“Wonderful guesthouse”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Compartiendo un delicioso almuerzo entre diferentes paises
visitas de Alemania, Estados Unidos y Ecuador
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kiat C
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful guesthouse”
Reviewed 13 September 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Yolanda´s guesthouse for 4 nights and it was an absolute pleasure. The house is in a safe gated complex and the house itself is well furnished, clean and very comfortable. The night we arrived Yolanda was waiting to at the gate to greet us and made us feel very welcomed. Our bedroom was lovely, spacious, bright and clean, as was the bathroom. Breakfast each morning was a real treat -each day was a different menu, home cooked and delicious. We were genuinely sad to leave as Yolanda and her son Carlos made it feel like home.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
4 Jul 2017
Kiat fue un gusto coneceste a ti y a Robin dejaron un lindo recuerdo en nuestra casa . Le deseamos éxito en su vida.. Los recomenfamos amplia mente..
clearjewe...
“Everything I'd hoped for, and more...”
Reviewed 23 August 2016 for a stay in July 2015

I'm thrilled to discover Yolanda Colmenares is now on Trip Advisor so that I can post a review. In July of 2015 I traveled alone to Cuenca to study Spanish. With connections through the school, I landed at Yolanda's for a 3-week homestay. I wanted to experience the culture within the context of a family. When I arrived at Yolanda's clean, bright and comfortable home, she welcomed me as if we were already friends. Her cheerful demeanor, her willingness to help me navigate a place I'd never travelled, and her genuine pleasure at making me feel at home proved her the perfect hostess. I looked forward to breakfast every day because Yolanda's home cooking is both delicious and nutritious. The fresh juice she prepares in the blender each morning (from one or more of Ecuador's amazing fruits) should not be missed. If you're lucky, you'll get to savor her arepas.
The Colmenares' home is situated in a very safe neighborhood that’s just a quick (and inexpensive) taxi ride to the Old Colonial Center of the city. I preferred to walk to my Spanish classes in "El Centro" because the stroll along the Riobamba River, and the walk up the steps to the old part of town, proved to be such pleasant exercise.
At Yolanda's house I was provided many opportunities to practice my Spanish, but I could also revert to English if needed. When I wanted to be alone, I retreated to my room and wasn't disturbed. My experience with Yolanda and her family created memories I cherish and lasting friendships as well. May it be your good fortune to spend time at the Colmenares' Homestay!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The house was clean and bright, and the hospitality could not be beat.
Liked least: The neighborhood rooster that crowed a little too early for my liking.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
4 Jul 2017
Clear extraordinaria chica! deseo de corazon que en todo le valla bien! agradecida de haberla conocido . La recomiendo amplia mente.
thweatt20...
Helena, Montana
“Yolanda's house is like home but the food is better.”
Reviewed 15 August 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Yolanda's house has spacious, comfortable bedrooms, clean, modern bathrooms, and a spacious and colorful living and dining room. She has laundry facilities and keeps her house immaculate. She is a warm person with an infectious laugh, and her son Carlos is a fine, young businessman who loves teaching salsa. The food is excellent, healthful, and true Ecuadorian. The house is a 30-minute walk from the historic center of Cuenca, Parque Calderon, through a safe neighborhood. I stayed there for two weeks in January and February of 2016 while studying Spanish. I highly recommend Yolanda Colemare's House.

18 Aug 2016
Estimado y siempre recordado Dick, valoramos mucho el tiempo que compartimos , la noche de salsa, las pláticas en el desayuno y la cena, deseamos tenerte nuevamente en Cuenca. Todo el éxito en lo que emprendas!!!!Saludos , Carlos valora mucho el libro que le regalaste.
Lora M
“Welcome Home to Cuenca”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My husband and I have spent an amazing week in Cuenca thanks to the lovely Yolanda and her son Carlos. We have a well-appointed private bedroom with an en suite bathroom. The house is quiet and comfortable. Each morning we are served a delicious breakfast with juice and coffee and sensational company. We have access to wifi, full kitchen and laundry.

Yolanda speaks some English and Carlos helps to translate. I enjoy practicing my Spanish in a welcoming and relaxed environment with friendly faces and loving family values. In just one week we have shared many smiles, compliments, jokes, laughs, and even a free salsa lesson.

This home is in a gated townhome complex outside of El Centro but within walking distance of all amenities and attractions, including El Centro.

I would recommend Yolanda's home share to any visitor or persons seeking temporary accommodation in Cuenca.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The warm welcome and lasting friendships
Liked least: The bed was on the firm side
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
18 Aug 2016
Lora y Dani ustedes llenaron nuestra casa de mucha alegría nosotros estuvimos muy felices de compartir esas semanas con ustedes, esperamos verlos pronto en Cuenca, personas como ustedes motivan a seguir adelante haciendo cada día un mejor trabajo. Deseamos lo mejor en la nueva vida que van a iniciar en Cuenca. Saludos
Kasey G
“Highly Recomended”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I would highly recommend staying with Yolanda while in Cuenca. I studied for a month in Cuenca and was connected to Yolanda through my Spanish school. As a single female traveling alone, I was a little concerned about traveling by myself, however I knew that everything would be fine as soon as I met Yolanda. Yolanda is so kind and caring. She is energetic and helpful. Her home is Christ centered. She will always make sure your tummy is full and that you are wearing enough layers and comfortable shoes before you leave for an adventure. She is very motherly and will take great care of you during your stay. Her house is always full of laughter and fun. If you're lucky you might get a salsa lesson from her son, Carlos. Not only will you learn a lot about Ecuadorian culture, Yolanda is from Venezuela so you will learn a lot of Venezuelan culture as well. Her home is always clean and I felt comfortable there. However, I recommend learning the bus routs because it's a bit of a walk to el centro. (Yolanda can tell you which bus is the best.)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Yolanda!
Liked least: Yolanda will pack her home full of people.
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
14 Aug 2016
Kasey es una chica joven muy linda, amorosa, dulce ,educada y generosa . Para nosotros fue un privilegio recibirla en nuestra casa, pasamos tiempos muy divertidos hablando español. Ella es una hija regalo del cielo!!! Le deseamos lo Mejor y la recomendamos totalmente.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing