“Pie de Limon Is Excellent!”
Review of Magnolia Cafe

Magnolia Cafe
Ranked #93 of 563 Restaurants in Cuenca
Cuisines: American, Ecuadorean, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Chose this restaurant over another, both of which we had eaten in before, on this particular day as it was very cool outside and we decided Magnolia Cafe would be the warmer place to eat! The hamburgers and fries were excellent - the fries being a normal size and not the large hunk of fried potato so many restaurants serve as french fries. However, the Pie de Limon we both had for dessert was absolutely excellent! We have since returned twice for the pie! :)

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Located along the river this place serves food Americans will recognize. Seems like a better menu for lunch than dinner. We had the lasagna. It was a huge piece served with a small salad. It was not the best I've ever had but it hit the spot.

Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

I was looking forward to a nice breakfast, but I sure didn't get it! Ordered the Eggs Benedict. After waiting an eternity, it was delivered cold. Eggs way overcooked. Muffin barely saw a grill or toaster, hollandaise was very salty and the ham straight from the fridge. Yuck. I choaked it down since no one came to check on me. I'm still sitting here waiting on my check and I've been here almost 2 hours. Not happy.

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

My sister loves this place so she recommended that we try it during our visit to Ecuador. The service is very good and the manager speaks some English very friendly also. Short wait time but we tried a couple things from the juices and hot chocolate to the sandwiches, burgers and deserts .....all excellent. This foodie had a wonderful time there this evening. Thanks for the wonderful dinner.

Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

We happen to go on a Saturday morning gringo day apperantly. We waited 45 minutes before we were served our coffee that WE had to ask for, by the way. It was an hour until they brought out our mediocre meals. Each plate was $7, a ridiculous price for what we were served. There was a huge group of old gringos who got the royal treatment while we waited and waited and waited. We came with 2 young children who were really hungry. We were very close to just walking out. The server had an attitude the whole time and the bill came out to a shocking $38 for crap food and service, and to top off that insult they tacked on a 3 dollar tip for themselves. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! They never offered us a discount, free coffee, nothing for the terrible inconvenience. We will never go to Magnolia Cafe again! We were sooo disappointed especially because we went there as a special treat after our daughters school Christmas program.