“Yummmmmmmmmeeeeee”

Cuisines: American, Ecuadorean, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2015

Cuenca tends to have a lot of restaurants, it is after all, a tourist destination. Most have set up shop in the downtown oldtown section. Magnolia is one place that is outside of the trendy area, but in reality is a short walk from anywhere. Situated across the road from the Tomebamba river and on a large square, it offers both inside and outside seating. We drooed in for afternoon coffee and a treat. Both hit the mark at a plus 10. Coffee was great and the apple streudal and ice cream delicious. The menu showed a good variety of dishes, including breakfast. Music supplied, was perfect for tha ambience of the restaurant. Service was excellent. On the higher end of your budget, but well worth the money spent. Try it, you'll like it.

Reviewed 12 February 2015

This restaurant offers breakfast and lunch, coffee and desserts. It is an attractive restaurant, which is why we stopped in. The food is decent but overpriced for the Cuenca market. For example, a glass of fresh juice runs $1-1.75 in most restaurants in Cuenca. Magnolia Cafe charges $3.

There was only one other table occupied during our lunch. Still, it was hard to get the attention of the waiter.

1  Thank KarenfromChicago
Reviewed 6 February 2015

We used the chance to stay in the Magnolia Café for having lunch before we have to leave Cuenca. Even as there are space outside, we preferred an indoor table to be protected from the windy weather conditions. You'll find a wide range of different meals and drinks, which makes it easy to choose. The service is very friendly and very obliging, which let you feel comfortable. Additional I'd like to mention the free WiFi in the whole restaurant and if necessary, you'll find a private space to chat with your friends.

Reviewed 10 December 2014

Ok I never ate here, just stopped for coffee when we were out walking in the rain. The coffee is ok. Strong but not the best I've had in Cuenca and now that I've had coffee at Café Austria I won't be back just for coffee. The Irish coffee was really good here though! Some aggressive drunk homeless guy started to harass and scare my wife and me and the owner came out with a big metal stick and made him leave. THANK YOU!!!!! I will have to go back someday to try the food. I did see that its the only place I've seen so far in Cuenca that serves Eggs Benedict. hmmm

Reviewed 2 December 2014

Magnolia Cafe has a very nice ambiance, the service is very good, a big selection of pies or pastry to accompany with your coffee. The Cappuccinos are very good, the expresso could be better. The french fries are delicious and fresh. My friends had hamburgers and they loved it. It is usually full of people because it has a great acceptance by the locals and visitors. There is also silver jewelry for sale, if you want to get some. The prices are very good, possibly one the best places where you can find a good meal for a good price.