“Best ride ever!”

Centro Ecuestre Bellavista
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Cuenca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Centro Ecuestre Bellavista is located 8 kilometers outside of Cuenca. We offer Lodging, Horseback Riding for children and adults on trails in the Ecuadorian AndesHorses and trails are selected to match your riding skills. Experience the natural beauty of the Andes; the unique wildlife and vegetation.Participate in outdoor activities, like feeding and caring for farm animals. You can even learn to milk a cow!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I took a two hour trail ride, with Sebastian (the owner) as my guide. Transportation from Cuenca is easy and not far. The ranch is beautiful and clean. I felt comfortable right away, and could see how well-kept his horses were. His staff was very helpful, knowledgeable, and I could tell they really cared about the horses. Safety is Sebastian's priority. He gave me a nice, gentle, but very sure-footed horse since I hadn't been riding for some years. Aside from the quality of the ranch, the horses, and the extremely friendly personality of the owner, the view was absolutely amazing! Also, the air was so fresh, with hints of pine, fresh grass, and some flowers along the way. I want to go back again and again! All of Sebastian's horses are so healthy and beautiful. They have a great life there in the little valley, and it was a privilege to be part of their world for a few hours.

2  Thank nancyjeanross
"beautiful area"
"unique experience"
"cajas national park"

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We did a last minute trip to Cuenca and on our last day decided to go horse riding. After googling and reading plenty of highly recommending reviews we decided to go with Centro Ecuestre Bellavista. We could not speak more highly of this place! Before we arrived I messaged Sebastian to let him know I lacked a bit of confidence but my partner was experienced and when we arrived our horses were waiting for us, perfect pick for each!! Sebastian spoke perfect English which helped my lack of Spanish and on the 3hr tour we saw some of the most amazing views we’ve ever seen! The horses are so loved and well looked after, all the staff were friendly and Sebastian even packed us some lunch and drinks! You can’t beat the price, Sebastian arranged a private ride for us and it was cheaper than any group tour i found. We can’t wait to visit Cuenca again, this is a must do even if you are a little scared of horses, this experience built my confidence!!

1  Thank K B
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Arranging our 2 hour ride was simple, just a quick message or call. The centro was a 20 min. cab ride from our condo in Cuenca. Sebastian was there to greet us and the horses were tacked up, ready to go. I had mentioned to Sebastian in our initial contact that we were horse owners and described the type of trail ride we were interested in, which was a not too steep, slow paced ride to enjoy the scenery. That is exactly what he delivered.
The horses were in good condition and fit for purpose on the trail. Calm temperament and sure footed. Heck, the saddle was even comfortable!
The scenery was stunning and even though we had a brief shower we did not mind. All in all a beautiful morning. Thank you Sebastian!

2  Thank Northwind144
CENTROECUESTREBELLAV, General Manager at Centro Ecuestre Bellavista, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you very much ! We have enjoyed riding with you, you are always welcome

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

As a last minute trip to Ecuador- I was scrambling around trying to find stuff to do near Cuenca. This ride with Sebastian was the highlight of my trip. It took us a bit to find a taxi driver who was willing to go-and we ended up having to call for directions, but did fine after that.
The farm property is clean and maintained, with horses in a front lot when I was there. After discussing my riding level , Sebastian picked out a wonderful endurance mare who I got along with fabulously. I should make note that all the horses looked healthy and happy.
We set off on a beautiful 3 hour ride up into the mountains over Tarqui. I would highly recommend stopping by for a ride if you are in the area. Sebastian also spoke wonderful English and kept the ride interesting by telling me about Ecuador, his horses, the land etc. Wonderful experience!

1  Thank Kate F
CENTROECUESTREBELLAV, General Manager at Centro Ecuestre Bellavista, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear Kate it was nice to ride with you , thank you for your review about our place

Best wishes !

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We are visiting Cuenca for the first time and let me tell you, this horseback riding experience was so wonderful! Sebastian was the best tour guide, he made sure we all had horses that were suited to our abilities, made us sandwiches and had drinks for us! The prices are also way better than other places! The trail was simply breath taking, pictures don’t do it justice. If you are in the area, definitely go check out Centro Ecuestre Bellavista, it was our favorite thing to do here!

Gracias de nuevo Sebastian,
Era un placer de conocerte!

Gabriella P.

CENTROECUESTREBELLAV, General Manager at Centro Ecuestre Bellavista, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Gabriella and Family, thank you very much for your review about our place and to be rated because for us it's so important to offer our clientes wonderful experiences that will stay in their mind for ever.

We are are constantly improving and looking forward to have happy customers

Best regards !