“Great food, Amazing view!”
Review of Fogo Grill & Bar

Fogo Grill & Bar
Ranked #93 of 671 Restaurants in Cuenca
Price range: USD 6 - USD 15
Cuisines: American, Ecuadorean, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fogo Grill & Bar is the perfect choice if you want to change the ambiance, we are the best sport's restaurant and bar in Cuenca, our menu combines an excellent selection of grilled dishes, accompanied with delicious cocktails. If you are one of those people that love grilled steaks, this is definitely the place to choose. All these blended with an incomparable view of the beautiful city of Cuenca. We are located at circunvalacion sur and subida a Turi, top floor of Body Care Gym & Spa.
Reviewed 4 February 2017

We had a wonderful meal! The menu is extensive, with plenty of choices for everyone. The view of Cuenca from the terrace is superb and guests may choose to dine indoors or out on the terrace.

Date of visit: February 2017
Pedro Jose V, Gerente at Fogo Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Dear LynneLeBlanc L,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Fogo Grill & Bar with other travelers around the world.

I am very pleased to know that you liked your meal and specially that you enjoyed the wonderful view of Cuenca from our terrace.

We hope to see you very soon in Fogo Grill & Bar.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2016

The food was so good we ate there 3 times in one week, and the view is amazing, my wife said the shrimp that came with the Filet Mignon was the best she had ever had, and very fresh.
The Meat was tender & Juicy with amazing flavour, A great meal at a price for a hamburger in Canada. The coffee was also excellent, The staff was friendly and courteous.
No Complaints from any of our group

Date of visit: November 2015
Pedro Jose V, Gerente at Fogo Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Dear Leonard W,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments regarding your experience at Fogo Grill & Bar with other travelers around the world.

I am pleased to know that the quality of our food and the service provided by our wonderful staff met your expectations.

We hope to see you really soon in Fogo Grill & Bar and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

This place has one of the best views in Cuenca, the food is delicious although a bit pricey for Cuenca standards! Atention is great and they play good music!

Date of visit: November 2015
Pedro Jose V, Gerente at Fogo Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear facesofecuador,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the wonderful view of Cuenca from our restaurant and that the service provided by our staff met your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you really soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2015

I've been to Fogo many times in the past 5 years. I don't care for sitting inside because the view is so outstanding OUTSIDE on the patio overlooking the whole city. They have heat lamps, but not always gas, so always check or it could be chilly in the evening.

Our party of 5 arrived at 6:30pm and no one else was there. We were barely acknowledged when we walked in. The only two employees in sight were busy setting things up and couldn't be bothered with us. We sat outside and were given menus. It was a lonnnnng time before a server finally came out to take our order. We were anxious to start with drinks but since it took so long for him to come out to us, we figured we better order drinks AND food at the same time.

My friends order fajitas (good, they said) and beers. I ordered a hamburger and margarita. The margarita was good, but small for $6 (in a martini glass) and my hamburger and fries were HUGE. But, the hamburger bun was not toasted. It was just dry, cold, hamburger bread on what would be otherwise a pretty good burger.

When asked for extra napkins (you only get 1 tiny napkin for a sloppy burger and fries and hand-held fajita tacos!!!!) and another round of drinks, they were brought out promptly.

But, not so with the checque, which is quite common in Ecuador. 8 out of 10 times you might as well walk up front and pay at the cashier as most places take a long time to bring the bill to you so you can each figure out your portion BEFORE going to the cashier.

Overall, I like this place, great views on the balcony, and a wide variety on the menu, albeit a bit pricey for Cuenca, Ecuador. My total was about $27 for a hamburger ($10) and two margaritas, plus tax and tip. That's about 5 hours of wages for a typical Ecuadorian. Equate that to what 5 hours of wages would cost you in your home country. In the USA, that would mean I just paid over $100!!!!

Date of visit: December 2015
Pedro Jose V, Gerente at Fogo Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Dear danoinec,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your experience at Fogo Grill & Bar and for being a continual guest in our restaurant.

I am very glad to know that you enjoyed the unique view of Cuenca from our restaurant, however, I am very sorry to know that our staff did not take proper care of you when you arrived at the restaurant, I have talked to the staff and they told me that indeed they were a little bit busy setting up all the reservations for that evening, nevertheless, we apologize for this inconvenient.

I have passed all your observations to our operation´s manager in order for him to take immediate action and improve our service, I can assure you that on your next visit thing will be different.

Reviewed 30 May 2015

I have driven by Fogo's 100 times, but had never been in. We had a ladies dinner there with 11 of us. Diner at 7:00 pm and it was empty. That worried me, but by the time we left the place was packed. Very large menu and very large margaritas. I had the steak and shrimp, others had fajitas, chicken nachos, etc. my steak was tender, which is hard to come by in Ecuador. But others did say their food wasn't as hot as it should be. It was a bit pricey as far as restaurants go here in Cuenca, my dinner of filet, shrimp, mashed potatoes, Cesar salad, mushroom gravy, and a giant peach margarita was $21 including service and IVA. But it's a nice spot for a special dinner. The waiters were very attentive to us, the ambience is very upbeat. And the views are spectacular. Outdoor seating with heaters and comfy couches.

Date of visit: May 2015
Pedro Jose V, Gerente at Fogo Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Dear DeAnna,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences at Fogo Grill & Bar with other travelers around the world.

I am so glad to know that you and your friends enjoyed your evening with us, I will immediately pass your comments to our staff and I will talk to our chef regarding the food´s temperature.

We hope to see you very soon in any of our two signatures restaurants, Fogo Grill & Bar and FogoMar Grill & Bar.