“Amazing crab cakes, Maryland style”
Review of De Santy's

De Santy's
Ranked #102 of 569 Restaurants in Cuenca
Description: A pleasant place where you can feel at home with a variety of American food, seafood and something else.
Reviewed 5 March 2016

This is such a good restaurant in El Centro! The owners lived in Baltimore for many years and the cuisine reflects their wonderful knowledge of all things crab and seafood. Absolutely yummy, lovely ambiance, English speaking owners and even the bathroom is modern and nice! I highly recommend this restaurant. Hint: try the sangria!

1  Thank Odysseus0808

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We first came upon this restaurant as part of a fundraiser for the local theater group. They were providing three sample dishes as part of the charity. Because we had dinner reservations elsewhere, we only stayed for the salad. The waitress begged us to stay for the rest.

We were so impressed, we returned for fully paid meal a few days later. The same waitress was working and remembered us. She is so extremely pleasant, it made the dining experience even more enjoyable.

I had the BBQ ribs with fresh broccoli and my spouse had the Maryland crab cake with fresh green beans. Both dishes were incredibly delicious and more than satisfying.

1  Thank BudaBaB
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Yesterday I visited DeSanty's for the first time since Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving meal was by the way what an American Thanksgiving meal should be and I just hadn't gotten around for a revisit since. I was very sorry after enjoying my meal that I didn't make it back sooner. The service of course was excellent, the food was prepared to highest standards and the atmosphere is pleasant. If you're traveling to Cuenca or are an expat living here, put this seafood jewel on your list.

1  Thank tim p
Reviewed 18 February 2016

Went to DeSantys last week for the first time. Loved the food, the service and friendly staff. Santy is a great guy, trained in the U.S. to prepare great food. The crap cakes were good as any I have eaten in Maryland.

1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed 7 February 2016

I cannot believe that this restaurant has got all those raving reviews. Yes, it is a nice restaurant, though far from being little. Yes, the decor is pleasant. Yes, the owners speak English (which seems to skew the opinions of every restaurant in Ecuador) Yes, the owners are friendly, but so is every restaurant owner and the prevalent majority of Ecuadorians everywhere.

I was there around 7:30 in the evening, Friday night, when the restaurants in Cuenca a full, the good ones of course. There were no more than 12 people, in a big restaurant. Not one Ecuadorian amongst them. Well, why would an Ecuadorian pay $15+ for one small crubcake ( clearly had been frozen and warmed up), a handful of french fries, cole slaw, and a small bottle of beer? RIDICULOUS, for Ecuador. The beer was $2.50 plus 12% tax It is $2, tax included everywhere else. And, yes, the dish was called not <crabcake>, but <crabcakes>.
May be they have a good hamburger, priced $4.50 - $6.50, which does not include the 12% tax. The price of their sandwiches is around $10 plus 12% tax. Also ridiculous. Well, I have no plans to return there

2  Thank movingtoEcuador