1,156 results
All reviews coca tea free wifi room safe the main square short stay town square nice hotel buffet breakfast minute walk colca canyon travel agent within walking distance bed was very comfortable your luggage comfortable stay zig zag lovely city
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This Casa Andina was a quick second choice after our first, very atmospheric choice left us feeling unsafe. Plain boxy hotel without any character, but the staff was friendly, and the security guard and entrance made us feel very safe. The staff also arranged a Colca Canyon tour for us that went well. The hotel is close enough to the Santa Catalina Convent (AMAZING PLACE - We enjoyed it as much as the canyon!) and the Plaza de Armas to walk during the day. There was some street noise at night, so you might want ear plugs, but overall I slept very well. They have a restaurant with a very limited menu, but the one meal we had there was fine. There are many very good restaurants in Arequipa, so I recommend going out of the hotel to eat. The hotel recommended Zig Zag, and it was the best meal we had in Peru!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank FloridaLinda67
CasaAndina_GR, Propietario at Casa Andina Standard Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Casa Andina Classic Jerusalén. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and should take this opportunity to mention that certain changes, including soundproof improvements, will be made in the short term.

Hoping to have you with us again at any of our properties in Peru,

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Thanks so much to young woman at reception desk who helped us get new tourist visa to replace one that was lost.

All staff very friendly. Appreiciated coca tea and free internet.

Easy walk to central plaza.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank ljb2Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Stayed there for 2 nights in May unplanned. I cancelled my trip to Lake Titicaca due to the protest there, and so came to Arequipa unexpected. My agent arranged me to stay in Casa Andina Classic.

The location is not the best, but is very good. Walking distance to Santa Catalina Monastery, and about 15 minutes from Plaza de Armas.

The service is OK. Front desk is friendly.

The major problems are -
1) the room is not that small, but not that big either. It however does not have sockets for charging my batteries. I ended up unplugging the TV in order to charge my camera, and I can't find another socket in the room for my phone. And I don't want to charge my phone in bathroom. And the room also doesn't have much place to place your luggage (except, of course, the floor).

2) the bathroom is the main problem. The building was built many years ago, and bathrooms of adjacent rooms are located next to each other, separated by a wall (of course), but with a small ventilation "window" at the top. You can actually hear guests using the bathroom, and smell the fragrance from the soaps when they do shower. If they speak in the bathroom, you can also hear. This is a major problem.

3) The windows are just glasses. There is no window frame. I feel somewhat unsafe. Also, I can see other rooms from my windows, and so closing the curtain is important.

I don't know how much it costs. But if I need to pay a fortune, I won't stay here. It is basic, and probably not a bad choice in town considered its location and the friendly staff. But you are concerned about bathroom, then I might consider elsewhere. Prices that you need to pay is important when considering whether to stay here or not.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TripMember06092015
CasaAndina_GR, Propietario at Casa Andina Standard Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

Dear Guest,

We regret you had to cancel your trip to Puno due to the strike that took place in this city a few days ago. However, we appreciate the time you set aside to mention those maintenance and infrastructure issues that need much more attention from our part.

We should mention that several improvements are scheduled for this year. Please, have no doubt that that your comments will definitely be taken into account and that we sincerely value the opportunity you give us to improve.

Hoping to have you with us again in a not too distant future,

Reviewed 3 June 2011

The hotel was in a great location for access to the main Plaza in Arequipa. The breakfast was fine and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is an average 3 star hotel with hit and miss hot water and paper thin walls. We spent the first night listening in to a 4 hour conversation between the French couple in the next room.

We also stayed in the Casa Andina hotels in Nasca and Chivay and they were both very good hotels so it is not a problem with the chain.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel_TCT
CasaAndina_GR, Propietario at Casa Andina Standard Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Dear Guest,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay at Casa Andina Classic Arequipa.

Your priceless comments give us the opportunity to focus on those infrastructure and maintenance issues that might need immediate attention from our part. We definitely look forward to provide the same quality of service in all our hotels.

Thank you for choosing us as part of your experience. We hope to have you with us again in a not too distant future. It will be a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 11 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group tour. It's quite a large hotel and is only several blocks from the main square in Arequipa. The rooms are of average size with most amenities including a safe and TV but there wasn't an iron or ironing board. When I asked at the front desk they said they do not have any but I could have my shirts ironed for USD$2.50 each! Also not included is any kind of air-conditioner but given the clmate here you probably won't need one. The bathroom was a bit small but was adequate. The beds were nice with good linen and each had two comfortable pillows on them. We had an included breakfast which was very comprehensive: cereals, breads, ham, cheese, eggs, bacon and many other things on offer. On the downside, there seemed to be a lot of noise outside my window - barking dogs, people yelling, cars tooting their horns but this seemed to settle down by late night time. Overall, it's a good, clean hotel and most likely one of the better ones in Arequipa.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Mike R
CasaAndina_GR, Propietario at Casa Andina Standard Arequipa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

Dear Guest,

We are very glad to know you enjoyed your stay at Casa Andina Classic Arequipa and appreciate your valuable comments regarding your experience with us.

Our hotel is located just a few blocks away from the hustle and bustle of the Plaza de Armas. Unfortunately, taxi drivers honk to call customer´s attention and do not respect our guest´s rest. We should mention that we have placed double glass windows at rooms facing the street and this has sincerely helped reduce noise to the minimum.

Thank you for choosing Casa Andina. We invite you to stay with us in a not too distant future at any of the properties we have throughout Peru. It will be a pleasure to serve you again.

The Casa Andina team