that has to do with the fact that it was a colonial residence remodeled into a modern hotel. Additionally, my room was flawless - the bed was super comfortable, they provided extra alpaca blankets since it was a cold night, flatscreen TV with DIRECTV, and the bathroom was modern and clean - they even had a heated towel rack! And oh man, the food. The breakfast (included) rivals any other I’ve ever had in Cusco, and for dinner we had delicious alpaca burgers that they practically insisted we eat in the covered courtyard area by the fire. So bomb. Everybody that works there was pleasant and constantly made sure we had everything we could possibly need. Last, but not least, my partner and I decided to try the couples spa package and I seriously couldn’t believe how good it was - hot jacuzzi, steam room, fresh fruit, cucumber water, warm robes, massages… it was epic. Truly, the whole experience was epic. I rarely leave reviews on Tripadvisor, but after my stay this past weekend I felt compelled to share my experience with the travel community. If you’re even considering something like the Marriott or Hyatt I highly recommend you think again.
Date of stay: August 2021
0.4 km from Antigua Casona San Blas
Room service
View more hotels in Cusco
1,568 results
All reviews fire pit san blas filtered water yoga studio beautiful hotel machu picchu alpaca blankets narrow streets boutique hotel hot tea favorite hotel turn down service our honeymoon lovely courtyard breakfast was delicious alfredo coca tea
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about this amazing hotel. The courtyard is gorgeous, the rooms are big/beautiful, the restaurant food is delicious and the staff is awesome. The spa is also a must-do, as you get access to a jacuzzi, sauna and the most relaxing massage ever. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2021

Quite possibly the best hotel I have ever stayed in....

I cannot think of a single thing to fault for this hotel other than maybe being too perfect that it makes everywhere else look bad. I stayed here for six nights over a two week period in July 2021. It's the perfect place to acclimate upon arrival in Cusco with a delicious breakfast included in the room price. The charming courtyard with firepits is the perfect place to hang out with a glass of wine from the bar while planning your journey. The rooms (I've stayed in three different ones) are charming and evocative of the local culture. Location is excellent with some great restaurants nearby.

Yet, what sets the hotel above all others that I have stayed in is the level of customer service. The staff here will go out of their way to help you without being overbearing. They held my luggage for me while I went on two four-day treks (Salkantay and Inca Trail), providing me with a scale to weigh the duffel bags that I had to take with me on the treks. They arranged both airport pickup and dropoff at extremely reasonable prices. They organized laundry service for me between my two hikes. They also scheduled a COVID test on their premise so that I could return to the U.S. The restaurant staff was so friendly and accommodating of all of my requests. Top-notch housekeeping...the filtered water available in your room and in the courtyard...power outlets compatible with U.S. devices (and I think European ones as well). They did all of this while smiling behind their masks.

I repeat: do not consider staying anywhere else in Cusco. For what you pay, you get so much more out of it. You will not regret this. You won't want to leave. I would honestly come back to Cusco just to stay in this hotel.

Room tip: Pay more to get a superior deluxe room (or even higher). It's not that much more expensive, and you get even bigger bang for your buck.
Reviewed 30 July 2021

This was our favorite hotel for our 12 day trip to Peru. It is charming and cozy. The beds are soft, and I believe the pillows were down. The staff were all friendly and spoke English. It was inexpensive and located in the Bohemian neighborhood of San Blas. They allowed us free late check out at noon on our last day. Wifi and breakfast is included, and they even delivered to our rooms with no extra charge. Each time we had an early morning excursion they packed us a to-go breakfast and coffee which was ready at 2 am or 4 am...

Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

This is a beautiful, clean, five star hotel. We loved our stay and would definitely recommend. Everything was high quality (accommodations, service & food) and the staff was friendly. The food at the hotel is excellent. My family arrived late after along day of travel. The kids were starving and they accommodated us with room service despite it being a few minutes to closing the kitchen for the night. Beto and Alfredo went above and beyond in serving us the most delicious food. They were helpful, kind and provided excellent service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2021

Offered the highest level of service rivaling any 5 star hotel in New York or Paris. This hotel has very well trained, lovely staff and offers all of the amenities one needs. After returning from a trek exhausted the hotel was an oasis and felt like home. The restaurant served up culinary delights and the well well-appointed rooms are comfortable and very clean. The common areas offered space to get together with friends old and new alike. They think of everything, for example, the filtered water tap in the lobby to fill up before you head out! A must stay in Cusco and very affordable!

Room tip: room facing courtyard for a beautiful view and lovely fountain
Date of stay: June 2021